Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 59 of 59

Thread: Leon Washington

  1. #41
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    45,037
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Actually, they haven't won a SB since they passed on Justin Tuck in the 2005 draft; aka, Big Midget. Facts are facts.
    Tuck was a 3rd rd pick are you saying they should have used a 2 on him?? Because to take him in the 3rd they would have had to move up wouldn't they??

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Tuck was a 3rd rd pick are you saying they should have used a 2 on him?? Because to take him in the 3rd they would have had to move up wouldn't they??
    They had the last pick in Round 2. They traded it to Baltimore for what turned into Ellis Hobbs and a couple of other picks. Baltimore used the pick on the mediocre Adam Terry. Tuck was a high third, IIRC. In hindsight, the Pats would have been much better off if they had just stayed put and taken Tuck.

  3. #43
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    45,037
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    They had the last pick in Round 2. They traded it to Baltimore for what turned into Ellis Hobbs and a couple of other picks. Baltimore used the pick on the mediocre Adam Terry. Tuck was a high third, IIRC. In hindsight, the Pats would have been much better off if they had just stayed put and taken Tuck.
    I see said the blind man to his deaf daughter..

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Some here keep poo-pooing the moves that franchise makes and yet they continue to win the division year in and year out.

    Some people said essentially the same thing when they picked up Woodhead and before that when they picked up Welker.
    They win because they have a hall of fame QB - no other reason. bringing in a 30 year old kick returner who has lost a step is not a genius move.

    What did Woodhead do?

    I can't believe how much ass kissing there is about this team...

  5. #45

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    They win because they have a hall of fame QB - no other reason. bringing in a 30 year old kick returner who has lost a step is not a genius move.

    What did Woodhead do?

    I can't believe how much ass kissing there is about this team...
    10000%.

    I swear, it's like freakin' battered wife syndrome. Who cares about Cheating Bill and his band of scrubs? We gotta worry about our team and what The Jets have to do to be successful. They get back to where they were in 2010 and it won't matter who they play.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    They win because they have a hall of fame QB - no other reason. bringing in a 30 year old kick returner who has lost a step is not a genius move.

    What did Woodhead do?

    I can't believe how much ass kissing there is about this team...
    + infinity. Belicheat's record without Tammy is very revealing. He's no genius. The defensive guru cannot field a decent squad in how many years while Tammy was in his prime? Even a blind squirrel gets an acorn or two. For Belicheat and NE it was draft luck getting Brady in the 6th. Add the cheating to NE's resume and their is nothing special about them. Nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    10000%.

    I swear, it's like freakin' battered wife syndrome. Who cares about Cheating Bill and his band of scrubs? We gotta worry about our team and what The Jets have to do to be successful. They get back to where they were in 2010 and it won't matter who they play.
    well said. Once Tammy is gone, so too will be these f*king pricks (NE trolls) from this site.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    + infinity. Belicheat's record without Tammy is very revealing. He's no genius. The defensive guru cannot field a decent squad in how many years while Tammy was in his prime? Even a blind squirrel gets an acorn or two. For Belicheat and NE it was draft luck getting Brady in the 6th. Add the cheating to NE's resume and their is nothing special about them. Nothing.



    well said. Once Tammy is gone, so too will be these f*king pricks (NE trolls) from this site.
    You kiss your mother with that potty mouth?

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    You kiss your mother with that potty mouth?
    Better not go there again (mother). Now, gfy, prick....
    Last edited by jetssjumets; 04-13-2013 at 09:47 PM.

  9. #49
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, Tn via Atkins, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,414
    Leon will have a game where hes the best player on the field this coming year. I just hope its nope against us.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    Leon will have a game where hes the best player on the field this coming year. I just hope its nope against us.
    I expect BB to put Leon in a position to succeed, but truthfully, he was signed to improved a rather mediocre return game. Anything else he provides to the offense is pure gravy but I do think he'll surprise the naysayers.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    + infinity. Belicheat's record without Tammy is very revealing. He's no genius. The defensive guru cannot field a decent squad in how many years while Tammy was in his prime? Even a blind squirrel gets an acorn or two. For Belicheat and NE it was draft luck getting Brady in the 6th. Add the cheating to NE's resume and their is nothing special about them. Nothing.



    well said. Once Tammy is gone, so too will be these f*king pricks (NE trolls) from this site.

    Well how do you figure, I been posting here (the old board) before Brady was the qb

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    + infinity. Belicheat's record without Tammy is very revealing. He's no genius. The defensive guru cannot field a decent squad in how many years while Tammy was in his prime? Even a blind squirrel gets an acorn or two. For Belicheat and NE it was draft luck getting Brady in the 6th. Add the cheating to NE's resume and their is nothing special about them. Nothing.



    well said. Once Tammy is gone, so too will be these f*king pricks (NE trolls) from this site.
    Aside from the horrible grammatical error from this lawyer, what teams are "special?"

    Having a HoF QB is pretty special, but I guess you assume they didn't develop him, provide him with weapons, and develop an offensive system catered to his strengths. Brady is just a wind-up toy Belichick fell flat on his face to find and BB goes into every Monday morning team meeting with the same speech: "Brady - go do your thing, I'll be fishing on the boat until then... see ya Sunday"

  13. #53
    I'm sure Rex and Sanchez have these kinds of discussions:

    [youtube]SoWWL9H3ZKQ[/youtube]

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    + infinity. Belicheat's record without Tammy is very revealing. He's no genius. The defensive guru cannot field a decent squad in how many years while Tammy was in his prime? Even a blind squirrel gets an acorn or two. For Belicheat and NE it was draft luck getting Brady in the 6th. Add the cheating to NE's resume and their is nothing special about them. Nothing.



    well said. Once Tammy is gone, so too will be these f*king pricks (NE trolls) from this site.
    Someone needs to tune into the '95 Cleveland Browns special on NFL Network. Sadly, as far as your argument goes, BB was, and is, one of the most highly regarded people in the NFL by his peers. Drafting Brady where they did was lucky, sure, but you sound like a buffoon (+ infinity)

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyM View Post
    Someone needs to tune into the '95 Cleveland Browns special on NFL Network. Sadly, as far as your argument goes, BB was, and is, one of the most highly regarded people in the NFL by his peers. Drafting Brady where they did was lucky, sure, but you sound like a buffoon (+ infinity)
    I still don't understand why SJU continues to root or care for a team in a league he contends is so viciously corrupt, especially in favor in one of his team's biggest rivals. If he truly questioned the legitimacy of the league administration and believed in favoritism, he should be the first to stop caring about the Jets or the NFL in general and find a new sport, because it is so corrupt. And yet, here he is, caring yet again. He's one of the posters who takes greater joy in a Pats loss than a Jets win.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 04-14-2013 at 03:13 AM.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicajoe View Post
    Washington had ( and still has) the most elusiveness, the most " wiggle" of any Jet since Freeman McNeil (probably more). Not much wear on the tires, not that old, he will eat us up (and much of the league) next year if he gets his touches, Will be REALLY looking forward to sticking it to the Jets, who threw him on the trash heap, The new Woodhead? HA! Woodhead never had a third of Leon's talent! Additionally, one of the many class acts we let go and have never recovered from....Freakin' Tanny and Tex blew it..
    The Jets board that I used to visit consisted of many Jets fans who were upset with the loss of Washington. I used to worry about him on kickoffs when he played against us, and he should be an upgrade over McCourty, who is less of a home run threat on KRs. If he adds anything else that would be icing on the cake.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Actually, they haven't won a SB since they were caught cheating; aka, Spygate. Facts are facts.
    They've done pretty good, especially considering they lost Brady for an entire season since then.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    They win because they have a hall of fame QB - no other reason. bringing in a 30 year old kick returner who has lost a step is not a genius move.

    What did Woodhead do?

    I can't believe how much ass kissing there is about this team...
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    10000%.

    I swear, it's like freakin' battered wife syndrome. Who cares about Cheating Bill and his band of scrubs? We gotta worry about our team and what The Jets have to do to be successful. They get back to where they were in 2010 and it won't matter who they play.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    + infinity. Belicheat's record without Tammy is very revealing. He's no genius. The defensive guru cannot field a decent squad in how many years while Tammy was in his prime? Even a blind squirrel gets an acorn or two. For Belicheat and NE it was draft luck getting Brady in the 6th. Add the cheating to NE's resume and their is nothing special about them. Nothing.



    well said. Once Tammy is gone, so too will be these f*king pricks (NE trolls) from this site.

    I would think that you guys would care a lot about the Pats because we're in the same division as the Jets. Unfortunately, with this idiotic 4 team setup, there are only three teams that the Jets have to beat to guarantee a playoff spot, no matter what their record is. One of those teams is the Pats.

  19. #59
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    I would think that you guys would care a lot about the Pats because we're in the same division as the Jets. Unfortunately, with this idiotic 4 team setup, there are only three teams that the Jets have to beat to guarantee a playoff spot, no matter what their record is. One of those teams is the Pats.
    6-10 would guarantee a play-off spot??

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us