Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: K-Ro's Mock 4/11/13

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,311
    Post Thanks / Like

    K-Ro's Mock - The Rebuilding Begins

    Jets trade Darrelle Revis to the Tampa Bay Buccs for pick #1, #73, and a conditional pick in next years draft that can be high as a 2nd rounder.

    Why? Trading Revis accelerates a rebuild plan. Trading Revis essentially gives you another draft class to work with, and also gives cap flexibility for other needy positions.

    Jets trade 2014 conditional pick to the Philadelphia Eagles for QB Nick Foles. (High as a 1st Low as a 5th)

    Jets trade pick #39 and #73 to the Green Bay Packers for pick #26 and a 6th rounder.

    1. A) - Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU
    - Why? With Dion Jordan off the board, Damontre Moore and Jarvis Jones with unimpressive shows at the combine, and Ansah as a pure 4-3 End, that leaves Barkevious Mingo. Mingo is a fantastic player, and I can understand why he didn't put up the numbers at LSU. He was used with his hand in the dirt for most of the time at LSU. With a guy with as quick as a first step that Mingo has, and with a weaker upper body, he's best fit as a 3-4 OLB, with a guy like Wilkerson taking on blocks in front of him. His strength is a question yeah, but throw him in the weight room on a weight gainer, that can change very quickly. He has an explosive first step and a frightening spin move. Bingo on Mingo.

    1. B) - Tavon Austin, WR, WVU
    - Why? I know it's against the grain, but we need a playmaker. It's that simple. We constructed one of the most boring offenses in football last year, thanks to the likes of an awful receiving core. We haven't had a pro bowl WR in a decade. Austin can be that guy. Make you miss, get me in space, throw me outside, inside the slot, in the backfield. The guy is a playmaker, and doesn't have any injury concerns. Never missed a game in his life.

    1. C) Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
    - Why? Once again, a team desperate of playmakers goes after another. I see a little Tony Gonzo in his game. Straight up flies for the ball and catches it at the highest point every time. The guy would be a double double rebounding the ball. He gets up at gets it. Great hands, can block better than advertised.

    3. Barrett Jones, C/G, Alabama
    Why? Barrett Jones would be a perfect fit for the organization. He is a lunch pale type player on the OL, something we've been desperate for. He's agile, and can feast in the ZBS. Can throw him all over the line, and can be successful.

    4. Tyrann Mathieu, FS, LSU
    Why? I had a tough time deciding between Rambo whom is a favorite of mine, and Mathieu. I like Mathieu at this spot early in the 4th as he is a jack of all trades guy that probably is more suited for Safety in the NFL. The guy is a ball hawk, and has the instincts and demeanor you want on a Safety. Sees the plays well, and reads defenses, good tackler, and can put on some size with the move to safety.

    5. Miguel Maysonet, RB, Stony Brook
    Why? Guy can do it all at HB. Run, Catch, Block. Had a former HS teammate of mine that plays with him now, and constantly raves about how unbelievable he is. 1 cut runner with great vision. Sleeper.

    6. Brandon McGee, CB, Miami
    McGee is an athletic versatile CB that will slide due to all the high praised corners in this draft. Love McGee

    6. Zeke Motta, S, Notre Dame
    Motta comes in to compete at SS with Allen and Bush. It's not definite both of them even make the roster, so Motta adds good depth. You know how Rex loves his Safety's.

    7. Anthony McCloud, DL, FSU
    Big, beefy, DL, that can defend the run, and be viable depth.



    QB - Foles - Sanchez - Garrard
    RB - Goodson - Powell - Maysonet - McKnight
    FB - Hilliard
    WR - Austin
    WR - Holmes - Hill
    WR - Kerley - White
    TE - Eifert - Cumberland - Reuland
    LT - DBrick - Landolt
    LG - Jones - Peterman
    C - Mangold
    RG - Colon - Schlauberdeff
    RT - Howard

    Defense
    NT - Ellis - Garay
    DT - Wilkerson - Harrison
    DE - Coples - McCloud
    Leo - Mingo
    Mike - Harris - Bellore
    Will - Davis - Muaga
    Sam - Barnes - McIntyre
    CB - Cro - Berry - Lankster
    CB - Wilson - Trufant - McGee
    FS - Mathieu - Allen
    SS - Landry, Bush, Motta

    KR - McKnight
    PR - Austin
    Last edited by K-Ro 25; 04-14-2013 at 07:02 PM.

  2. #2
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Jets trade Darrelle Revis to the Tampa Bay Buccs for pick #1, #73, and a conditional pick in next years draft that can be high as a 2nd rounder.

    Why? Trading Revis accelerates a rebuild plan. Trading Revis essentially gives you another draft class to work with, and also gives cap flexibility for other needy positions.

    Jets trade 2014 conditional pick to the Philadelphia Eagles for QB Nick Foles. (High as a 1st Low as a 5th)

    Jets trade pick #39 and #73 to the Green Bay Packers for pick #26 and a 6th rounder.

    1. A) - Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU
    - Why? With Dion Jordan off the board, Damontre Moore and Jarvis Jones with unimpressive shows at the combine, and Ansah as a pure 4-3 End, that leaves Barkevious Mingo. Mingo is a fantastic player, and I can understand why he didn't put up the numbers at LSU. He was used with his hand in the dirt for most of the time at LSU. With a guy with as quick as a first step that Mingo has, and with a weaker upper body, he's best fit as a 3-4 OLB, with a guy like Wilkerson taking on blocks in front of him. His strength is a question yeah, but throw him in the weight room on a weight gainer, that can change very quickly. He has an explosive first step and a frightening spin move. Bingo on Mingo.

    1. B) - Tavon Austin, WR, WVU
    - Why? I know it's against the grain, but we need a playmaker. It's that simple. We constructed one of the most boring offenses in football last year, thanks to the likes of an awful receiving core. We haven't had a pro bowl WR in a decade. Austin can be that guy. Make you miss, get me in space, throw me outside, inside the slot, in the backfield. The guy is a playmaker, and doesn't have any injury concerns. Never missed a game in his life.

    1. C) Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
    - Why? Once again, a team desperate of playmakers goes after another. I see a little Tony Gonzo in his game. Straight up flies for the ball and catches it at the highest point every time. The guy would be a double double rebounding the ball. He gets up at gets it. Great hands, can block better than advertised.

    3. Barrett Jones, C/G, Alabama
    Why? Barrett Jones would be a perfect fit for the organization. He is a lunch pale type player on the OL, something we've been desperate for. He's agile, and can feast in the ZBS. Can throw him all over the line, and can be successful.

    4. Tyrann Mathieu, FS, LSU
    Why? I had a tough time deciding between Rambo whom is a favorite of mine, and Mathieu. I like Mathieu at this spot early in the 4th as he is a jack of all trades guy that probably is more suited for Safety in the NFL. The guy is a ball hawk, and has the instincts and demeanor you want on a Safety. Sees the plays well, and reads defenses, good tackler, and can put on some size with the move to safety.

    5. Miguel Maysonet, RB, Stony Brook
    Why? Guy can do it all at HB. Run, Catch, Block. Had a former HS teammate of mine that plays with him now, and constantly raves about how unbelievable he is. 1 cut runner with great vision. Sleeper.

    6. Zac Dysert, QB, Miami Ohio,
    Big, mobile QB who's tape is much better than his shaky performances at the Senior Bowl and Combine. Will have a change to compete from day one.

    6. Zeke Motta, S, Notre Dame
    Motta comes in to compete at SS with Allen and Bush. It's not definite both of them even make the roster, so Motta adds good depth. You know how Rex loves his Safety's.

    7. Anthony McCloud, DL, FSU
    Big, beefy, DL, that can defend the run, and be viable depth.



    QB - Foles - Sanchez - Garrard - Dysert
    RB - Goodson - Powell - Maysonet - McKnight
    FB - Hilliard
    WR - Austin
    WR - Holmes - Hill
    WR - Kerley - White
    TE - Eifert - Cumberland - Reuland
    LT - DBrick - Landolt
    LG - Jones - Peterman
    C - Mangold
    RG - Colon - Schlauberdeff
    RT - Howard

    Defense
    NT - Ellis - Garay
    DT - Wilkerson - Harrison
    DE - Coples - McCloud
    Leo - Mingo
    Mike - Harris - Bellore
    Will - Davis - Muaga
    Sam - Barnes - McIntyre
    CB - Cro - Berry - Lankster
    CB - Wilson - Trufant
    FS - Mathieu - Allen
    SS - Landry, Bush, Motta

    KR - McKnight
    PR - Austin
    Great draft not crazy about Mingo really like the Foles trade, smart.
    Would love Austin and Tyler E

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    611
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the draft turned out as you mocked, especially with the Foles trade I think we would be in pretty good shape

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    If the draft turned out as you mocked, especially with the Foles trade I think we would be in pretty good shape

    Yeah, I wanted to address all of our needs.
    It's not a guarantee that we'll suck. I really don't think we'll be as bad as advertised. If Foles becomes a stud, we have our franchise QB, giving up a 1st or probably 2nd round pick. If he doesn't pan out, we get a top 5 pick in next years draft, and only gave up a 5th round pick.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,425
    Post Thanks / Like
    HATE the mingo pick...I feel certain he will bust.

    Don't care for the foles trade.

    Loved the rest of the draft.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,831
    Post Thanks / Like
    What am I missing here? How does Dysert get onto the roster without being drafted?
    Guard Peterman left the Jets without signing; is there more news on that?
    LOL@ Schlauberdeff. This poor guy must go thru life with his name butchered but this one gets creativity points.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The swamp via LI
    Posts
    1,725
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love the first four picks but IMO it is unrealistic. For one you are never going too be able to trade for Foles with a CONDITIONAL PICK that ranges from round 1-round 5.
    Unrealistic as I doubt anything like that has ever happened before in the history of the NFL.
    Now change it to a 3rd that could bump too a second and I like it. We need a QB and this class sucks bigtime.
    I also really doubt Eifert is there at 26. Just not gonna happen but I personally love the player and it would be great to see him in green and white. Ertz is more realistic and while I want Eifert I just don't think he's there. Hell I'm hoping Ertz is there.
    Round 4 I hate, don't want any part of the honey badger, even in the 7th. In interviews the guy looks borderline mentally impaired, and it's not going too get better in the NFL when he has some money in his pocket. I'm going BPA here with a guard.

    Round 5 I hate. A RB from Stony Brook. Guy will be a UDFA. Maybe a Dion Sims TE would be my double dip this year. Perfect player to compliment Eifert/Ertz.

    Round 6 and on is just pure BPA regardless of position.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Love the first four picks but IMO it is unrealistic. For one you are never going too be able to trade for Foles with a CONDITIONAL PICK that ranges from round 1-round 5.
    Unrealistic as I doubt anything like that has ever happened before in the history of the NFL.
    Now change it to a 3rd that could bump too a second and I like it. We need a QB and this class sucks bigtime.
    I also really doubt Eifert is there at 26. Just not gonna happen but I personally love the player and it would be great to see him in green and white. Ertz is more realistic and while I want Eifert I just don't think he's there. Hell I'm hoping Ertz is there.
    Round 4 I hate, don't want any part of the honey badger, even in the 7th. In interviews the guy looks borderline mentally impaired, and it's not going too get better in the NFL when he has some money in his pocket. I'm going BPA here with a guard.

    Round 5 I hate. A RB from Stony Brook. Guy will be a UDFA. Maybe a Dion Sims TE would be my double dip this year. Perfect player to compliment Eifert/Ertz.

    Round 6 and on is just pure BPA regardless of position.
    A majority of mocks have Eifert going anywhere between 22-32. Every mock basically.

    If you're making fun of Maysonet based on his school you're going to fool yourself and sound dumb. Guy's a stud.


    Also, conditional picks like that do exist. It bumps to a 1st if he's all pro, 2nd if pro bowl 3rd if starts. Remember the Favre Jets deal? Something similar.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    What am I missing here? How does Dysert get onto the roster without being drafted?
    Guard Peterman left the Jets without signing; is there more news on that?
    LOL@ Schlauberdeff. This poor guy must go thru life with his name butchered but this one gets creativity points.
    I was just assuming that we sign him, and also I forgot to change the Dysert.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The swamp via LI
    Posts
    1,725
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    A majority of mocks have Eifert going anywhere between 22-32. Every mock basically.

    If you're making fun of Maysonet based on his school you're going to fool yourself and sound dumb. Guy's a stud.


    Also, conditional picks like that do exist. It bumps to a 1st if he's all pro, 2nd if pro bowl 3rd if starts. Remember the Favre Jets deal? Something similar.
    You're trying too compare the Favre trade to a backup 2nd year QB with the Eagles.

    And I don't care what the draftniks say. No way Eifert makes it past the steelers at 17. If I snag the 13th from the Bucs i'm running to the podium with Eiferts name on it. And over the years I hate the idea of drafting a TE in the first. Eifert is special, as is this whole TE class.

    Overall I liked your work on the mock but you wanted criticism and that is what you got.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    You're trying too compare the Favre trade to a backup 2nd year QB with the Eagles.

    And I don't care what the draftniks say. No way Eifert makes it past the steelers at 17. If I snag the 13th from the Bucs i'm running to the podium with Eiferts name on it. And over the years I hate the idea of drafting a TE in the first. Eifert is special, as is this whole TE class.

    Overall I liked your work on the mock but you wanted criticism and that is what you got.

    It's the trade not the player. I can name a bunch of trades like that. Jason Campbell trade too. Vilma trade was complicated.

    BTW, The Steelers have Heath Miller, a top 10 TE. That team has glaring holes at WR, RB, and OLB. Also needs youth at Safety, Corner, and DL. No way they go TE. Who else really needs a TE?

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The swamp via LI
    Posts
    1,725
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    It's the trade not the player. I can name a bunch of trades like that. Jason Campbell trade too. Vilma trade was complicated.

    BTW, The Steelers have Heath Miller, a top 10 TE. That team has glaring holes at WR, RB, and OLB. Also needs youth at Safety, Corner, and DL. No way they go TE. Who else really needs a TE?
    In case you didn't know Heath Miller obliterated his knee in the last game of the season. So now after losing Wallace, a huge ? with Miller, and possibly losing Sanders they are in dire need of offensive playmakers.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,514
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    HATE the mingo pick...I feel certain he will bust.

    Don't care for the foles trade.

    Loved the rest of the draft.
    mingo seems like a taller version of maybin. let the saints take the hometown guy.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    In case you didn't know Heath Miller obliterated his knee in the last game of the season. So now after losing Wallace, a huge ? with Miller, and possibly losing Sanders they are in dire need of offensive playmakers.

    Yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that they have greater needs than a backup TE with a first round pick. 4th? I can see, not first. I guarantee it.

    They have no HB, lost 2 of their top 3 WR's, no PR on the outside. Old Secondary, can use a NG. Too many holes.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us