Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 315

Thread: Bucs 'May' Want Sanchez with Revis

  1. #101
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    To be fair, after his 2nd year Sanchez appeared to be on the upward trend in terms of progressing. After they took away Braylon, and the offense started to deteriorate (in 2011), Sanchez' play started to decline significantly, and most of that is in between his ears. He has not had the support that other QBs have had. He's had a different set of starting WRs every single year he's been in the league.

    I'm not saying he's Joe Montana, but he could probably be more successful than he has been in the right situation. I'd argue that Brady wouldn't be as effective if he was the NY Jets' QB, especially in 2012.
    If Tom Brady was drafted by the Jets, he would've only played in the preseason, never started a football game, and if did, would've been tarred-and-feathered-and-demanded-to-be-released by the NY media and Jets fans after one bad game, would've probably gotten hurt, DEFINITELY never won a Super Bowl and probably would be out of the league a few years ago. And not impregnating/married to hot supermodels probably being a gay escort.

    Let us ask Namath where that witch was that he made the deal with so that we may burn it.

  2. #102

  3. #103
    I think ya'll are going to be very surprised at Sanchez's turnaround this year... There, I said it. Fire away.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8LL8FHwqDTs

  4. #104
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Listen, those of us who aren't complete retards know that your Sanchez apologist stuff is nothing more than schtick.

    But please quit ruining the discussion at hand by baiting the goofs.
    It isn't schtick.

    I believe Mark Sanchez is a good NFL quarterback who was completely misused and abandoned by his GM and HC.

    I believe Mark Sanchez has a 30% chance of regaining decency, 70% chance that he's done. But because finding an NFL franchise quarterback is so damn hard, you give him that chance, you see if he's got anything left.

    Sadly, it's now his 3rd offensive coordinator and 3rd offense in the last 3 years. Even if he had the goods to show, not looking very promising.

    All I know is: There wasn't a single thread on Jets Insider in August 2011 about concern about the quarterback position. Not one. We'd had back to back playoff years, back to back Championship Games, had just pounded Payton Manning and Tom Brady into the dirt, had just come off a run where we won 16 of 20 games. Not a single thread about Mark Might Suck while we were in the midst of Asomania and booking flights for the Super Bowl.

    Mark went South when this team didn't get him any weapons for the '11 and '12 seasons, when Wayne Hunter got him killed, when Edwards was booted, when Tomlinson got old, when Plaxico was a desperation move, when Keller couldn't stay healthy. And the '13 season was the worst attempt at an NFL offense the league has ever seen, it was that bad. Where other NFL teams would take a guy like Mark Sanchez after those first two years and build around him, the Jets took everything away. And did it because they are run by a defensive coordinator run amok, doesn't know or care about offense.

    There is no schtick. Only truth. Listen to Boomer Esiason every morning. Learn something.

    SAR I

  5. #105
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,840
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It isn't schtick.

    I believe Mark Sanchez is a good NFL quarterback who was completely misused and abandoned by his GM and HC.

    I believe Mark Sanchez has a 30% chance of regaining decency, 70% chance that he's done. But because finding an NFL franchise quarterback is so damn hard, you give him that chance, you see if he's got anything left.

    Sadly, it's now his 3rd offensive coordinator and 3rd offense in the last 3 years. Even if he had the goods to show, not looking very promising.

    All I know is: There wasn't a single thread on Jets Insider in August 2011 about concern about the quarterback position. Not one. We'd had back to back playoff years, back to back Championship Games, had just pounded Payton Manning and Tom Brady into the dirt, had just come off a run where we won 16 of 20 games. Not a single thread about Mark Might Suck while we were in the midst of Asomania and booking flights for the Super Bowl.

    Mark went South when this team didn't get him any weapons for the '11 and '12 seasons, when Wayne Hunter got him killed, when Edwards was booted, when Tomlinson got old, when Plaxico was a desperation move, when Keller couldn't stay healthy. And the '13 season was the worst attempt at an NFL offense the league has ever seen, it was that bad. Where other NFL teams would take a guy like Mark Sanchez after those first two years and build around him, the Jets took everything away. And did it because they are run by a defensive coordinator run amok, doesn't know or care about offense.

    There is no schtick. Only truth. Listen to Boomer Esiason every morning. Learn something.

    SAR I
    Yes, it's total schtick.

    How the hell anyone could bash a respectable QB like Pennington at every turn yet make every excuse in the book for Sanchez is...well...yeah, it has to be schtick.

    Why defend Sanchez?

    Because he had some early postseason success with a superb team around him?


    Hmmmm...

    Spoken like a true Mets fan.

  6. #106
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,566
    I have serious doubts about that but I'll be honest when I say it has crossed my mind.....if he has weapons which he will compared to last year and he picks jeff garcias brain and turns it around then it will be one time I am glad I am wrong. Alot of people are already assuming this is sanchez last season....I'll wait till the real bullets are flying before I make that judgement.



    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    I think ya'll are going to be very surprised at Sanchez's turnaround this year... There, I said it. Fire away.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8LL8FHwqDTs

  7. #107
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,566
    darn good post...I gotta agree with you.



    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It isn't schtick.

    I believe Mark Sanchez is a good NFL quarterback who was completely misused and abandoned by his GM and HC.

    I believe Mark Sanchez has a 30% chance of regaining decency, 70% chance that he's done. But because finding an NFL franchise quarterback is so damn hard, you give him that chance, you see if he's got anything left.

    Sadly, it's now his 3rd offensive coordinator and 3rd offense in the last 3 years. Even if he had the goods to show, not looking very promising.

    All I know is: There wasn't a single thread on Jets Insider in August 2011 about concern about the quarterback position. Not one. We'd had back to back playoff years, back to back Championship Games, had just pounded Payton Manning and Tom Brady into the dirt, had just come off a run where we won 16 of 20 games. Not a single thread about Mark Might Suck while we were in the midst of Asomania and booking flights for the Super Bowl.

    Mark went South when this team didn't get him any weapons for the '11 and '12 seasons, when Wayne Hunter got him killed, when Edwards was booted, when Tomlinson got old, when Plaxico was a desperation move, when Keller couldn't stay healthy. And the '13 season was the worst attempt at an NFL offense the league has ever seen, it was that bad. Where other NFL teams would take a guy like Mark Sanchez after those first two years and build around him, the Jets took everything away. And did it because they are run by a defensive coordinator run amok, doesn't know or care about offense.

    There is no schtick. Only truth. Listen to Boomer Esiason every morning. Learn something.

    SAR I

  8. #108
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,840
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    darn good post...I gotta agree with you.
    Chad Pennington with his right arm dangling by a thread >>>>> Mark Sanchez

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Yes, it's total schtick.

    How the hell anyone could bash a respectable QB like Pennington at every turn yet make every excuse in the book for Sanchez is...well...yeah, it has to be schtick.

    Why defend Sanchez?

    Because he had some early postseason success with a superb team around him?


    Hmmmm...

    Spoken like a true Mets fan.
    His point is: Where are your Sanchez sucks posts from 2010\11? And it's a damn good one.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Revis, Tiajuana Turnover Machine, Teblow

    for Freeman and the 13

    period


    geter done big john

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by dassin View Post
    Jeff Garcia
    lol

  12. #112
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,295
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    I think ya'll are going to be very surprised at Sanchez's turnaround this year... There, I said it. Fire away.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8LL8FHwqDTs
    I too am on record saying that if the Jets give him a chance Sanchez will turn it around!!!

    Even some of his sane but vocal detractors acknowledge that he can turn it around but they just honestly believe his ceiling isnt that high even if he plays well, so they want another QB in here no matter what.

    Again for the record I think that those detractors are wrong!!!!

  13. #113
    This HAS to be a late April Fool's joke. Why would they be interested in a QB that sulks when faced with adversity, is easily distracted by inferior competition for his position, has poor body language, and had THE LOWEST QBR IN THE LEAGUE last year ?

    ... Please let this be true * infinity

    ... Oh yah .... And butt fumbles.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 04-13-2013 at 07:53 AM.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    His point is: Where are your Sanchez sucks posts from 2010\11? And it's a damn good one.
    I think there were plenty of posts saying Sanchez didn't do much and for the Jets to take the next step Sanchez would need to do more - Schotty was going to have to open up the offense and put more pressure on Sanchez. In year three there would be no more hand holding. When they asked Sanchez to carry the team he failed miserably.

  15. #115
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,116
    I think Sanchez had the ability to be a 10-20 range of top qb's as his ceiling ... He certainly has done a lot last year to hurt himself ... Our FO made a bunch of mistakes with him too ... He (if he gets the nod over Garrard) is going from one of the worst OC's ever to a respectable OC ... That certainly would improve his performance from 2012 ... The problem is the doubt and shell shocked decision making he will have trouble recovering from ... I would like to hear (or have it happen behind closed doors) that a sports psychiatrist is working 5 days a week with him ... His best chance of going from a nervous/bad qb would be outside of the pressure cooker of ny ... But regardless of where he is ... Someone needs to effectively do a lot of work between his ears at this point

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

    Mark went South when this team didn't get him any weapons for the '11 and '12 seasons, when Wayne Hunter got him killed, when Edwards was booted, when Tomlinson got old, when Plaxico was a desperation move, when Keller couldn't stay healthy. And the '13 season was the worst attempt at an NFL offense the league has ever seen, it was that bad. Where other NFL teams would take a guy like Mark Sanchez after those first two years and build around him, the Jets took everything away. And did it because they are run by a defensive coordinator run amok, doesn't know or care about offense.

    There is no schtick. Only truth. Listen to Boomer Esiason every morning. Learn something.

    SAR I
    You forgot to add Derrick Mason. Yes Jets fans... we were going to open up the offense and see what Mark can do with Plax, Mason, and Holmes!

  17. #117
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Yes, it's total schtick.

    How the hell anyone could bash a respectable QB like Pennington at every turn yet make every excuse in the book for Sanchez is...well...yeah, it has to be schtick.

    Why defend Sanchez?

    Because he had some early postseason success with a superb team around him?

    Hmmmm...

    Spoken like a true Mets fan.
    Chad Pennington curled up like a little wimpy doll in the postseason. Mark Sanchez flourished in the postseason, flourished in big games, played his best in fourth-quarter high-pressure comeback situations, killed it in the playoffs on the road in the toughest buildings in the AFC.

    There was nothing superb about the Jets 2010 defense. Mark Sanchez is the only thing that kept that 11-5 from going 7-9. And in the postseason, it can easily be argued that Mark Sanchez was the best Jet on the field in both AFC Championship games in which everyone else played small. You don't get rid of a guy like that when it's clear that he has the wrong head coach, the wrong coordinator, and no weapons.

    He sucks right now, but he might still be great someday. That makes him better than half the quarterbacks in the league who will never have a chance to do anything in the postseason because they don't have the skillset that Mark has shown come playoff time.

    SAR I

  18. #118
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,295
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    I think Sanchez had the ability to be a 10-20 range of top qb's as his ceiling ... He certainly has done a lot last year to hurt himself ... Our FO made a bunch of mistakes with him too ... He (if he gets the nod over Garrard) is going from one of the worst OC's ever to a respectable OC ... That certainly would improve his performance from 2012 ... The problem is the doubt and shell shocked decision making he will have trouble recovering from ... I would like to hear (or have it happen behind closed doors) that a sports psychiatrist is working 5 days a week with him ... His best chance of going from a nervous/bad qb would be outside of the pressure cooker of ny ... But regardless of where he is ... Someone needs to effectively do a lot of work between his ears at this point
    This is an Excellent Post!!

    As you allude to the question isnt whether or not Sanchez could have been a QB in the 10-20 range; he obviously can because he has the skill sets to at least be that good. The question becomes is Sanchez so mentally wonded that he cant come back in New York.

    And to the folks out here who say that if Sanchez is so weak that he needs a sports psychiatrist to get better "who needs him?"

    Well then Sanchez will just join the hundreds of other "weak" minded performers like Tiger Woods, Tom Brady and a host of other high performing atheltes who use those type and similar types of services everyday....
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 04-13-2013 at 08:50 AM.

  19. #119
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,295
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    You forgot to add Derrick Mason. Yes Jets fans... we were going to open up the offense and see what Mark can do with Plax, Mason, and Holmes!
    Thank you.. Very sound observations!!!

    Only the insane, some posters on JI and former Jets FO management could be believe that it was sound strategy to place more responsiblity on a young developing QB while at the same time dramatically reducing the skill players around him like those you mention and then somehow honestly expecting fantastic results....

  20. #120
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    7,724
    Quote Originally Posted by dassin View Post
    Jeff Garcia
    I.E.= No one, at least not anyone not on Mark's payroll

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us