Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leon Washington

Practice Squad

Leon Washington

I can't believe the pats got him, haven't seen it on board they made some nice pickups as usual another division for them. When is it going to end

All League
    It hurts for sure, but just the millionth example of a better team, owner, GM, scouts, and coach. Hate them, despise them, but wish we could run a franchise like them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Who cares?

He's a 30 year old kick returner

Nothing more, nothing less

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Who cares?

He's a 30 year old kick returner

Nothing more, nothing less
    Maybe, but there is a chance that he will also contribute to the offense a la Kevin Faulk at age 30. We shall see.

Cool

LOL seriously? The Pattycakes are winning the division again because they picked up Leon Washington? Please excuse me while I laugh. They have had recent success because they have a HOF QB, a near HOF DT and a good coach...but mostly because of the QB. It's not because they pick up a couple JAGS every off season who end up doing jack squat for them. The Jets don't have a Tom Brady, so it's harder for them to have sustained success. If Leon was so great, Seattle wouldn't have let him go.

Can we stop worrying about them? Let's worry about our team and whether they can make the next step.

Leon Washington will be used like Kevin Faulk was on 3rd downs. Who knows about a kick returner at this point, but his role won't be like he could have been used 3 or 4 years ago.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    LOL seriously? The Pattycakes are winning the division again because they picked up Leon Washington? Please excuse me while I laugh. They have had recent success because they have a HOF QB, a near HOF DT and a good coach...but mostly because of the QB. It's not because they pick up a couple JAGS every off season who end up doing jack squat for them. The Jets don't have a Tom Brady, so it's harder for them to have sustained success. If Leon was so great, Seattle wouldn't have let him go.

Can we stop worrying about them? Let's worry about our team and whether they can make the next step.
    They haven't won a SB since they let their HOF DE walk for nothing. Brilliant move that one. Maybe this one will put them, back over the top.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Pats are brilliant at getting guys in space. Leon in space = trouble. I could easily see a few Kevin Faulk type years. He still has speed.

Jets Insider VIP
    they've never won a single superbowl without cheating

and their aged old queer QB has about two years left before he hangs up his panties and heads off to his magnificent bathhouse in Cali

time to not give the Shats any more attention

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    they've never won a single superbowl without cheating

and their aged old queer QB has about two years left before he hangs up his panties and heads off to his magnificent bathhouse in Cali

time to not give the Shats any more attention
    They get enough coverage every year in the playoffs, while us Jets doofers sit around loafing for articles to peruse for amusement.

Hall Of Fame
    Some here keep poo-pooing the moves that franchise makes and yet they continue to win the division year in and year out.

Some people said essentially the same thing when they picked up Woodhead and before that when they picked up Welker.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Some here keep poo-pooing the moves that franchise makes and yet they continue to win the division year in and year out.

Some people said essentially the same thing when they picked up Woodhead and before that when they picked up Welker.
    You're right about Woodhead and Welker but every good move they make is because Tom Brady makes it good.

Without him they're the Jets with a worse defense.

Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    You're right about Woodhead and Welker but every good move they make is because Tom Brady makes it good.

Don't sell yourself short. There can only be ONE Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post

The Pats have one of the most advanced offensive systems in the league. You can plug an average QB in there like Ponder, Bradford, etc. with all of their weapons and get 9 wins out of that team. You couldn't say that about the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    They haven't won a SB since they let their HOF DE walk for nothing. Brilliant move that one. Maybe this one will put them, back over the top.
    huh? what? Do you mean a hall of fame DE on the wrong side of 30 who is currently an unsigned free agent. Nevermind, they also got their LT for the next 10 year in the deal.

Perhaps they should have just re-signed every major free agent at "market value". Jets really nailed the concept of market value on guys like Sanchez, Holmes, and David Harris. Wait, are we talking about brilliance or one of the most inept organizations in professional sports?
    Last edited by scottyM; 04-12-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Leon Washington>Danny Woodhead

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Leon Washington>Danny Woodhead
    I don't believe that (at this point, anyway). In their primes, yes, Leon is better, but I still believe DW is better right now.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I don't believe that (at this point, anyway). In their primes, yes, Leon is better, but I still believe DW is better right now.
    Agreed. But the emergence of Ridley and Vareen made Danny expendable in the backfield. The addition of Leon for returns alone simply turns a weakness into a strength and adds a skillset DW doesn't possess. Great move.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Agreed. But the emergence of Ridley and Vareen made Danny expendable in the backfield. The addition of Leon for returns alone simply turns a weakness into a strength and adds a skillset DW doesn't possess. Great move.
    Totally.

Hey, something just hit me....I bet ALL the Bastin peeps are really hooting it up over in the Pats forum about the signing.

Maybe you should....you know.....check it out. Unify. Be one.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I think if you put Leon in Danny Woodheads role Leon offers more because he is more of a threat to break it to the house. Woodhead was decent but he wasn't a home run threat. Leon is.