Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Revis Progress on NFL Network 04/11 @ 7:00pm.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    TB is in a similar situation as the Jets. They are going NOWHERE in 2013. No chance. They are maybe #9 in the NFC. Like the Jets in the AFC.

Why would they sacrifice their future by throwing away draft picks galore?

Pick a CB in the 1st this year and next and they - TB - then are rolling. Build through the draft, not with an overpriced punk

If Revis agree to a $12/year - 5 year deal, he'll demand another $4m before the start of the season. That's his standard operating procedure.
    Tampa wants a superstar CB... The odds of any 1st round CB being revis is extremely unlikely

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    TB is in a similar situation as the Jets. They are going NOWHERE in 2013. No chance. They are maybe #9 in the NFC. Like the Jets in the AFC.

Pick a CB in the 1st this year and next and they - TB - then are rolling. Build through the draft, not with an overpriced punk

If Revis agree to a $12/year - 5 year deal, he'll demand another $4m before the start of the season. That's his standard operating procedure.
    Are you really this ignorant, or are you just a big jimmie rustler? The GM will be fired if they miss the playoffs. Why does he care what happens next year?They have no fans buying tickets. They would like to sell some seats. This has been going on for months, and you're just asking these questions now? Nice trolling.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

lol calling Revis a punk.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Because they believe they are in the playoff hunt and drafting a rookie CB to go against ATL and NO 2xs a year would would be scary.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    lol calling Revis a punk.
    Well....punk is strong but you get the idea no?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Because they believe they are in the playoff hunt and drafting a rookie CB to go against ATL and NO 2xs a year would would be scary.
    Its funny, read some of the comments on ESPN ect. after Revis articles, you have Bucs fans saying, "just grab a CB in the draft, who needs Revis".

Funny chit. Revis has been the best CB in the league & voted the best defensive player in the league by his peers!
    Sure, just grab a guy in the draft & be done with it, lol.

They just know what they hear. When I see Sherman shut down players like Megatron, Randy Moss, Andre johnson in their prime & so on, then he can talk.

I hate the fact we can't keep Revis.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Its funny, read some of the comments on ESPN ect. after Revis articles, you have Bucs fans saying, "just grab a CB in the draft, who needs Revis".

Funny chit. Revis has been the best CB in the league & voted the best defensive player in the league by his peers!Sure, just grab a guy in the draft & be done with it, lol.

They just know what they hear. When I see Sherman shut down players like Megatron, Randy Moss, Andre johnson in their prime & so on, then he can talk.

I hate the fact we can't keep Revis.
    When did that happen??

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Well....punk is strong but you get the idea no?
    1) Revis is an unbelievable player.
    2) Revis is a fine team mate, hard worker, good leader and excellent example for team mates.
    3) Revis and his agents are pains in the ass to deal with and are adamant about getting max paid.
    4) Revis is naive about the effects his agents and his demands have on the Jets and their desire to keep him.

That's how I see it. My #1 1st choice of all scenarios is to sign him to a long term deal as long as it works for Idziks overall salary cap plan.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Tampa wants a superstar CB... The odds of any 1st round CB being revis is extremely unlikely

Maybe this year a draftee will not be a superstar. But next? Schiano is arrogant. He'll KNOW he can make a first rounder a star.
    Schiano also knows he has zero chance for the playoffs this year. Even as a WC.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    2) Revis is a fine team mate, hard worker, good leader and excellent example for team mates.
    3) Revis and his agents are pains in the ass to deal with and are adamant about getting max paid.
    4) Revis is naive about the effects his agents and his demands have on the Jets and their desire to keep him.

That's how I see it. My #1 1st choice of all scenarios is to sign him to a long term deal as long as it works for Idziks overall salary cap plan.
    I think most everyone would agree with that for the exception of Revis and his agents..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I can agree with this.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Are you really this ignorant, or are you just a big jimmie rustler? The GM will be fired if they miss the playoffs. Why does he care what happens next year?They have no fans buying tickets. They would like to sell some seats. This has been going on for months, and you're just asking these questions now? Nice trolling.
    I'm ignorant? You are the ignorant one. I'd hate for YOU to be managing my money.
    A typical fool with no real world pespective.
    Revis sell seats? BS. A good QB sells seats.
    And the GM is there for his third season. Not in a firing position. Have you looked at HIS history? Decent.
    The ownership family is loyal and is certainly better than the Jets ownership history.
    As for attendance, Tampa is a small market. One of the smallest in the NFL. But, of course, YOU knew that being so bright.
    Troll. Nope. I just dislike punks like Revis. I have made this point numerous times and will continue to do so. Especially as the Jets continue to show imcompetence at every level.
    You have been a fan how long. When you have 50 years under you belt, perhaps you may know something.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

NFC: SF, GB, ATL, SEA, NO, WAS, NYG, DAL. There's the battle AFTER which TB may come into play. Sacrifice all the draft choices = nothing now AND nothing later.