Thread: Mock 2.0

Mock 2.0

Thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

2013 NFL Mock Draft 4/11/13
    1. Kansas City Chiefs: Luke Joeckel: OT Texas A and M
    Joeckel will be the pick for the Chiefs. I do believe the Chiefs would love to trade down and get more picks but they will not be able to and Joeckel will be their selection.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Dion Jordan, DE/LB Oregan
    New GM Dave Caldwell would love to make a splash and take a playmaker. At this time there is none. He could pick Geno Smith but I think he will be scared off since Smith is not a sure bet and Jacksonville doesnít want another Blaine Gabbert on their hands. Jordan is the best available and at this point the best pick for the Jaguars.

3. Carolina Panthers: Sharrif Floyd DT Florida
    As usual the Raiders are picking in the top 10. This time though Reggie McKenzie is drafting and you donít have to worry about him selecting the best combine guy. McKenzie would be thrilled if Joeckel or Jordan fell to him. He would really consider selecting Geno Smith but feels it would be too much of a risk and is willing to see what Matt Flynn could do. With the departure of Richard Seymour and Tommy Kelly the defensive line needs to improve fast and Floyd is a step in the right direction.

4. Philadelphia Eagles: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
    With the resigning of Michael Vick and the addition of Dennis Dixon the Eagles will not draft a qb here. They are in need of an offensive lineman and Fisher is the best fit here. I do believe the Eagles will trade Nick Foles in this draft and draft a qb at some point. I think EJ Manuel or Ryan Nassib in the 2nd round is an option for them.

5. Detroit Lions: DeMarcus Milliner: CB, Alabama
    The Lions have many defensive holes to fill. DeMarcus Milliner is the best corner in this draft and the best pick for the Lions at 5. Ezekial Ansah is an option but Milliner is the best athletically right now and that is one of the many things the Lions are looking for.

6. Cleveland Browns: Ezekial Ansah DE/OLB, BYU
    Ansah is a great athlete who can play the defensive line and an outside linebacker in a 3-4. The Browns will be very happy drafting a Jason Pierre-Paul type player. Ansah will be a difference maker.

7. Arizona Cardinals: Lane Johnson, Tackle, Oklahoma
    The Cardinals would love for Eric Fisher to be here. Without Fisher the Cardinals will go for the third best tackle in this draft. Bruce Arians is not thrilled with Geno Smith and feels he can get a year or two with Carson Palmer. Chance Warmack or Jonathon Cooper are options here too.

8. Buffalo Bills: Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
    Buffalo is an enigma this year. I feel they will go in one of three ways. They will be tempted to take Smith (though I think they are hoping to trade down or trade back into the first round to get Ryan Nassib), they will draft Coradell Paterson (who I think will be this yearís bust and have heard he might have fallen into the 2nd round), or shock everyone and take Tavon Austin. As of now I am mocking Smith to the Bills but something tells me they will be handing Austinís name in to pair opposite Stevie Johnson.

9. New York Jets: Jarvis Jones, DE/LB, Georgia
    New Jets GM John Idzik has his hands full with this team. Where does he go? This team needs just about help everywhere on the offensive line, at wr, at rb, at qb, at outside lb, at safety. Where to start? With all the defensive picks the Jets have made the last few years they would love to pick offense. I think Jones is too tough to pass up for Rex Ryan. John Idzik is definitely running the show in New York now and agrees with Ryan that Jones is the best athlete to pick here. Plus he has been cleared from his medical issues.

10. Tennessee Titans: Star Lotulelei, DL, Utah
    The Titans are thrilled to get Lotulelei. He is a top five talent but dropped due to the health condition. He has been cleared and moved his way back to the top 10. The Titans will be thrilled to have his as their defense really struggled.

11. San Diego Chargers: Chance Warmack G Alabama
    The Chargers line last year was a major issue. They have an excellent qb who has proven he can be a star in this league. With the way the line played last year it is somewhat understandable why Phillip Rivers regressed. With Warmack being the best lineman available the Chargers will select him (Jonathon Cooper could be a selection here it will come down to who the Chargers feel will best fit them). The Chargers would be thrilled to have Lane Johnson fall to them but will be happy with Warmack.

12. Miami Dolphins: Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
    The Dolphins had a bad secondary last year and many of those problems came from the safety position. They never replaced Yermiah Bell after they cut him. Vaccaro will fit right in and help this club out.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
    With the trade of Aqib Talib the Bucs will be looking for a corner. Xavier Rhodes is an option but I feel Trufant will be the pick (with all of the rumors I believe this pick will be traded for Darelle Revis. If true I can see the Jets taking Jonathan Cooper with the 13th pick. If Tavon Austin is available or Geno Smith and the Jets make the trade they would aim to pick them).

14. Carolina Panthers: Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
    The Panthers would love for Lotulelei to fall to them but would be happy with Richardson. After the rushing yardage they gave up last year they really need to plug the hole in the center and Richardson would do that.

15. New Orleans Saints: Barkevious Mingo, DE/LB, LSU
    With the Saints changing to a 3-4 and after having an awful defense last year Rob Ryan will be jumping to get this athletic pass rusher. Mingo is the best one at this point with all the others being selected. Mingo took plays off last year which is a concern. He has stated he is ready to play and work hard. I hope for the Saints that is true.

16. St. Louis Rams: Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina
    The Rams desperately need help along the offensive line. With this selection they will take the best available lineman. Cooper is the best one at this point. A wide receiver is an option here too.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers: Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
    The Steelers were hoping for Mingo or Jones to fall to them. Not being able to address the outside linebacker position they elect to address the corner position. Rhodes has the size and skills to play in the NFL. Many fear he shies away from contact at times. Be interesting to see if someone like Troy Polamalu takes him under his wing and if he can become more physical.

18. Dallas Cowboys: DJ Fluker, Tackle, Guard, Alabama
    The Cowboys are asking Doug Free to take a pay cut. If he does not I would not be surprised to see them release him and select Fluker. Fluker should be a nice fit for the Cowboys for a long time.

19. New York Giants: Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
    The Giants could go in a number of ways. They need help at linebacker but Alec Ogletree scares them with his history of character issues and it might be too early for Manti Teo and Kevin Minter. Add in the Giants love having rush defensive ends and that they lost Osi Umenyoiera.

20. Chicago Bears: Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
    Much like the Cardinals the Bears are in dire need of offensive lineman. Unfortunately all the top ones have gone. The Bears did lose Brian Urlacher and they need help at the inside linebacker. Ogletree will be able to slide in and be a starter instantly. He might not help people to forget about Urlacher but he will help.

21. Cincinnati Bengals: Menelik Watson, Tackle, Florida State
    The Bengals were hoping for Ogletree to drop to them. That did not happen. They will consider Manti Teo but with the Andre Smith impasse they will look to select a tackle to replace him and Watson fills that need.

22. St. Louis Rams: Keenan Allen, WR California
    The Rams are looking to help protect and build around Sam Bradford. Keenan Allen is the best wide receiver at this point and the Rams will be happy to take this playmaker. Last year the Rams rookie receivers played well but they will be looking for more receivers to help Bradford. Allen will help Bradford and the Rams. Allen, Quick and Givens will give the Rams a group of good young receivers. Coradell Paterson could be selected here but I believe that Allen will be a better fit in St. Louis and Jeff Fisher I think feels the same way.

23. Minnesota Vikings: Sylvester Williams, NT, North Carolina
    The Vikings defensive line is getting old and they need to infuse some youth. Williams is the best defensive tackle available. He will infuse the youth and help transition when the Vikings older players start retiring or getting cut to save money.

24. Indianapolis Colts: Damonte Moore, DE, Texas A and M
    The Colts released Dwight Freeney and need a replacement for him. Moore was a top 10 talent for awhile and has fallen a little. Moore will help replace Freeney. A defensive tackle could be selected too but a defensive end is a bigger need now.

25. Minnesota Vikings: Coradel Paterson
    The Viking traded Harvin. Though Greg Jennings will help they do need to get younger at the position. Paterson can be a great addition for the Vikings.

26. Green Bay Packers: Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
    With Michael Finley being injured often and disappointing the Packers will look for more weapons for Aaron Rodgers. They would love to replace the loss of Greg Jennings but no wide receiver is worth picking here and Ertz would be a weapon for Rodgers and many will quickly forget about Finley.

27. Houston Texans: Justin Hunter
    There has been buzz recently about Hunter getting into the 1st round. The Texans need a wide receiver to pair with Andre Johnson. Hunter could be that player.

28. Denver Broncos: Tank Carridine, DE, Florida State
    Like Hunter there seems to be buzz around Carridine. After the fax situation with Elvis Dumerville the Broncos will look to replace those sacks. Carridine will give them some help. I could also see Matt Elam or Jonathan Cyprien go here after the way the Broncos gave up so much passing yards in the playoffs.

29. New England Patriots: Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State
    The Patriots can go in many directions. If one of the receivers falls to them they will select them. With most of them gone the Patriots look to sure up their cornerback situation with Taylor.

30. Atlanta Falcons: Datone Jones, DE,DL, UCLA
    The Falcons were real close to the Super Bowl last year. There defense let them down late and part of that reason was because they could not get to the qb. John Abraham is getting older and they need someone who can get to the qb. Jones will be able to do that for the Falcons.

31. San Francisco 49ers: Matt Elam, S, Florida
    The 9ers need help in the secondary and with Dashon Goldson leaving due to free agency Elam will help this unit. He is a good ball hawk who also plays the run well. Cyprien is an option there as well.

32. Baltimore Ravens: Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida Internation
    The Ravens have lost many players due to free agency and retirement. They will really feel that on defense. Cyprien will help fill the loss of Ed Reed.

Like the trade but why does Carolina keep their 1st round pick? Who and or what is Oakland geting in this?

pretty good but you never really had a team pick tavon Austin I know you said you think buffalo but in the end you still had them getting smith..think you just forgot to have him getting picked.

Quote Originally Posted by brol79 View Post
    pretty good but you never really had a team pick tavon Austin I know you said you think buffalo but in the end you still had them getting smith..think you just forgot to have him getting picked.
    I agree here but only because there are so many teams in dire need of a WR at the back end of this draft at least 4 guys are bound to go. He does have Hunter and no Hopkins so who knows here. NE taking a CB over WR is very unlikely IMO. They have stocked up on CBs IMO. Dennard finally has his court issues behind him and they still have Talib and Dowling. Not sure if any of then are bad just young. NE, Balt, SF, and Atlanta are all teams I could see looking at young WRs at value.

Quote Originally Posted by brol79 View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out. As you said I forgot to have him picked. I corrected it but I probably have him going too late. I also agree that the Pats will probably go with a wide receiver. Hunter is probably going to be the pick. I kept the cb there but might change that when it gets closer.

2013 NFL Mock Draft 4/11/13
    1. Kansas City Chiefs: Luke Joeckel: OT Texas A and M
    Joeckel will be the pick for the Chiefs. I do believe the Chiefs would love to trade down and get more picks but they will not be able to and Joeckel will be their selection.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Dion Jordan, DE/LB Oregan
    New GM Dave Caldwell would love to make a splash and take a playmaker. At this time there is none. He could pick Geno Smith but I think he will be scared off since Smith is not a sure bet and Jacksonville doesnít want another Blaine Gabbert on their hands. Jordan is the best available and at this point the best pick for the Jaguars.

3. Carolina Panthers: Sharrif Floyd DT Florida
    As usual the Raiders are picking in the top 10. This time though Reggie McKenzie is drafting and you donít have to worry about him selecting the best combine guy. McKenzie would be thrilled if Joeckel or Jordan fell to him. He would really consider selecting Geno Smith but feels it would be too much of a risk and is willing to see what Matt Flynn could do. With the departure of Richard Seymour and Tommy Kelly the defensive line needs to improve fast and Floyd is a step in the right direction.

4. Philadelphia Eagles: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
    With the resigning of Michael Vick and the addition of Dennis Dixon the Eagles will not draft a qb here. They are in need of an offensive lineman and Fisher is the best fit here. I do believe the Eagles will trade Nick Foles in this draft and draft a qb at some point. I think EJ Manuel or Ryan Nassib in the 2nd round is an option for them.

5. Detroit Lions: DeMarcus Milliner: CB, Alabama
    The Lions have many defensive holes to fill. DeMarcus Milliner is the best corner in this draft and the best pick for the Lions at 5. Ezekial Ansah is an option but Milliner is the best athletically right now and that is one of the many things the Lions are looking for.

6. Cleveland Browns: Ezekial Ansah DE/OLB, BYU
    Ansah is a great athlete who can play the defensive line and an outside linebacker in a 3-4. The Browns will be very happy drafting a Jason Pierre-Paul type player. Ansah will be a difference maker.

7. Arizona Cardinals: Lane Johnson, Tackle, Oklahoma
    The Cardinals would love for Eric Fisher to be here. Without Fisher the Cardinals will go for the third best tackle in this draft. Bruce Arians is not thrilled with Geno Smith and feels he can get a year or two with Carson Palmer. Chance Warmack or Jonathon Cooper are options here too.

8. Buffalo Bills: Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
    Buffalo is an enigma this year. I feel they will go in one of three ways. They will be tempted to take Smith (though I think they are hoping to trade down or trade back into the first round to get Ryan Nassib), they will draft Coradell Paterson (who I think will be this yearís bust and have heard he might have fallen into the 2nd round), or shock everyone and take Tavon Austin. As of now I am mocking Smith to the Bills but something tells me they will be handing Austinís name in to pair opposite Stevie Johnson.

9. New York Jets: Jarvis Jones, DE/LB, Georgia
    New Jets GM John Idzik has his hands full with this team. Where does he go? This team needs just about help everywhere on the offensive line, at wr, at rb, at qb, at outside lb, at safety. Where to start? With all the defensive picks the Jets have made the last few years they would love to pick offense. I think Jones is too tough to pass up for Rex Ryan. John Idzik is definitely running the show in New York now and agrees with Ryan that Jones is the best athlete to pick here. Plus he has been cleared from his medical issues.

10. Tennessee Titans: Star Lotulelei, DL, Utah
    The Titans are thrilled to get Lotulelei. He is a top five talent but dropped due to the health condition. He has been cleared and moved his way back to the top 10. The Titans will be thrilled to have his as their defense really struggled.

11. San Diego Chargers: Chance Warmack G Alabama
    The Chargers line last year was a major issue. They have an excellent qb who has proven he can be a star in this league. With the way the line played last year it is somewhat understandable why Phillip Rivers regressed. With Warmack being the best lineman available the Chargers will select him (Jonathon Cooper could be a selection here it will come down to who the Chargers feel will best fit them). The Chargers would be thrilled to have Lane Johnson fall to them but will be happy with Warmack.

12. Miami Dolphins: Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
    The Dolphins had a bad secondary last year and many of those problems came from the safety position. They never replaced Yermiah Bell after they cut him. Vaccaro will fit right in and help this club out.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
    With the trade of Aqib Talib the Bucs will be looking for a corner. Xavier Rhodes is an option but I feel Trufant will be the pick (with all of the rumors I believe this pick will be traded for Darelle Revis. If true I can see the Jets taking Jonathan Cooper with the 13th pick. If Tavon Austin is available or Geno Smith and the Jets make the trade they would aim to pick them).

14. Carolina Panthers: Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
    The Panthers would love for Lotulelei to fall to them but would be happy with Richardson. After the rushing yardage they gave up last year they really need to plug the hole in the center and Richardson would do that.

15. New Orleans Saints: Barkevious Mingo, DE/LB, LSU
    With the Saints changing to a 3-4 and after having an awful defense last year Rob Ryan will be jumping to get this athletic pass rusher. Mingo is the best one at this point with all the others being selected. Mingo took plays off last year which is a concern. He has stated he is ready to play and work hard. I hope for the Saints that is true.

16. St. Louis Rams: Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina
    The Rams desperately need help along the offensive line. With this selection they will take the best available lineman. Cooper is the best one at this point. A wide receiver is an option here too.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers: Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
    The Steelers were hoping for Mingo or Jones to fall to them. Not being able to address the outside linebacker position they elect to address the corner position. Rhodes has the size and skills to play in the NFL. Many fear he shies away from contact at times. Be interesting to see if someone like Troy Polamalu takes him under his wing and if he can become more physical.

18. Dallas Cowboys: DJ Fluker, Tackle, Guard, Alabama
    The Cowboys are asking Doug Free to take a pay cut. If he does not I would not be surprised to see them release him and select Fluker. Fluker should be a nice fit for the Cowboys for a long time.

19. New York Giants: Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
    The Giants could go in a number of ways. They need help at linebacker but Alec Ogletree scares them with his history of character issues and it might be too early for Manti Teo and Kevin Minter. Add in the Giants love having rush defensive ends and that they lost Osi Umenyoiera.

20. Chicago Bears: Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
    Much like the Cardinals the Bears are in dire need of offensive lineman. Unfortunately all the top ones have gone. The Bears did lose Brian Urlacher and they need help at the inside linebacker. Ogletree will be able to slide in and be a starter instantly. He might not help people to forget about Urlacher but he will help.

21. Cincinnati Bengals: Menelik Watson, Tackle, Florida State
    The Bengals were hoping for Ogletree to drop to them. That did not happen. They will consider Manti Teo but with the Andre Smith impasse they will look to select a tackle to replace him and Watson fills that need.

22. St. Louis Rams: Tavon Austin, WR West Virginia
    The Rams are looking to help protect and build around Sam Bradford. Tavon Austin drops a little in my draft and the Rams are thrilled to get him. Last year the Rams rookie receivers played well but they will be looking for more receivers to help Bradford. Austin will help Bradford and the Rams. Austin, Quick and Givens will give the Rams a group of good young receivers. Austin should go earlier in the draft and I wouldnít be surprised if someone moves up for him.

23. Minnesota Vikings: Sylvester Williams, NT, North Carolina
    The Vikings defensive line is getting old and they need to infuse some youth. Williams is the best defensive tackle available. He will infuse the youth and help transition when the Vikings older players start retiring or getting cut to save money.

24. Indianapolis Colts: Damonte Moore, DE, Texas A and M
    The Colts released Dwight Freeney and need a replacement for him. Moore was a top 10 talent for awhile and has fallen a little. Moore will help replace Freeney. A defensive tackle could be selected too but a defensive end is a bigger need now.

25. Minnesota Vikings: Keenan Allen, WR, California
    The Viking traded Harvin. Though Greg Jennings will help they do need to get younger at the position. Allen can help replace Harvin. I think Allen will be the best wide receiver in this draft and the Vikings will be thrilled to have him.

26. Green Bay Packers: Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
    With Michael Finley being injured often and disappointing the Packers will look for more weapons for Aaron Rodgers. They would love to replace the loss of Greg Jennings but no wide receiver is worth picking here and Ertz would be a weapon for Rodgers and many will quickly forget about Finley.

27. Houston Texans: Coradel Paterson, WR, Tennessee
    If Paterson is there the Texans will be thrilled. They have been looking for a big wide receiver to put next to Andre Johnson for awhile. Paterson will compliment Johnson well and if he becomes the player he is supposed to be he could be what pushes the Texans to the next level.

28. Denver Broncos: Tank Carridine, DE, Florida State
    Like Hunter there seems to be buzz around Carridine. After the fax situation with Elvis Dumerville the Broncos will look to replace those sacks. Carridine will give them some help. I could also see Matt Elam or Jonathan Cyprien go here after the way the Broncos gave up so much passing yards in the playoffs.

29. New England Patriots: Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State
    The Patriots can go in many directions. If one of the receivers falls to them they will select them. With most of them gone the Patriots look to sure up their cornerback situation with Taylor.

30. Atlanta Falcons: Datone Jones, DE,DL, UCLA
    The Falcons were real close to the Super Bowl last year. There defense let them down late and part of that reason was because they could not get to the qb. John Abraham is getting older and they need someone who can get to the qb. Jones will be able to do that for the Falcons.

31. San Francisco 49ers: Matt Elam, S, Florida
    The 9ers need help in the secondary and with Dashon Goldson leaving due to free agency Elam will help this unit. He is a good ball hawk who also plays the run well. Cyprien is an option there as well.

32. Baltimore Ravens: Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida Internation
    The Ravens have lost many players due to free agency and retirement. They will really feel that on defense. Cyprien will help fill the loss of Ed Reed.

All League
    Good job. My preference, although tough for Idzik to do, is to trade out out of the 9 spot.

But with your scenario, I'd pick Star.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Good job. My preference, although tough for Idzik to do, is to trade out out of the 9 spot.

But with your scenario, I'd pick Star.
    if star is on the board ...thats the pick.

jarvis jones is going to be a bust.

coples wilkerson star L. for the next decade is a problem for the rest of the league.