Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Thread: Prudent Idzik

  1. #1

    Prudent Idzik

    Prudent, patient, persistent.

    I like the way he's methodilically sp. Building our team. He's not interested in headlines, wants to build through the draft. Let's see what he does come 2 weeks from now. The model franchise repeadetedly draft well.

    At least he has a plan!

  2. #2
    He's just cap guy...

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    Prudent, patient, persistent.

    I like the way he's methodilically sp. Building our team. He's not interested in headlines, wants to build through the draft. Let's see what he does come 2 weeks from now. The model franchise repeadetedly draft well.

    At least he has a plan!
    amen


    done a great job so far


    unloaded a lot of cap eating dreck in Scott, Pace, Thomas, Smith, Pouha etc


    brought in a very nice stopgap quarterback card holder in Garrard who, if healthy, might turn out to be way more than a stopgap and might be our starter past 2013. Allows us to keep Sanchez on the bench or inactive where he can't pee away any more games. I don't think there is a single real Jet fan who still thinks Sanchez should be anywhere near the field in 2013


    did a nice job revamping the coaching staff... Fired Moron-o and let "Unnamed Sources" Pettine walk. Also got rid of Sutton who should have been fired when Herm Edwards was. Promoted Thurman and Kotwica and brought in, at least on paper, our first capable Offensive Coordinator since Charlie Weis


    didn't pee away any 2013 draft picks holding to his stated belief that they are precious assets not to be peed away on PR splashes or given to the HC, ST coordinator or anybody else like Easter jelly beans

    Got everyone in the building to STFU and stay STFU'd


    Only open agenda items before the draft are getting the Revis trade finalized adding some more high picks to the inventory of "precious assets" on board and fumigating the Jets of Teblow and, even more important, fumigating Jets Insider of his adoring acolytes and disciples....

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    amen


    done a great job so far


    unloaded a lot of cap eating dreck in Scott, Pace, Thomas, Smith, Pouha etc


    brought in a very nice stopgap quarterback card holder in Garrard who, if healthy, might turn out to be way more than a stopgap and might be our starter past 2013. Allows us to keep Sanchez on the bench or inactive where he can't pee away any more games. I don't think there is a single real Jet fan who still thinks Sanchez should be anywhere near the field in 2013


    did a nice job revamping the coaching staff... Fired Moron-o and let "Unnamed Sources" Pettine walk. Also got rid of Sutton who should have been fired when Herm Edwards was. Promoted Thurman and Kotwica and brought in, at least on paper, our first capable Offensive Coordinator since Charlie Weis


    didn't pee away any 2013 draft picks holding to his stated belief that they are precious assets not to be peed away on PR splashes or given to the HC, ST coordinator or anybody else like Easter jelly beans

    Got everyone in the building to STFU and stay STFU'd


    Only open agenda items before the draft are getting the Revis trade finalized adding some more high picks to the inventory of "precious assets" on board and fumigating the Jets of Teblow and, even more important, fumigating Jets Insider of his adoring acolytes and disciples....
    Idzik isn't the sexy blond you want to take to.prom he's the nerdy librarian! Lol

    Keep up the good work.& draft well

  5. #5
    People have to understand that the team isn't going to be markedly next season. In all probability, this team is going to draft a QB, and the defense is going to be solid, and we're going to be 2009 all over again.

  6. #6
    loved the goodson pick up
    draft will be the true barometer as well as what happens to revis

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    amen

    done a great job so far

    unloaded a lot of cap eating dreck in Scott, Pace, Thomas, Smith, Pouha etc

    brought in a very nice stopgap quarterback card holder in Garrard who, if healthy, might turn out to be way more than a stopgap and might be our starter past 2013. Allows us to keep Sanchez on the bench or inactive where he can't pee away any more games. I don't think there is a single real Jet fan who still thinks Sanchez should be anywhere near the field in 2013

    did a nice job revamping the coaching staff... Fired Moron-o and let "Unnamed Sources" Pettine walk. Also got rid of Sutton who should have been fired when Herm Edwards was. Promoted Thurman and Kotwica and brought in, at least on paper, our first capable Offensive Coordinator since Charlie Weis

    didn't pee away any 2013 draft picks holding to his stated belief that they are precious assets not to be peed away on PR splashes or given to the HC, ST coordinator or anybody else like Easter jelly beans

    Got everyone in the building to STFU and stay STFU'd

    Only open agenda items before the draft are getting the Revis trade finalized adding some more high picks to the inventory of "precious assets" on board and fumigating the Jets of Teblow and, even more important, fumigating Jets Insider of his adoring acolytes and disciples....
    C'mon...at least state some accurate info..

    The cap moves were basic salary cap mgmnt 101...

    Leberfeld has reported the "Got everyone in the building to STFU and stay STFU'd" came from Woody after the season and woody reinforced it during the combine.

    "got rid of Sutton"...Sutton got a promo to DC in KC

    "Promoted Thurman and Kotwica...."..that's a Rex decision. Coaches are Rex's decisions..

    On if the new general manager will have the final say on all personnel decisions…
    JOHNSON: Yes, that’s the way we’ve done it, but it’s always been a collaborative process. Yes, (Coach) Rex (Ryan) picks coaches and the general manager picks players in the draft.

    http://thejetsblog.com/nyjets/transc...rex-ryan-1813/


    Again, I like Idzik, but again it's the "new guy can do nothing wrong"...Let's all stop anointing him as great after 90 days on the job.

  8. #8
    What he has done so far makes sense, but his ultimate goal is to get us a franchise QB in place with a good team around him and until he does that there's no way he can be considered an outright success. Most of the cap cuts were no-brainers and he has been careful not to spend. Realistically, he has not brought in a good player yet so let's not annoint him this early. Draft is huge for him.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    7,818
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    amen

    did a nice job revamping the coaching staff... Fired Moron-o and let "Unnamed Sources" Pettine walk. Also got rid of Sutton who should have been fired when Herm Edwards was. Promoted Thurman and Kotwica and brought in, at least on paper, our first capable Offensive Coordinator since Charlie Weis
    Idzik revamped the coaching staff? The GM did that? Before he was even hired? Damn, he's good.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Forked River, NJ
    Posts
    4,721
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Again, I like Idzik, but again it's the "new guy can do nothing wrong"...Let's all stop anointing him as great after 90 days on the job.
    We'll have at least some idea of how Idzik thinks after we see what positions and players he drafts. In the meantime, while anointing him as king is premature, hope springs eternal.

    We just want to like to like him for a little while before we start hating him.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,436
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I like Idzik, but again it's the "new guy can do nothing wrong"...Let's all stop anointing him as great after 90 days on the job.
    Agree with what you wrote ... but as we're not going to "win" the off-season this year, we need to "win" the off-season GM upgrade competition. Otherwise the trophy cabinet will be empty!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    amen


    done a great job so far


    unloaded a lot of cap eating dreck in Scott, Pace, Thomas, Smith, Pouha etc


    brought in a very nice stopgap quarterback card holder in Garrard who, if healthy, might turn out to be way more than a stopgap and might be our starter past 2013. Allows us to keep Sanchez on the bench or inactive where he can't pee away any more games. I don't think there is a single real Jet fan who still thinks Sanchez should be anywhere near the field in 2013


    did a nice job revamping the coaching staff... Fired Moron-o and let "Unnamed Sources" Pettine walk. Also got rid of Sutton who should have been fired when Herm Edwards was. Promoted Thurman and Kotwica and brought in, at least on paper, our first capable Offensive Coordinator since Charlie Weis


    didn't pee away any 2013 draft picks holding to his stated belief that they are precious assets not to be peed away on PR splashes or given to the HC, ST coordinator or anybody else like Easter jelly beans

    Got everyone in the building to STFU and stay STFU'd


    Only open agenda items before the draft are getting the Revis trade finalized adding some more high picks to the inventory of "precious assets" on board and fumigating the Jets of Teblow and, even more important, fumigating Jets Insider of his adoring acolytes and disciples....
    i love the signings he has made all great value players like a devito type that should help you win but are not stars. the cuts were nothing more than following the tanny plan. revis may be on the owner and what he wants to do. Lets not over value the draft pics if you get over 60% hits on them your a star. i think trading up for revis was awesome harris too and greene was a hit as he helped get us some playoff wins even sanchez i got to go to the afc championship game in pittsburgh. 40 years of jets fan 28 years of season tickets. i can count on my fingers the playoff games i went to and includes the 2 in pittsburgh was close to indy the year before but couldnt swing it. so thanks for that window of winning. hope we get back to that this year

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    Prudent, patient, persistent.

    I like the way he's methodilically sp. Building our team. He's not interested in headlines, wants to build through the draft. Let's see what he does come 2 weeks from now. The model franchise repeadetedly draft well.

    At least he has a plan!
    While there is hope, there's no way we can tell his plan. He's barely been on the job a d has had no choice but to sign low priced free agents. We don't know if wants to build through the drafts or even how he drafts.

    All we know now is he's signed a few bottom of the barrel free agents to fill out the roster and that's it.

    You may very well be right and I hope you are but let's at least get through a draft.

  14. #14
    I agree with everything that Idzik has done except for Garrard. He has not played in the league for 2 years now, is constantly hurt and just doesnt throw the ball enough when healthy to move an effective offense.

    This is the 3rd year in a row that Sanchez does not have viable competition for his spot which is concerning.

    Other than that, I am on board with all of the moves. Now I am hoping he drafts the right guys to turn this franchise around.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,151
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    I agree with everything that Idzik has done except for Garrard. He has not played in the league for 2 years now, is constantly hurt and just doesnt throw the ball enough when healthy to move an effective offense.

    This is the 3rd year in a row that Sanchez does not have viable competition for his spot which is concerning.

    Other than that, I am on board with all of the moves. Now I am hoping he drafts the right guys to turn this franchise around.
    Disagree with you re Garrard

    According to all reports, he is 100 percent healthy now

    Last training camp, as seen on Hard Knocks, Philbin and the GM evaluated Tannehill, Moore and Garrard in practice and anointed Garrard the starter. Then he got injured

    If he is healthy he is, by far, better than Turnover, Teblow, McElroy and Simms going into this training camp

    I would have rather the Jets signed Moore but Garrard could very well be the able stopgap (or more) the Jets need for this year or more to keep TM on the bench where he can't lose game after game after game for the Jets

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Disagree with you re Garrard

    According to all reports, he is 100 percent healthy now

    Last training camp, as seen on Hard Knocks, Philbin and the GM evaluated Tannehill, Moore and Garrard in practice and anointed Garrard the starter. Then he got injured

    If he is healthy he is, by far, better than Turnover, Teblow, McElroy and Simms going into this training camp

    I would have rather the Jets signed Moore but Garrard could very well be the able stopgap (or more) the Jets need for this year or more to keep TM on the bench where he can't lose game after game after game for the Jets
    You're the leader of the doom and gloom brigade and you post this? lol j/k Well I hope you are right but he is frail and hasnt had a good season in a while. Is he better than Sanchez right now? Maybe but I would of rather gone with guys like Moore, Kolb, Foles, and Flynn. At least you get decet upside with those guys and a stop gap for 2 years so we develop out QB that we draft next year.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,718
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    People have to understand that the team isn't going to be markedly next season. In all probability, this team is going to draft a QB, and the defense is going to be solid, and we're going to be 2009 all over again.
    Improvement can come this season! Improved QB play and a much better passrush and this team could surprise. Of course some fans have given up hope but ya' never know until they play the game(s).

  18. #18
    Idzik has my attention, he will have a legendary status with me if he gets a 1st 3rd and 6th for Revis, then trades down and acquires an extra 2nd.

    This will give us 2 picks in each of the first 3 rounds, or 6 picks inside the top 96 depending on how you look at it.

    If he makes them picks count, ill start blowin smoke.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Improvement can come this season! Improved QB play and a much better passrush and this team could surprise. Of course some fans have given up hope but ya' never know until they play the game(s).
    Agreed. Sanchez will be better this coming season.

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Agreed. Sanchez will be better this coming season.
    Good one. That joke was funny.

    Idzik gets an A+ so far. But he has really only done the things that we obviously needed to do. His 1st big test will be the draft in a few weeks. I fully expect him to trade revis and bring in Warmack at 9 and austin at 13.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us