Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Meet our newest JI writer and her story on SU's Ryan Nassib

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Welcome Ashley! Great job Sooth...er Ashley!

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Let me know when she's ready to do my feature.

I'm good in May but have some travel in June.

SAR I
    Tool

I'm good in May but have some travel in June.

SAR I
    fluff articles are no way to build a reporting career. You should offer your bio to the Connecticut School of Broadcasting. They'll give you some attention.

Welcome Ashley, Great Job!

This guy seems a little OCD to me and we already have one QB with some issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    Welcome Ashley, Great Job!

This guy seems a little OCD to me and we already have one QB with some issues.
    Yeah.... the overly superstitious stuff really sounded an alarm bell for me. Some might view that as a sign of a lack of confidence. We don't need a head case.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Yeah.... the overly superstitious stuff really sounded an alarm bell for me. Some might view that as a sign of a lack of confidence. We don't need a head case.
    Ya a little concerning

Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    Ya a little concerning
    From this year's draft, the QB's I want are Manuel or Scott. I really like Manuel. He is elusive and calm in the pocket. He's the anti-Glennon. Glennon will be a train wreck in the pocket when faced by a pass rush. Give me Manuel in round 2 or Scott later.

Wait. JI.com has staff writers? What are they paid in Dunkin Donuts gift cards?

Welcome, Ashley, I guess. If your intent is to garner some experience via an internship, I could offer one in a few weeks at BorgoWorld, LLC in Osaka. Just make sure you have a valid passport, travel visa, and an amply array of fetching outfits and swimwear. The weekly staff cookouts/bacchanals are a hoot.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Wait. JI.com has staff writers? What are they paid in Dunkin Donuts gift cards?

Welcome, Ashley, I guess. If your intent is to garner some experience via an internship, I could offer one in a few weeks at BorgoWorld, LLC in Osaka. Just make sure you have a valid passport, travel visa, and an amply array of fetching outfits and swimwear. The weekly staff cookouts/bacchanals are a hoot.
    YOU SIR...missed your calling. An acute sense of humor with sexual overtone and a wide array of philosophical useless liberal arts knowledge. my bet is you still have your freshman Nortons Anthology of English literature by your bedside.

Gosh....an MC for any venue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    welcome to Ji Ashley. Best of luck in your career! Go Jets!
    Welcome Ashley.I think you'll realize very quickly how much more attractive, intelligent, and humorous Jet fans are. You'll be wearing that Jets jersey in no time.P.S were modest too!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    YOU SIR...missed your calling. An acute sense of humor with sexual overtone and a wide array of philosophical useless liberal arts knowledge. my bet is you still have your freshman Nortons Anthology of English literature by your bedside.

Gosh....an MC for any venue.
    That sure does bring back the memories.

Thanks for the kind words (platitudes, perhaps? ). I often think my attempts at humor go unrequited. Glad that at least some of this idiocy, which is written
    as a one-take/no edit exercise, is finding an audience.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    she's totally a Giants fan....

but welcome!
    If she is a Gnats fan, thats fine. Her work will be unbiassed and honest. Typically, when fans write about a team, they tend to be biassed rather than impartial.

I look forward to reading her work.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Freshly graduated from Syracuse's Newhouse Master's Program, Ashley Iaconetti will be joining us this season and will be JI's first female staff writer and on-air personality... doing radio and video features for us as well.

Here's a story she did a few months ago on Ryan Nassib. Please give her a warm JI welcome!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hQKPtZ7UDoo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    So Nassib will a future bean counter ,hopefully after the NFL.

BTW..... She sounds excellent. firm voice, articulate. bright future , good for her.

Excellent job.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    That sure does bring back the memories.

Thanks for the kind words (platitudes, perhaps? ). I often think my attempts at humor go unrequited. Glad that at least some of this idiocy, which is written
    as a one-take/no edit exercise, is finding an audience.
    They NEVER get by me. Actually I was waiting with bated breath for your input and was hoping for some college pix you somehow dug up.
    BTW, Congrats to the young lady on her new endeavor.

Jets Insider VIP

I'm good in May but have sometravel in June .

SAR I
    Thailand?

Quote Originally Posted by acepepe View Post
    They NEVER get by me. Actually I was waiting with bated breath for your input and was hoping for some college pix you somehow dug up.
    BTW, Congrats to the young lady on her new endeavor.
    I got very clearly that SOOTH was not going to accept any of those shenanigans in this thread.

Thanks, ace.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    Thailand?
    lol

All Pro
    And here this whole while I've been thinking his name is prounouced Na-seeb and he was Middle Eastern in origin. Doh.