Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 301 to 315 of 315

Thread: Bucs 'May' Want Sanchez with Revis

  1. #301
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    SAR is like one of those battered women who defend the douchebag that beats them.
    Since the 2010 postseason, Rex Ryan has screwed everything up. Why is it so hard to think that he screwed up his 22 year old quarterback as well?

    Since the 2010 postseason, can you name a single big-win this team has had? A single epic comeback? A single defensive smackdown? A single bonafide star player he drafted? A single great coaching prospect he has groomed? A single big-stop to seal a victory? Nope.

    Since the 2010 postseason, can you name all the huge losses this team has suffered through? All the huge halftime deficits? All the long drives surrendered? All the draft busts? All the failed coordinators? All the locker room distention? All the leads blown because the defense couldn't stop a single fourth quarter drive? Oh yes.

    If we had a great team suffering under a lousy QB I'd agree with you. In fact, we saw that in 2009 under our rookie QB for a stretch. What we've got here is a team that sucks in all three phases of the game, areas in which Mark Sanchez does not play. The D sucks. The ST's brutal. The running game awful. Not a stretch at all to say that Mark sucks because of Rex Ryan's lack of coaching and focus on offense.

    SAR I

  2. #302
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Since the 2010 postseason, Rex Ryan has screwed everything up. Why is it so hard to think that he screwed up his 22 year old quarterback as well?

    Since the 2010 postseason, can you name a single big-win this team has had? A single epic comeback? A single defensive smackdown? A single bonafide star player he drafted? A single great coaching prospect he has groomed? A single big-stop to seal a victory? Nope.

    Since the 2010 postseason, can you name all the huge losses this team has suffered through? All the huge halftime deficits? All the long drives surrendered? All the draft busts? All the failed coordinators? All the locker room distention? All the leads blown because the defense couldn't stop a single fourth quarter drive? Oh yes.

    If we had a great team suffering under a lousy QB I'd agree with you. In fact, we saw that in 2009 under our rookie QB for a stretch. What we've got here is a team that sucks in all three phases of the game, areas in which Mark Sanchez does not play. The D sucks. The ST's brutal. The running game awful. Not a stretch at all to say that Mark sucks because of Rex Ryan's lack of coaching and focus on offense.

    SAR I
    you're not wrong here. but i think they're largely independent. sanchez's fumbling is his own doing. sanchez underthrowing open wrs is his own doing. sanchez missing targets 10 yards and in is his own doing. he was doing this his first two years and did it his next two.

  3. #303
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Rex Ryan is a 50 year old man with a head coach as a father, been on the sidelines since the 1960's. He is never going to change, said so himself dozens of times.

    Mark Sanchez was a 22 year old kid thrown into the starting job, never given the chance to learn or get mentored. He's very young, about the age that most NFL quarterbacks get their first starting job, plenty of room to grow.

    Read that a few times so I don't need to explain it again.

    SAR I
    Lol and you say your not on the Sanchez bandwagon.. Sure sounds like a Sanchez apologist to me.. The 30% thing is interesting but you were "guaranteeing" midseason Sanchez would turn it around last year.. It's funny you feel Rex should have taught the game to football to mark as if he was a pee wee.. Because that is where they teach you ball security is the number 1. Teach him not to stare down or point to the guy you want to throw it to.. Maybe put glue on his hands so he doesnt drop the ball all the time? Rex tried the adolescent color code wrist bands with marky, it did work a little bit..

  4. #304
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    If Rex had even 'average' QB play from the Buttfumble, that record would look much different.
    If Rex had the "we'll take two of yours" defense he promised us and the "all weather ground and pound" offense he promised us, that record would look much different.

    The Buddy Ryan Rex Ryan NFL strategy doesn't work, and he didn't build upon what he inherited to even sustain a shot at it. If you want to point fingers on last years 6-10 record, look no further than the "this is the greatest group of talent" that left Cortland last year on defense and rushing. The team was built to win games that way. We didn't build it to support Air Sanchez, forced to throw 40x a game because the D sucked and the RB sucked.

    Mark Sanchez sucks. The D and the RB suck more. Blame them, leads right to Rex Ryan, doesn't it? Can't have that can we. So blame Mark Sanchez because its the clean and simple way to convince yourselves that there's an easy fix just like its always been since 1997. Not so anymore. Can't just flip the QB and make the playoffs. Can't just flip the HC and make the playoffs. We are rotten to the core.

    SAR I

  5. #305
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Rex Ryan is a 50 year old man with a head coach as a father, been on the sidelines since the 1960's. He is never going to change, said so himself dozens of times.

    Mark Sanchez was a 22 year old kid thrown into the starting job, never given the chance to learn or get mentored. He's very young, about the age that most NFL quarterbacks get their first starting job, plenty of room to grow.

    Read that a few times so I don't need to explain it again.

    SAR I
    What have you explained? I'm not arguing whether or not Sanchez is a viable qb (I happen to agree w/ you that he has been mishandled, and still has potential), Rex Ryan has been a HEAD coach, not a "football man" or a defensive coordinator, for 4 years. I don't know why you're being such a baby about this. They've been "thrust in the fire" for the same amount of time. Like you said before, the head coach controls everything, therefore while he was an assistant he never had the opportunity to make these decisions. So you're either wrong about the fact that head coaches control everything or you're wrong to not give Rex the same learning curve as Sanchez.
    Last edited by bjetsb; 04-16-2013 at 02:16 PM.

  6. #306
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,686
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bjetsb View Post
    What have you explained? I'm not arguing whether or not Sanchez is a viable qb (I happen to agree w/ you that he has been mishandled, and still has potential), Rex Ryan has been a HEAD coach, not a "football man" or a defensive coordinator, for 4 years. I don't know why you're being such a baby about this. They've been "thrust in the fire" for the same amount of time. Like you said before, the head coach controls everything, therefore while he was an assistant he never had the opportunity to make these decisions. So you're either wrong about the fact that head coaches control everything or you're wrong to not give Rex the same learning curve as Sanchez.
    In Suckchez' first two years he had all the tools SAR said he needs in order to be a winner. Well what did he win? Except for a game or two, how well did he play?

    I happen to believe he could have been handled a bit differently too. He should NOT have been given the job when he first came to the Jets! WRECKS babied him and gave him EVERY opportunity to succeed. When he sucked he still played! Most HCs would NOT have done that!

    If Suckchez sat behind Favre for a year or two we might have won the Super Bowl and Sucky might have learned how to be a QB by now.
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 04-16-2013 at 02:24 PM.

  7. #307
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Since the 2010 postseason, Rex Ryan has screwed everything up. Why is it so hard to think that he screwed up his 22 year old quarterback as well?

    Since the 2010 postseason, can you name a single big-win this team has had? A single epic comeback? A single defensive smackdown? A single bonafide star player he drafted? A single great coaching prospect he has groomed? A single big-stop to seal a victory? Nope.

    Since the 2010 postseason, can you name all the huge losses this team has suffered through? All the huge halftime deficits? All the long drives surrendered? All the draft busts? All the failed coordinators? All the locker room distention? All the leads blown because the defense couldn't stop a single fourth quarter drive? Oh yes.

    If we had a great team suffering under a lousy QB I'd agree with you. In fact, we saw that in 2009 under our rookie QB for a stretch. What we've got here is a team that sucks in all three phases of the game, areas in which Mark Sanchez does not play. The D sucks. The ST's brutal. The running game awful. Not a stretch at all to say that Mark sucks because of Rex Ryan's lack of coaching and focus on offense.

    SAR I
    Again, what does the defense or the supporting cast on offense have to do with Sanchez underthrowing and overthrowing wide open receivers?

    What does a subpar supporting cast have to do with Sanchez flatout not seeing open receivers and instead, chucking the ball into double and even triple coverage?

    What does a subpar supporting cast have to do with Sanchez playing like a timid puss and running around the pocket like a chicken with its head cut off as soon as the least bit of pressure is applied?

    The kid looks totally f*cking clueless out there and his demeanor on the field is embarrassing. The constant head hanging and pouting when things don't go his way. The sad, helpless puppy dog look that he expresses everytime he turns the ball over. It's like he concedes defeat as soon as he's faced with the smallest bit of adversity.

    The majority of young QB's would kill for the setup that Sanchez was given during his first 2 years. A Top 5 running game, the most dominant OL in the league, and a Top 3 defense.

    It isn't feasible to keep all of those things in tact for an extended period of time in a salary cap era. Sooner or later your "franchise" QB needs to step up and play like the player you drafted him to be. And when the Jets asked Sanchez to do more than just be along for the ride, he fell flat on his face.

    Don't even give me the goofy argument about how "the Jets didn't draft him to be that kind of QB".

    Bullsh*t

    You don't trade up into the Top 5 of the draft for a QB in the hopes that he's the next Trent Dilfer. You take a QB that high to be the face of your franchise for the next decade in addition to being the focal point of your offense.

    If all the Jets wanted was a gamemanager at the position, then they could've saved the expense of draft picks and a $60 million dollar contract by just signing someone like Kyle Orton or Jason Campbell for peanuts.

  8. #308
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    sanchez's fumbling is his own doing. sanchez underthrowing open wrs is his own doing. sanchez missing targets 10 yards and in is his own doing. he was doing this his first two years and did it his next two.
    True, and those things are often related to the game being fast for an inexperienced QB, a QB with inadequate pass protection, a QB with no running game, a QB learning a new system, a QB working with new and/or inadequate receivers, etc

    Unfortunately, 2 or 3 or more of those have been a fact for us every year during his career, and will continue to be for the foreseeable future, so we've got to find someone that can work within that. It became clear this year that Sanchez can't.

  9. #309
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Again, what does the defense or the supporting cast on offense have to do with Sanchez underthrowing and overthrowing wide open receivers?

    What does a subpar supporting cast have to do with Sanchez flatout not seeing open receivers and instead, chucking the ball into double and even triple coverage?

    What does a subpar supporting cast have to do with Sanchez playing like a timid puss and running around the pocket like a chicken with its head cut off as soon as the least bit of pressure is applied?

    The kid looks totally f*cking clueless out there and his demeanor on the field is embarrassing. The constant head hanging and pouting when things don't go his way. The sad, helpless puppy dog look that he expresses everytime he turns the ball over. It's like he concedes defeat as soon as he's faced with the smallest bit of adversity.

    The majority of young QB's would kill for the setup that Sanchez was given during his first 2 years. A Top 5 running game, the most dominant OL in the league, and a Top 3 defense.

    It isn't feasible to keep all of those things in tact for an extended period of time in a salary cap era. Sooner or later your "franchise" QB needs to step up and play like the player you drafted him to be. And when the Jets asked Sanchez to do more than just be along for the ride, he fell flat on his face.

    Don't even give me the goofy argument about how "the Jets didn't draft him to be that kind of QB".

    Bullsh*t

    You don't trade up into the Top 5 of the draft for a QB in the hopes that he's the next Trent Dilfer. You take a QB that high to be the face of your franchise for the next decade in addition to being the focal point of your offense.

    If all the Jets wanted was a gamemanager at the position, then they could've saved the expense of draft picks and a $60 million dollar contract by just signing someone like Kyle Orton or Jason Campbell for peanuts.



  10. #310
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Sanchez sucks.
    I agree.

  11. #311
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thankfully Rex Ryan is the Jets HC and hopefully will remain so for a long time because he is a very good HC

    Thankfully Mark Sanchez will be on the bench or inactive for 2013 behind Garrard (and maybe McElroy or a draft pick)and released before 2014 because he is a very crappy starting QB

    ALL Jet fans understand these basic facts

  12. #312
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,793
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    If Rex had the "we'll take two of yours" defense he promised us and the "all weather ground and pound" offense he promised us, that record would look much different.
    Rex has fielded a top 6 defense every year he's been here.

    Mark Sanchez has been a bottom six QB every year he's been here.

    The Buddy Ryan Rex Ryan NFL strategy doesn't work, and he didn't build upon what he inherited to even sustain a shot at it. If you want to point fingers on last years 6-10 record, look no further than the "this is the greatest group of talent" that left Cortland last year on defense and rushing. The team was built to win games that way. We didn't build it to support Air Sanchez, forced to throw 40x a game because the D sucked and the RB sucked.
    you would've made a wonderful Pennintologist.



    Mark Sanchez sucks.
    Yes.
    The D and the RB suck more.
    No.

    Blame them, leads right to Rex Ryan, doesn't it?
    umm... no.

    We are rotten to the core.

    SAR I
    You got a mouse in your pocket?

  13. #313
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Again, what does the defense or the supporting cast on offense have to do with Sanchez underthrowing and overthrowing wide open receivers?

    What does a subpar supporting cast have to do with Sanchez flatout not seeing open receivers and instead, chucking the ball into double and even triple coverage?

    What does a subpar supporting cast have to do with Sanchez playing like a timid puss and running around the pocket like a chicken with its head cut off as soon as the least bit of pressure is applied?

    The kid looks totally f*cking clueless out there and his demeanor on the field is embarrassing. The constant head hanging and pouting when things don't go his way. The sad, helpless puppy dog look that he expresses everytime he turns the ball over. It's like he concedes defeat as soon as he's faced with the smallest bit of adversity.

    The majority of young QB's would kill for the setup that Sanchez was given during his first 2 years. A Top 5 running game, the most dominant OL in the league, and a Top 3 defense.

    It isn't feasible to keep all of those things in tact for an extended period of time in a salary cap era. Sooner or later your "franchise" QB needs to step up and play like the player you drafted him to be. And when the Jets asked Sanchez to do more than just be along for the ride, he fell flat on his face.

    Don't even give me the goofy argument about how "the Jets didn't draft him to be that kind of QB".

    Bullsh*t

    You don't trade up into the Top 5 of the draft for a QB in the hopes that he's the next Trent Dilfer. You take a QB that high to be the face of your franchise for the next decade in addition to being the focal point of your offense.

    If all the Jets wanted was a gamemanager at the position, then they could've saved the expense of draft picks and a $60 million dollar contract by just signing someone like Kyle Orton or Jason Campbell for peanuts.
    Although I feel that the Jets have contributed to the demise of Mark Sanchez by mismanaging his growth in the years that he's been here, everything you say is also true. He was set up in 2011 to be a passing QB. He failed for the most part. Like you said, he wasn't drafted to be a 10 year game manager. The Jets could have gotten a veteran QB to do that.

    You're 100% right about his demeanor and his head hanging. It's like a spoiled kid. Granted, he's in NY, the toughest town to deal with the media, but he still says all the right things, and constantly looks defeated.

    Mismanaging him by not giving him the right WR, having Holmes as a malcontent, etc., there are no excuses for overthrowing WRs, or throwing an interception to a defensive lineman. How many of those have we seen?

    Once again, not everything is 100% his fault, but a strong QB would overcome and play better. He seems to turn to falter in the face of adversity in the last 2 years, unlike his first 2.

  14. #314
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Once again, not everything is 100% his fault, but a strong QB would overcome and play better. He seems to turn to falter in the face of adversity in the last 2 years, unlike his first 2.
    and that's what so many ex-jets have implied as they walked out the door. sanchez had a great veteran presence his first 2 yrs that he leaned on and then when it disappeared he was lost. i think it's a main reason why they kept schotty in 2011, they knew sanchez needed the continuity somewhere as veteran offensive talent was shifting and the team's talent base was weakening.

  15. #315
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    and that's what so many ex-jets have implied as they walked out the door. sanchez had a great veteran presence his first 2 yrs that he leaned on and then when it disappeared he was lost. i think it's a main reason why they kept schotty in 2011, they knew sanchez needed the continuity somewhere as veteran offensive talent was shifting and the team's talent base was weakening.
    I agree with the continuity, but ultimately Mark made too many mistakes that are directly attributed to Mark Sanchez. The blame spiders out from there, but it begins and ends with him.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us