Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why not vince young

Marty M. had him in Philadelphia for a year (I think). The fact that they haven't even given him a look tells you what Marty thinks of him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    OP is GMC/Nike.
    is he really?

how many user IDs has GMC created here?

Quote Originally Posted by kmsurfs2000 View Post
    his record would indicate otherwise-he has better skills then sanchez
    Vince Young, 31-20, including 0-1 Post Season
    Mark Sanchez 37-31, including 4-2 Post Season
    Tim Tebow 9-7, including 1-1 Post Season
    Joe Namath 64-64, including 2-1 Post Season

Team is loaded with winning quarterbacks. Can't believe they ever started that Namath guy though, Vince Young clearly is better from his record.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmsurfs2000 View Post
    how would it make the team take a step back if he beats out the other guys to earn the job?

super cheap is the answer with the jets under the cap mess they are in-the answer we know for sure is NOT SANCHEZ
    because his problems on the field pale in comparison to his problems off the field. if he comes in and beats everyone out for the job, you're still not sure what you have, or for how long. A playoff team with a healthy, solid starter could afford to bring him in, kick the tires, and see if they want to take a chance, use him in some packages, etc. We don't have that luxury, we're NOT going to be spectacular at QB this year, we need to stabilize the position, so we can win other ways.

The major difference between him and Sanchez is he doesnt care what people think of him and has a positive self images. Sanchez wants the fans to like him and thinks he sucks. Which he does and all but I'd rather him at least try not to suck. In that persective I'd rather Young but he still sucks either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    The major difference between him and Sanchez is he doesnt care what people think of him and has a positive self images. Sanchez wants the fans to like him and thinks he sucks. Which he does and all but I'd rather him at least try not to suck. In that persective I'd rather Young but he still sucks either way.
    Are we talking about the same Vince Young? The one that used to play QB for the Titans and Eagles? The one that didn't want to go back into the game after being booed for throwing a pick, and then a few days later went missing and teammates and coaches were worried about him committing suicide? The one who has gone through almost all of the $26 million he has been paid as a pro?

I think we have different visions of a positive self image.

I don't mean to make light of any real mental health issues he may have, those are serious issues that may need treatment. But I can't believe we are talking about the same player.

Quote Originally Posted by z28lt1 View Post
    Are we talking about the same Vince Young? The one that used to play QB for the Titans and Eagles? The one that didn't want to go back into the game after being booed for throwing a pick, and then a few days later went missing and teammates and coaches were worried about him committing suicide? The one who has gone through almost all of the $26 million he has been paid as a pro?

I don't mean to make light of any real mental health issues he may have, those are serious issues that may need treatment. But I can't believe we are talking about the same player.
    He just thinks he is an elite QB in this league even after he get tossed off teams. lol Young is just high on himself but yeah has depression issues no doubt. Never once felt he actually cared about the fans though. Just himself.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    The experts said that about JIM PLUNKETT and he became a Raider and the rest is history. Look it up. History has a way of repeating itself.
    I looked it up, and found no expert references to Plunkett sucking anything on a donkey. Link?

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I looked it up, and found no expert references to Plunkett sucking anything on a donkey. Link?
    That is one yahoo search I want nothing to do with.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    He sucks major donkey...bust!
    Your language is inspiring on a Friday night Shark ...

"This is Major Donkey to Ground Control,"

Jets Insider VIP
    vince sucks

still not as badly as Teblow but yes, he sucks

No Vince

No Jamarcus either

and hopefully soon, really soon

no TEBLOW EITHER

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetsFanII View Post
    Marty M. had him in Philadelphia for a year (I think). The fact that they haven't even given him a look tells you what Marty thinks of him.
    This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP

No, you are absolutely correct!!

What is amazing is though is people so dislike Sanchez that they will make up anything to support their position!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    No, you are absolutely correct!!

What is amazing is though is people so dislike Sanchez that they will make up anything to support their position!!
    Reminds me of when people said Chad was only a first round pick due to playin with Randy Moss at Marshall despite him playing an entire 2 seasons there after Randy left. I'm no sanchez guy at all, but you're right, to just outwardly write a libellous statement just to make someone look worse is just simply bad business. It's dishonest and misleading to those who don't know.

Another example is when some of the Rex apologists quickly name him the DC of the 2000 Ravens!

So, no guns for VY?

Too soon?

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Didnt scan this crapfest to see if posted.

The Oakland Raiders acquired Matt Flynn from Seattle but continue to seek viable backups. Currently the Raiders have Terrelle Pryor as the most likely option behind Flynn. The Raiders had recently been linked to Seneca Wallace but opted against giving him a contract. On Wednesday the Raiders worked out Vince Young and Troy Smith. According to NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport Young “looked good” in the tryout. Young recently threw at the University of Texas’ pro-day and is sent former head coach Jeff Fisher a letter of apology. When Young came into the NFL the read option was not as employed as it is now. If Young still has his legs and shows teams that he can complete passes down the field there will be a spot for him on an NFL roster. Young last played in a regular season game in 2011 while with the Eagles. He failed to make the Bills roster last season as he was cut just before the start of the season.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I think that is the answer!

Excellent job ... F revis the greedy b*statd! ... Bring in Vince and the Lombardi is ours!

Call every game the Rose Bowl and I'm in.