Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Dream Scenario/Mock

My Dream Scenario/Mock

This Mock is predicated on us trading Revis for the 13th pick (I didnt include any other picks as we simply dont know) as well as SF trading up with us in teh first round in order to draft dontae jones (SF has 14 picks and probably no more then 8 roster spots so will be looking to move up IMO)

Per the Value chart, # 13 - 1150 pts would net us:

#31 - 600 #61 - 292 #74 - 220 #180 - 19

1st round 9 - Ansah: Paradis disagrees no need to rehash it, but I firmly believe he is a perfect OLB for Rex's scheme and is simply too talented to pass up.

1st round 31 - Ryan Nassib: People "hate" this QB class, but Nassib has a ton of good qualities, especially for the WCO.

2nd round 39 - Jonathon Cyprien: True Deep safety that can be plugged in Day 1. Exhibits speed and excellent leadership qualities for the position

2nd round 61 - Barret Jones: Versatile, smart "Football Player". Guy can back up all 3 positions on the line, and be a starting G for us day 1.

3rd round 72 - Vance MacDonald: Good all around TE, cab block and catch

3rd round 74 - Steadman Bailey: Excellent route runner who can take over for Holmes in 2014

4th round 106 - Brian Winters: We need to continue to shore up the Oline and winters presents excellent value and can be brought along slolwly at guard and also allow for a ton of flexibility if we suffer injuries.

5th round 141 - Ray Graham: Tough runner who can also catch (60+ career receptions). Had a full year to heal from ACL

6th round 178 - Josh Evans (S-fla): Good developmental safety, excellent cover skills

6th round 180- Travis Long (DE-OLB): developmental OLB prospect, played DE in college

7th round - Kapron Lewis Moore (DE - ND) - prototypical 3-4 DE who has been injured quite a bit in his career (ACL in Nat Champ game) could provide excellent depth on our Dline

After the 1st two picks I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    After the 1st two picks I like it.

I agree with you, don't like the first two picks especially Nassib.

The first 2 picks for me are like selecting Vernon Gholston and then Mark Sanchez...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    The first 2 picks for me are like selecting Vernon Gholston and then Mark Sanchez...
    NICE!!

although I think ansah is going to be pretty good....but not who I want.

one mans dream is another mans nightmare.

Replace Ansah with Jarvis Jones and Manuel with Nassib and I'll be very happy with this. I don't want to draft Nassib just because he might fit in with our system. I want to draft a Franchise QB who can potentially lead the Jets to a superbowl - I see that in Manuel.

All Pro
    I feel like at this stage of the game, I have to know who else was on the board. It's lazy not to mock the first 8 picks before the Jets.

Well i hate the first two picks, but that's old news. The rest is pretty solid though I feel like there's better value than Jones and Vance at those two spots. I'm falling out of love with McDonald.

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyWill View Post
    Replace Ansah with Jarvis Jones and Manuel with Nassib and I'll be very happy with this. I don't want to draft Nassib just because he might fit in with our system. I want to draft a Franchise QB who can potentially lead the Jets to a superbowl - I see that in Manuel.
    How exactly would Jones fit our scheme since he never played in a 3 point stance ever at georgia and OLBs in Rex's defense are asked to do that regularly?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    How exactly would Jones fit our scheme since he never played in a 3 point stance ever at georgia and OLBs in Rex's defense are asked to do that regularly?
    If you actually think that Ansah is a better fit than Jones (who's played standing up) for our defense, then this isn't just a difference in a opinion anymore... this is difference in understanding of physics.

Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    NICE!!

although I think ansah is going to be pretty good....but not who I want.

one mans dream is another mans nightmare.
    The jets absolutely need to nail their first pick.

I'm not huge fan of taking a guard, but it's probably the lowest risk pick they can make. Think from idzik's standpoint, you draft a pro-bowl guard with the first pick and now you just need to hit on 2 of the remaining picks to call it a solid draft.

Everyone points to the Brick/Mangold picks for how great that draft was... But no else from that draft is even on the Jets roster...

Also If you're going to take a chance on a Qb in rd. 2, shoot for the moon... Take Glennon, or take EJ Manuel... Take a guy who might bust, but has elite physical gifts (frame, arm, legs, something, etc.)...

My thoughts anyway...

Jets Insider VIP
    I honestly don't get how someone could be so against taking an OG in the Top 15 but is totally fine with spending two Top 75 picks on two inferior players at the position.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I honestly don't get how someone could be so against taking an OG in the Top 15 but is totally fine with spending two Top 75 picks on two inferior players at the position.
    Yeah how about Jeff Locke at 9 because he looks more pro ready then any QB,DE, or OLB in this class. Who cares about value at 9?

I want Mingo and cooper in the first, Ertz in the second

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Yeah how about Jeff Locke at 9 because he looks more pro ready then any QB,DE, or OLB in this class. Who cares about value at 9?
    Warmack IS value at #9 and is GREAT value at #13

Again, this whole "you don't draft a guard in the Top 10" crap is an outdated philosophy, especially in a weak ass draft class that is devoid of top end talent aside from the one area where value at the top is represented...OL.

You're telling me that Ansah, a guy who was widely viewed as an UDFA before last season and whose ability as a standup edgerusher is highly questionable, represents better value than a stud interior OL like Warmack/Cooper?

Sorry, I'm not buying that.

Again, this whole "you don't draft a guard in the Top 10" crap is an outdated philosophy, especially in a weak ass draft class that is devoid of top end talent aside from the one area where value at the top is represented...OL.

You're telling me that Ansah, a guy who was widely viewed as an UDFA before last season and whose ability as a standup edgerusher is highly questionable, represents better value than a stud interior OL like Warmack/Cooper?

How do you feel about mingo Untouchable.I know he's a risk, but he is so explosive.

Sorry but no a G is not 1st round value much less top 10. You dont need all 1st round talent to have a good OL. Look back at how the Colts built a OL around Manning or what Brady had in his SB runs. You dont need to take Gs early to make a good line. It is not a huge need so I do not see the value at all. Just because he is "pro ready" is NOT a reason to take him top ten. It would be worse then taking anther TE IMO. It is a bust pick even if he is good. OL in general take year to groom ready or not.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Sorry but no a G is not 1st round value much less top 10. You dont need all 1st round talent to have a good OL. Look back at how the Colts built a OL around Manning or what Brady had in his SB runs. You dont need to take Gs early to make a good line. It is not a huge need so I do not see the value at all. Just because he is "pro ready" is NOT a reason to take him top ten. It would be worse then taking anther TE IMO. It is a bust pick even if he is good. OL in general take year to groom ready or not.
    LOL

Yeah, I'm sure the Steelers were kicking themselves in the ass for drafting Faneca, the Seahawks with Hutchinson, etc.

And who the hell said you need a 1st round pick at every position on the OL?

This team is set to start Ducasse and Colon, who has missed close to 40 games over the past 3 years. If that doesn't alarm you, then I don't know what else to say.

You don't reach or take a lesser player just because you have this ignorant philosophy about not taking guards in the 1st round.

Taking Warmack or Cooper at #9 or #13 is a perfect case of value matching a pressing need.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    How do you feel about mingo Untouchable.I know he's a risk, but he is so explosive.
    Not a fan

Kid is built like a safety and shows next to no functional strength at all. Total finnesse rusher who can't shed a block to save his life.

Too much of an Aaron Maybin vibe for me.

Not a fan

Kid is built like a safety and shows next to no functional strength at all. Total finnesse rusher who can't shed a block to save his life.

Too much of an Aaron Maybin vibe for me.
    Ive heard he's added about 15lbs.He's also taller, with a much longer wingspan.My feeling is he his hands were in the dirt too much at LSU. Perhaps as a stand up OLB, he could really be disruptive.But your right,there is a risk.

LOL

Yeah, I'm sure the Steelers were kicking themselves in the ass for drafting Faneca, the Seahawks with Hutchinson, etc.

And who the hell said you need a 1st round pick at every position on the OL?

This team is set to start Ducasse and Colon, who has missed close to 40 games over the past 3 years. If that doesn't alarm you, then I don't know what else to say.

You don't reach or take a lesser player just because you have this ignorant philosophy about not taking guards in the 1st round.

Taking Warmack or Cooper at #9 or #13 is a perfect case of value matching a pressing need.
    No it doesnt alarm me at all. Caleb, Vald, Colon, Landolt, Howard dont concern me as Gs. This is the same discussion I had in 03 and 04 when people thought we couldn't go with Moore. It is an average cast most of which we have been grooming for years now. What makes you think they cant do the job? It is no worse then we had last year and our line wasnt bad last year. Moore had injury issues last year same as Colon this year and Slauson was no better then Vlad. RT I am much more worried about. Either way I am not for drafting a G or RT based on need that high. You can fill it later or in FA. No G is going to have a major impact on this team this year. It is simply a wasted pick that high. Low 1st OK I get it but top 16 should always be a player that will be an impact at some point. OL is important but picks like that help no one. Mankins may be the best G in the league right now but there where 5-6 other Gs that went 3rd or later that have had very good careers. This is a deep draft at G and if this team feels they need to groom anther G taking one at 9 is not a need sorry. If he was the ONLY game in town maybe just maybe but he isnt.