Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 59

Thread: Schiano is not on board with Josh Freeman

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5121/josh-freeman

    Interesting quagmire! (love that word)

    What if they include Freeman in a deal for Revis. Say the 13th, their 3rd, Conditional 3rd next year and Freeman.
    It's funny I was thinking the same thing.

  2. #22
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,381
    Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    It's funny I was thinking the same thing.
    NFW

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    NFW
    Fu

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Murray Hill
    Posts
    7,819
    Freeman has been a disappointment - he did not implode as Sanchez did last year but the difference in heat these two guys have gotten represents their different markets - New York is grueling and Tampa is backwater.

    If Freeman was playing up here he'd have a permanent clown nose photoshopped on his face daily on the backcover.

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,997
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    Sorry, but Josh Freeman is no where near Flacco.
    Agree to disagree.

    In terms of physical skills, ability, and statistics, they are very similar quarterbacks. Flacco has a better and more complete team around him. He appears to be more clutch in big games, but that's not necessarily a concrete characteristic.

    Put Flacco on the Bucs from 2009-2012, and I don't think he's measurably better than Freeman.

  6. #26
    I dont get the hate for Freeman. Here is a guy with more 4th quarter victories then any QB over the last 4 years. He had a 95.5 QBR in his 2nd year with NOTHING AT WR. Last year under a new offense he struggled at times but still had over 4k yards. 2 of 4 years with over 60% comp and his YPG has increased each year. If Sanchez looked that good we'd be giving him a 100 mil deal right now. He is 25, hasn't even reached his prime, and has never had any attitude issues that I am aware of. He is a franchise QB.

  7. #27
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I dont get the hate for Freeman. Here is a guy with more 4th quarter victories then any QB over the last 4 years. He had a 95.5 QBR in his 2nd year with NOTHING AT WR. Last year under a new offense he struggled at times but still had over 4k yards. 2 of 4 years with over 60% comp and his YPG has increased each year. If Sanchez looked that good we'd be giving him a 100 mil deal right now. He is 25, hasn't even reached his prime, and has never had any attitude issues that I am aware of. He is a franchise QB.
    He completely blew in the 2nd half last year.

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    19,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I dont get the hate for Freeman.
    You not getting something? There's a shocker.

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,144
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    +1

    Via the draft is the easiest way. Risky, but every bit worth it.
    This is precisely why i have grown to recognize that RR was retained merely as a temporary solution until the big 2 contracts get dumped next year along with him.

    In 2014 idzik will have his choice of HC, what appears to be a great cap situation, as well as picks from the Revis trade, and a top 3 pick to grab our franchise QB in the 2014 draft.

    Personally, im going to watch more NCAA football than ever before this season to really feel knowledgeable and connected to our next Jets QB.
    This guy gets it.

  10. #30
    For a guy that had the likes of Teel and Nova as Qb's you'd think he'd be used to suckage.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    I just think that you need to post less.
    That's not happening slick

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    He completely blew in the 2nd half last year.
    Not sure that is fair. The whole team blew up really. Out side of the SL game I find it hard to blame just him. NO was not his fault at all. Out side of those 2 he played well enough to win. They where just out coached in tight games last year. Jackson also made a bad endzone drop to end one game. I'll be it I didnt watch ever TB game last year but the ones I did Josh looked really good. Maybe I'm a bit bitter at Greg Schiano but I dont see him lasting in the NFL very long. Anther year with Josh under his system helps I guess. Maybe Greg thinks he doesn't fit his system but big whoop. It is hard to find a QB that looks as good as Freeman when the chips are down. It is not for a lack of trying I can tell you that. Freeman always gets you into the game with his ability.

  13. #33
    Schiano ruins QBs generally. If he thinks he's bad, he's probably good.

  14. #34
    If TB offers Freeman and a 2013 1st for Revis the correct answer is you take that package and run. Freeman is absolutely an upgrade over Sanchez and anyone else we have - the people on this site who disagree are the same people who said in 2009 he wasn't worth a 1st round pick and are still foolishly trying to vindicate themselves.

    Freeman is the best qb to come out of that 2009 class kiddies. Yes, he's better than the walking egg Matthew Stafford. Give Freeman Megatron and he'll put up better numbers and actually win football games at the same time.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 04-10-2013 at 10:53 PM.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Not sure that is fair. The whole team blew up really. Out side of the SL game I find it hard to blame just him. NO was not his fault at all. Out side of those 2 he played well enough to win. They where just out coached in tight games last year. Jackson also made a bad endzone drop to end one game. I'll be it I didnt watch ever TB game last year but the ones I did Josh looked really good. Maybe I'm a bit bitter at Greg Schiano but I dont see him lasting in the NFL very long. Anther year with Josh under his system helps I guess. Maybe Greg thinks he doesn't fit his system but big whoop. It is hard to find a QB that looks as good as Freeman when the chips are down. It is not for a lack of trying I can tell you that. Freeman always gets you into the game with his ability.
    freeman is not that good
    you may have watched those couple games where he was forced to throw a ton bc he was always playing from behind
    he has a great fantasy stats but he has a ton of meaningless TDs

    he has a very good oline
    great running game
    the organization has attempted to get him weapons i.e. jackson, mike williams, and dallas clark (no he isnt the same player from a years ago but he can still play) and he still struggles

    if he was in NY, he would be ridiculed just like Sanchez but Freeman is in Tampa, so no one really cares

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    If TB offers Freeman and a 2013 1st for Revis the correct answer is you take that package and run. Freeman is absolutely an upgrade over Sanchez and anyone else we have - the people on this site who disagree are the same people who said in 2009 he wasn't worth a 1st round pick and are still foolishly trying to vindicate themselves.

    Freeman is the best qb to come out of that 2009 class kiddies. Yes, he's better than the walking egg Matthew Stafford. Give Freeman Megatron and he'll put up better numbers and actually win football games at the same time.
    no. stafford >>>>>>> freeman
    ill concede on the injuries earlier in the career but stafford has been healthy

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    Wow. Joe Flacco still gets no respect. Sorry, but Josh Freeman is no where near Flacco. Some of the throws Flacco makes are just unreal especially during the playoffs. Not to mention, he came up in the clutch. Not just this year, but against the pats last year (I'm referring to the beautiful throw that was dropped in the end zone for the win).
    The throw was great but the guy did not drop it, it was knocked out of his hands. You make it sound like it bounced off his hands.

  18. #38
    This is a big year for him, I like the guy more than most of you. This is his contract year, so the onus is on him to perform.

  19. #39
    Who's the QB to watch for next year? Teddy Bridgewater?

    In some respects, it would be a good thing if the season ends up so bad that we can get that franchise guy.

    Something just tells me though we're not gonna be as bad as people think. Rex seems to be at his best when the deck is stacked against him, when no one believes in his team, like in those playoff games he won.

    His job is on the line and so is Sanchez's. I just have a strange feeling it's going to bring out a surprising bit of performance from the two. Maybe not playoffs, but better than what is expected.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    This is a big year for him, I like the guy more than most of you. This is his contract year, so the onus is on him to perform.
    Most JI posters hated Freeman as a qb prospect before the '09 draft. Ironically he's been the best QB from that year's draft class and has the highest ceiling.

    If we traded Revis for Freeman, a 1st, a late rd pick and threw in the human waste product Tebow and then added a WR in FA and drafted a TE like Ertz in rd 2 we would really be turned around on offense. Freeman is mobile, significantly less turnover prone than Suckchez and a way better thrower.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 04-10-2013 at 11:51 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us