Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pats sign Sanders to offer sheet

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Look for Steelers to try to get some payback in the future.
    I think there is an unwritten "code" within this league on these tenders
    The Owners in their, wink, wink, meetings, figuring out another cheap way to keep a team together.

How many times have you seen other teams go after tendered players?
    Not many, but BB could care less, I'm sure he's a hated man anyway & he knows it. Kraft would do anything for another champion, he's gone a decade now & he's seeing the window closing fast knowing that he's gonna have to beat the likes of the 49ers or Seahawks, who have defenses WAY BEYOND where the Pats are right now.
    He's got that huge boondoggle called Patriots place but deep down he knows damn well as soon as Bradys done it will be an empty canyon.
    No fans are front runners like New England fans. Just think back to the Celtics playing in an echo chamber, helloooo, hellooo, hellooo, is there anybody here?
    Gillette in 2015.
    You understand patriot place is a shopping mall and the pats only play 10-12 games a year. And if anything the signing will keep the union from complaining about rfa never moving.

Don't care. Their defense is still hot garbage. Also why is is evervy move the patsies make posted here on a New York Jets website.

Quote Originally Posted by FootballFan1 View Post
    Don't care. Their defense is still hot garbage. Also why is is evervy move the patsies make posted here on a New York Jets website.
    Because the OP did not post it in the non-jets thread, why don't you send him a PM and remind him.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Because the OP did not post it in the non-jets thread, why don't you send him a PM and remind him.
    Take your trolling elsewhere, Chowd.

Quote Originally Posted by FootballFan1 View Post
    Take your trolling elsewhere, Chowd.
    DWC13? Is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    But he instantly becomes the Pats #2 WR and leaves Pittsburgh without their projected #2. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

Homer Homer Brady's Boner

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Not bad Ray. Almost gives the illusion that you have a sense of humor.

Hall Of Fame
    An anonymous AFC executive expects the Patriots to sign restricted free agent Emmanuel Sanders to a long-term contract if the Steelers to decline to match their one-year, $2.5 million offer sheet.

"I don't believe for a second that Bill Belichick is giving up a third-round pick for Sanders for only one year," the exec told Yahoo's Jason Cole. Such a move would be considered dirty pool around the league, but is not illegal. The "fair" way to conduct such a transaction would be to sign Sanders to his long-term deal from the get-go, giving the Steelers a chance to match the true parameters of the agreement. Per Cole, Sanders is believed to be the first RFA in league history to sign a one-year offer sheet with a new team. The one-year arrangement is in the Pats' favor because the Steelers are right up against the salary. In a normal long-term agreement, Sanders' first-year cap number would likely be lower than $2.5 million.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    An anonymous AFC executive expects the Patriots to sign restricted free agent Emmanuel Sanders to a long-term contract if the Steelers to decline to match their one-year, $2.5 million offer sheet.

"I don't believe for a second that Bill Belichick is giving up a third-round pick for Sanders for only one year," the exec told Yahoo's Jason Cole. Such a move would be considered dirty pool around the league, but is not illegal. The "fair" way to conduct such a transaction would be to sign Sanders to his long-term deal from the get-go, giving the Steelers a chance to match the true parameters of the agreement. Per Cole, Sanders is believed to be the first RFA in league history to sign a one-year offer sheet with a new team. The one-year arrangement is in the Pats' favor because the Steelers are right up against the salary. In a normal long-term agreement, Sanders' first-year cap number would likely be lower than $2.5 million.
    Yet another example of how BB plays chess while the rest of the league's GMs play checkers.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    um we are talking about Sanders....a mediocre WR....you are gasping like they signed andre johnson lol
    He's not mediocre. He was buried behind Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown. I think he has a chance to be a 1000+ yd receiver with the Patriots.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby2times View Post
    He's not mediocre. He was buried behind Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown. I think he has a chance to be a 1000+ yd receiver with the Patriots.
    of course, bobby

just like Branch and Ochocinco

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    of course, bobby

He's no Royce Pollard, that's for sure.

If they get Sanders, their offense will be an improvement over last years Patsie offense and that isn't good for anybody.

I think they still have a lot of money to spend yet too. Looks like this year is going to be a talent load up for a ring with a lot of one year contracts so they can do it all over again next year if they have/want to.

Does anyone know how much money they'll have to dump on defense after this? I know they got Talib already locked up which will make their secondary pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    If they get Sanders, their offense will be an improvement over last years Patsie offense and that isn't good for anybody.

I think they still have a lot of money to spend yet too. Looks like this year is going to be a talent load up for a ring with a lot of one year contracts so they can do it all over again next year if they have/want to.

Does anyone know how much money they'll have to dump on defense after this? I know they got Talib already locked up which will make their secondary pretty decent.
    They don't have a whole lot of room left under the cap. Opinions vary as to how much is actually available. I've read anywhere from $6.9 to $8.6 million. Not strapped in the least but probably not enough for a big move. They'll need $1.5 or so for Edelman, plus enough for the rookie class, and should have enough left over for a Freeney or Abraham if either is still available.

of course, bobby

Yeah, lets compare a 26 year old who has improved every year in the league to 2 guys at the end of their careers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Yep

There's a big difference

Branch and Johnson were both legit quality receivers at 26

Sanders is already a JAG at 26

Jerricho Cotchery will blow up for 1200 yards and 100 catches just watch. Meanwhile Sanders will get hurt and limp threw the season and have like 30 catches and 200 yards.

Jets Insider VIP
    more news coming out on Sleazeachick's latest sleazy deal.

If only Goodell had done the right thing and banned this sleazy POS from the NFL for life when he was caught cheating redhanded

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--wi...210519500.html

Yep

There's a big difference

Branch and Johnson were both legit quality receivers at 26

Sanders is already a JAG at 26

The wisdom of JI:

Giving a 2 and a 7 for Welker is madness
    To think we swaped 2nd round picks for a 1300 yard running back these guys give a 2 and a 7 plus a ton of cash. Wow talk abot overpaying for a number #3 receiver
    So this is how the Patsy FO repays Brady for his loyalty? They let better guys walk and bring in this clown?

Sucks to be you Tommy Boy.
    Man, I didn't want to post anything because Pats fans would get all over me, but seriously, what is the infatuation with Welker? Yeah he's a special teams ace, but he's a freakin 3rd down scrub
    Now that is hillarious! More so than giving up a second for this guy.
    This Welker deal gets funnier and funnier evey day. Now the Pats cheated for the right to overpay JAG.
    The NFL is looking into it because they can't believe the Pats were stupid enough to give up that much for a 3rd string WR.
    The Welker deal is one of the best things that ever happened to the Jets.
    I'm almost 100% sure nothing will come out of this, but I will still say PLEASE NFL, do not void this deal!

Welker for a 2nd round pick, I still can't get over that, hahahahahahaha
    Welker is a JAG. Who cares.
    Trading away second-round picks and paying 9 million guaranteed to JAG is NOT mortgaging your future?
    Lol 2nd round for Wes Welker? Have fun.
    ...All that for a 3rd string WR. KR guy? Hes got good heart but all that money + a 2nd rounder for him? A bit much in my eyes...