Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prudent Idzik

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    You're the leader of the doom and gloom brigade and you post this? lol j/k Well I hope you are right but he is frail and hasnt had a good season in a while. Is he better than Sanchez right now? Maybe but I would of rather gone with guys like Moore, Kolb, Foles, and Flynn. At least you get decet upside with those guys and a stop gap for 2 years so we develop out QB that we draft next year.
    He was being sarcastic about the D&G thing. He's not one of the SOJF trolls. You have some catching up to do. If healthy Gerrard is better than those other guys, but less upside, and cheaper. Perfect if he can last the season. odds are good he won't get hurt three years in a row. It's not like they were the same injury.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    Prudent, patient, persistent.

I like the way he's methodilically sp. Building our team. He's not interested in headlines, wants to build through the draft. Let's see what he does come 2 weeks from now. The model franchise repeadetedly draft well.

At least he has a plan!
    So far....so good. He hasn't done anything huge yet but his lack of action seems smart.

Would be nice to have a strong GM for the next 10 years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    You're the leader of the doom and gloom brigade and you post this? lol j/k Well I hope you are right but he is frail and hasnt had a good season in a while. Is he better than Sanchez right now? Maybe but I would of rather gone with guys like Moore, Kolb, Foles, and Flynn. At least you get decet upside with those guys and a stop gap for 2 years so we develop out QB that we draft next year.
    LMAO. You clearly have the wrong guy. sg3 is as big a homer as we have. heck, he was blowing Sanchez right up to the butt fumble game. At that point he still gave him hand jobs.

Lately..he has seen the light.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    C'mon...at least state some accurate info..

The cap moves were basic salary cap mgmnt 101...

Leberfeld has reported the "Got everyone in the building to STFU and stay STFU'd" came from Woody after the season and woody reinforced it during the combine.

"got rid of Sutton"...Sutton got a promo to DC in KC

"Promoted Thurman and Kotwica...."..that's a Rex decision. Coaches are Rex's decisions..

On if the new general manager will have the final say on all personnel decisions…
    JOHNSON: Yes, that’s the way we’ve done it, but it’s always been a collaborative process. Yes, (Coach) Rex (Ryan) picks coaches and the general manager picks players in the draft.

http://thejetsblog.com/nyjets/transc...rex-ryan-1813/

Again, I like Idzik, but again it's the "new guy can do nothing wrong"...Let's all stop anointing him as great after 90 days on the job.
    +1

the sheep have all gathered together and are bah-ing in unison. Just as they did when Herm replaced Groh ("finally someone who can relate to the players and isn't just a robot"), when Mangini replaced Herm ("finally someone who knows more about football than barbecues"), when Tannenbaum replaced Bradway ("finally someone who knows how to work the cap and handle a contract"), when Rex replaced Mangini ("finally someone who has some personality and can inspire players"). It's flavor of the month, and as with most trends, it's circular.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    While there is hope, there's no way we can tell his plan. He's barely been on the job a d has had no choice but to sign low priced free agents. We don't know if wants to build through the drafts or even how he drafts.

All we know now is he's signed a few bottom of the barrel free agents to fill out the roster and that's it.

You may very well be right and I hope you are but let's at least get through a draft.
    I hope I'm right. His plan is to have competition , build thru the draft & not over pay.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffneycatch View Post
    +1

the sheep have all gathered together and are bah-ing in unison. Just as they did when Herm replaced Groh ("finally someone who can relate to the players and isn't just a robot"), when Mangini replaced Herm ("finally someone who knows more about football than barbecues"), when Tannenbaum replaced Bradway ("finally someone who knows how to work the cap and handle a contract"), when Rex replaced Mangini ("finally someone who has some personality and can inspire players"). It's flavor of the month, and as with most trends, it's circular.
    Yeah well those coaches all had potential, and had relative success in their areas of expertise. Tanny traded for Tebow. Gave a big contract to Wayne Hunter, and gave Sanchez a contract guarantee for no apparent reason. There's no way we're looking back, and wishing we had Trader Mike back.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    LMAO. You clearly have the wrong guy. sg3 is as big a homer as we have. heck, he was blowing Sanchez right up to the butt fumble game. At that point he still gave him hand jobs.

still busting balls, I see

don't you have some extensions to knock out before Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    People have to understand that the team isn't going to be markedly next season. In all probability, this team is going to draft a QB, and the defense is going to be solid, and we're going to be 2009 all over again.
    Sing me up for an AFCCG!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Improvement can come this season! Improved QB play and a much better passrush and this team could surprise. Of course some fans have given up hope but ya' never know until they play the game(s).
    I agree!!! I will never wish for losses!!

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    He was being sarcastic about the D&G thing. .
    No kidding. I was joking with him.

Garrard simply is not a good option. I wouldn't be shocked if Sanchez beats him out in camp.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    What he has done so far makes sense, but his ultimate goal is to get us a franchise QB in place with a good team around him and until he does that there's no way he can be considered an outright success. Most of the cap cuts were no-brainers and he has been careful not to spend. Realistically, he has not brought in a good player yet so let's not annoint him this early. Draft is huge for him.
    ...and that's done by getting one of the top 3 picks....which will bring in a new head coach...brilliant... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DPKf7y1F-Q
    Tannumdouche's really bad contracts have tied Idzies hands for now.

I think he is doing a fine job thus far ... Nothing amazing yet ... The Revis trade will further define his skillet ...

.... If he drafts Geno 'overrated' Smith ... I will puke my guts out ...

JennaLaineBucs ‏@JennaLaineBucs
    Perhaps the most interesting part about the Keyshawn trade and mega-salary - Jets GM John Idzik, then with the Bucs, helped negotiate it.

The Bucs made Johnson the highest paid WR in the league with an 8-year, $56-million deal. Two years later, Tampa Bay won the Super Bowl.

13 years ago yesterday, the Bucs traded two first-round draft picks to the New York Jets for Keyshawn Johnson.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Good one. That joke was funny.
    Thanks.

but I wasn't joking... I'm looking forward to seeing Mark play in MM's Offense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    JennaLaineBucs ‏@JennaLaineBucs
    Perhaps the most interesting part about the Keyshawn trade and mega-salary - Jets GM John Idzik, then with the Bucs, helped negotiate it.

The Bucs made Johnson the highest paid WR in the league with an 8-year, $56-million deal. Two years later, Tampa Bay won the Super Bowl.13 years ago yesterday, the Bucs traded two first-round draft picks to the New York Jets for Keyshawn Johnson.
    That had little to do with KJ and more to do with Gruden as the HC and knowing the Raiders play book.. Johnson had more TD's as a Jet then a Buc and had just 2 1,000 + seasons there..

Until he gets me a QB, I can't get behind anything he does that much. That's what it boils down to for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Until he gets me a QB, I can't get behind anything he does that much. That's what it boils down to for me.
    Good point!

Idzik.may come accross as boring & certainly isn't flashy but Rex more than makes up for it. Whoever put the muzzle on rex boasting about Super Bowls it was good. He needs to stop talking & produce!