Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Jets sign K Derek Dimke

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jackson Heights
    Posts
    2,357

    Jets sign K Derek Dimke

    It's clearly a knee jerk reaction to the Lions signing Kickalicious outta Norway.

    rotoworld likens him as a camp leg signed to a 3 year contract.

  2. #2
    @ConorTOrr: Punter Ryan Quigley RT @RQuigs46: Proud to be apart of Jet nation! Blessed for the opportunity and all the support! #JETS #BC

  3. #3
    No way this guy beats out Folk for a job this year but we cant expect Folk to make every kick during every camp and pre-season. Xtra leg is exactly right.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,248
    Competition is vital.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jackson Heights
    Posts
    2,357
    Unless the reports are false why sign a camp leg to a 3 year deal?

  6. #6
    Camp leg, nothing more. They could have given him a 10 year deal and he's still a camp leg. It's all about how the contract is written out and the guaranteed money - which I'm sure there is none. Unless Folk completely tanks it out there he'll be fine. Almost all teams bring in a camp leg. Even the Bucs, who just gave Connor Barth a huge deal last offseason, brought in Nate Keading as a camp leg.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by I against I View Post
    Unless the reports are false why sign a camp leg to a 3 year deal?
    Pretty sure its a standard contract for these type of players - non-vested FAs...Highly doubt any real guaranteed money so if he's cut there isn't any cap hit

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,387

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    No way this guy beats out Folk for a job this year but we cant expect Folk to make every kick during every camp and pre-season. Xtra leg is exactly right.
    Yup. Watched some of his workout vids on Youtube. Not very impressive - leg looks pretty weak. That's 5 minutes of my life wasted that I will never get back. Friggin' off season.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jets Land
    Posts
    1,262
    The way the Jets are doing contracts this year compared to previous years is a little different. Idzik is giving all of these guys multiple year contracts that we can get out from under after 1 year. But if one of these guys blow up this season we at least have the ability to keep them for 2014 without having to give them a big raise. This is something that Tannenbaum screwed up with when he did the Landry contract. He could have put a 2nd year on that deal that was guaranteed after a certain date following last season which would have given us the ability to retain Landry this season at least.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    The way the Jets are doing contracts this year compared to previous years is a little different. Idzik is giving all of these guys multiple year contracts that we can get out from under after 1 year. But if one of these guys blow up this season we at least have the ability to keep them for 2014 without having to give them a big raise. This is something that Tannenbaum screwed up with when he did the Landry contract. He could have put a 2nd year on that deal that was guaranteed after a certain date following last season which would have given us the ability to retain Landry this season at least.
    Link to that? I don't recall that as an option to signing Landry? I would think if Landry's agents wanted that they would have allowed the franchise tag since that would have been approx $5-6M guaranteed $$.

    Landry and his agents didn't want that. They wanted to be able to go to the FA market if he played a full season and the Jets wanted an out if he couldn't.

    And the Sanchez contract is similar to what you stated except its for 2 yrs before you can get out of it. After that its a reasonable contract for a starting QB.

    And the players the Jets have signed this season aren't top flight FAs which would command more of a contract that you couldn't get out of after 1 season.

    http://www.nyjetscap.com/2012_Articl...zextension.php

    And 1 other piece of info. Scott Cohen, Asst GM, did the Barnes contract. I posted a thread about that a few weeks ago.
    Last edited by C Mart; 04-12-2013 at 03:04 PM.

  11. #11
    I'm rooting for this kid- we need a little change from Folk now.

  12. #12
    This guys sucks!!! WTF is Idzik doing!!!!!! SOJ GM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!








Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us