Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: End Mark Sanchez 'butt fumble' reign as SportsCenter: Worst of the Worst

On NFL Network last night, they were discussing the rumor of Sanchez being included in the possible trade with Revis, and Sanchez' background highlight was the buttfumble. They don't even bother to show a real highlight of his... it's just... buttfumble.

Hall Of Fame
    That play is the personification of "worst of the worst".

I have just accepted it for what it is. It has now become part of our lives. We will watch it for years and tell our kids and grand kids about it. That play exemplifies what it means to be a Jets fan. It is one of those things that you remember exactly where you were at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I have just accepted it for what it is. It has now become part of our lives. We will watch it for years and tell our kids and grand kids about it. That play exemplifies what it means to be a Jets fan. It is one of those things that you remember exactly where you were at the time.
    Well said and very true as demonstrated buy the recent replay of the 1994 Dolphins vs Jets Spike Game - "butt fumble" is HOF material and will reign until Sanchez wins the Super Bowl with the Jets

along with the Heidi Game, draft highlights, Browns playoff game, Doug Brien missed field goals, etc...

Time to update the list:
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/news.php?storyid=43

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Far be it from me to defend Mark Sanchez, but I personally believe Leon Lett's blunder in the Miami Dolphins game back in 1993 was the biggest d*ckhead move I've ever seen.
    Holmes throwing the ball up after getting hurt was the biggest d*ckhead move i've ever seen.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    Holmes throwing the ball up after getting hurt was the biggest d*ckhead move i've ever seen.
    Yeah thats what that was.

If one is clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    It shouldn't be though. In both cases, Sanchez and Holmes commited epic blunders in games that were already well out of the Jets reach. They didn't have a prayer in hell of winning either game.

Leon Lett's blunder actually DECIDED the game in the Dolphins favor. That's what makes it far worse. Throw in the stupidity of it on top of that and you have clearly the biggest d*ckhead move I've ever seen.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

For boneheaded plays go to youtube and click on any of the football follies video's the Butt fumble is nothing..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJK3XC9KS4s

Jets Insider VIP
    who was the moron head coach that replaced Kosar with buttfumble Philcox in that first Browns highlight?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    who was the moron head coach that replaced Kosar with buttfumble Philcox in that first Browns highlight?
    BB really has aged hasn't he??

All League
    I voted to keep it on there

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    Well said and very true as demonstrated buy the recent replay of the 1994 Dolphins vs Jets Spike Game - "butt fumble" is HOF material and will reign until Sanchez wins the Super Bowl with the Jets

along with the Heidi Game, draft highlights, Browns playoff game, Doug Brien missed field goals, etc...

Time to update the list:
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/news.php?storyid=43
    I agree. I think Doug Brien and ButtFumble have to be added to the list.

It wouldn't of been THAT bad if New England didn't completely embarrass us even without the butt fumble. The fact that they were murdering us before the butt fumble, then the Edelmen fumble recovery for a TD right after just makes it even worse.

If you don't think it was the worst of the worst you must not remember.
    Was worst Thanksgiving ever and the worst day of my life as a Jets fan, honestly. When the butt fumble occurred my forehead literally hit the coffee table in disbelief.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRJwEYip7t8

Here's a video to remind you of the full horror of that day

Losing 45-3 wasn't nearly as bad as this.

Sanchez needs to go to Tampa and take Rex with him.

Jets Insider VIP
    The buttfumble is now a motivational tool.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    The buttfumble is now a motivational tool.
    For Depends??

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    For Depends??
    I said motivational tool , not commercial.

Big deal. They still play the Joe Pisarcik fumble against the Eagles. That was what - 35 years ago and LOST the game.
    Sanchez looked like a fool and deserves the abuse.