Thread: Jetster Mock Draft 2013

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Jetster Mock Draft 2013

Finally, I'll put it down & let my fellow Jet fans rip it apart- Rounds 1-5

This draft includes the Revis trade for Bucs 1-3-6

9- Star Lotulelei- SHOCKER! Star falls from the sky & the Jets are happy to pluck him. Star can play DE or NT, very versatile in Rex scheme, rotation with Ellis and teamed with Big Mo & Coples, with Barnes/Sapp on 3rd downs, headache for opposing OLines

13- Tyler Eifert- Too good to pass up, instantly upgrades the wide receiver positions by stretching the LB, & Safeties of the opposing defense. Great high point catcher, gives the Jets QB (?) an outlet & a redzone monster.

39- Larry Warford- Forget this guard in the 1st round nonsense, Larry steps in with Colon & instantly upgrades the Oline & keeps Vlad on the bench where he belongs.

72- Cory Lemonier- Another surprise that lands in the Jets laps, teams with Barnes, Sapp, replaces Thomas.

73- FIXED- Giovanni Bernard- Rounds out the RBs.

106- Ryan Swope- Jets get their own Wes Welker clone for the WCO

141- TJ McDonald- Jets need another safety & TJ fits the bill.

OK- Slam away!
    Last edited by jetster; 04-12-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not bad, wouldn't be suprised if Star fell would like a RB somewhere in there

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't be crushed it we took Star. I am still not sure about Eiffert. Is he really that good and that much of a difference maker?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    Not bad, wouldn't be suprised if Star fell would like a RB somewhere in there
    Oops, thanks for noticing, forgot my 2nd third round pick!

Forgot 3rd round
    #73- Giovanni Bernard- Rounds out the RBs & makes McKnight trade bait to a team looking for a return man.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I wouldn't be crushed it we took Star. I am still not sure about Eiffert. Is he really that good and that much of a difference maker?
    If we can get Holmes back on the field healthy, his speed along with Hill & Kerleys quicks in the slot will make it very difficult for opposing secondaries to deal with Eifert in the seam & sitting in zones in front of the LBs.
    Hoping Eifert can be a Dave Casper type of TE, a quiet killer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I think the TE is revolutionizing the game again. I mean think about a guy that is close to 6'-6" that can high point a ball. If the QB gets in sync with him, how do you stop it?
    Look at Brady/Gronk/Hernandez
    Brees/Graham
    Romo/Witten
    Kaper/Davis

* With defenders unable to grab ahold & hang like they used to do, these TEs are just too fast for LBs, too big for safeties & tower over CBs.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    i wouldnt be against drafting two te's...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I could get on board with this

I'm not sure Swope falls that far though after the combine.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post

9- Star Lotulelei- SHOCKER! Star falls from the sky & the Jets are happy to pluck him. Star can play DE or NT, very versatile in Rex scheme, rotation with Ellis and teamed with Big Mo & Coples, with Barnes/Sapp on 3rd downs, headache for opposing OLines

13- Tyler Eifert- Too good to pass up, instantly upgrades the wide receiver positions by stretching the LB, & Safeties of the opposing defense. Great high point catcher, gives the Jets QB (?) an outlet & a redzone monster.

39- Larry Warford- Forget this guard in the 1st round nonsense, Larry steps in with Colon & instantly upgrades the Oline & keeps Vlad on the bench where he belongs.

72- Cory Lemonier- Another surprise that lands in the Jets laps, teams with Barnes, Sapp, replaces Thomas.

OK- Slam away!
    Love the Eifert at 13 pick, but we are drafting a QB somewhere in this draft so you need to chang something and I don't think all these great players, 3 of them I believe you said, are going to fall from the sky into the Jets' lap.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

OK- Slam away!
    So we once again field an all defense no offense team? Losing proposition in my view. The Jets need to draft offense offense and more offense. Let Ryan be the "best coordinator" in the NFL on defensive side, and give some tools to Morningwheg.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetinHuntersville View Post
    Love the Eifert at 13 pick, but we are drafting a QB somewhere in this draft so you need to chang something and I don't think all these great players, 3 of them I believe you said, are going to fall from the sky into the Jets' lap.
    I love the eifert pick as well but think you csn trade back 10 spots and still get him while adding another late 2 early 3

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we can get Holmes back on the field healthy, his speed along with Hill & Kerleys quicks in the slot will make it very difficult for opposing secondaries to deal with Eifert in the seam & sitting in zones in front of the LBs.
    Hoping Eifert can be a Dave Casper type of TE, a quiet killer.
    can't complain about the recievers.but what do we do about the q.b. situation?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want star bad....and eifert is going to be a stud.

this haul would be perfect...jester for gm!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

106- Zac Dysert QB Miami of Ohio
    Jets trade 4th round pick obtained from Tampa Bay for Chris Ivory

OK- Slam away!
    Reworked mock with change in what Bucs want to give up for Revis.
    Now it's a 1-4-6
    See above changes