Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revis cleared to run without restrictions after MRI comes back clean

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Revis cleared to run without restrictions after MRI comes back clean

Darrelle Revis cleared to run without restrictions after MRI comes back clean
    The Jets' star cornerback, who could soon be an ex-Jet as trade talks surrounding Revis and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers persist, arrives as the Hospital for Special Surgery wearing a Bulls cap and said, 'I'm all good,' as he entered the Manhattan hospital.

Darrelle Revis is back in New York — for now — and his knee is good to go.

The Jets star cornerback, who could be traded to the Buccaneers any day now, was cleared to run without restrictions by his doctor Monday after an MRI on his surgically repaired left knee came back clean, a source told the Daily News.

Revis arrived for the MRI at the Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan at 9:25 a.m. Monday wearing a Chicago Bulls baseball cap.

The cornerback said, "I'm all good," before heading into an elevator to for his appointment with Dr. Russell Warren, the Giants’ team doctor, who surgically repaired Revis' left knee on October 16 after the Pro Bowl defensive back tore his ACL on Sept. 23 against the Dolphins.

Asked how the MRI went on their way out of the hospital, Revis' agent Jonathan Feinsod said, "good."

Even before Revis had arrived at the hospital, the Jets' offseason workout program was beginning some 35 miles away in Florham Park, N.J. Revis is expected to head to the Jets' team facility later Monday to join up with the team that he likely won't be playing with during the upcoming season.

Revis would prefer not to be in New York or New Jersey at the moment. The injured superstar had hoped to remain in Arizona, rehabbing at the Fischer Sports in Phoenix where he spent much of the offseason, instead of being under the same roof as GM John Idzik, who is trying to trade him.

But in this circumstance, Revis' contract — and the Jets — held him hostage. The cornerback would forfeit a $1 million roster bonus, a $1 million workout bonus and a $1 million bonus for reporting to training camp should he not complete 80% of the team's offseason workouts. The Jets have held firm on this issue, forcing Revis to come back to the Atlantic Health despite his injury situation and a potential trade.

Revis appears to be making strides in his rehab; last week on NFL Network, he was seen running on a treadmill.
    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2QaLNSJ50

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear.one step closer to a trade.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am hoping that this is why things have been stalling. The bucs simply wanted to see if his MRI is clean. 1st, 3rd and 5th coming our way.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    ... and the Jets — held him hostage.
    Such a gross distortion of the facts by the Daily News ... how about ...

"The Jets organization asked Darelle Revis to honor the off season committment of his four year 32 million dollar contract."

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    The Jets held him hostage?

What a disgraceful and unprofessional act of journalism.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like they made him wear a Bulls hat, and a Dope sweat shirt too. Still with that ugly homeless man lookin beard, and people wonder why he has no brand.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    makes sense and the Jets did them a favor by showing that more than likely they will not be getting damaged goods...may also increase the Jets compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    I am hoping that this is why things have been stalling. The bucs simply wanted to see if his MRI is clean. 1st, 3rd and 5th coming our way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The good news.

1. Mehta's sources are now a) unnamed and b) feinslob, the sleazy ambulance chaser which means all his former bigmouths aren't talking to him or in buffalo.

2. Hopefully Revis, Feinslob, Schwartz and Uncle Sean will ALL be on a plane to western Florida in a week or so

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This could get done fast now. Very good news.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Idzik should demand even more, a 1st and a 2nd to really make the Bucs' sweat - if he can't get those 2 picks then perhaps settle for the 1,3rd, and 4th picks

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    This could get done fast now. Very good news.
    If this is not done by I'd say next Tuesday evening, it isnt happening. No draft day trade here. This is not an easy trade for either side, so things better get rolling soon

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    If this is not done by I'd say next Tuesday evening, it isnt happening. No draft day trade here. This is not an easy trade for either side, so things better get rolling soon
    I think all parties would prefer for it to happen before draft day but I wouldn't rule out a draft day trade. I think Idzik has prepared himself for multiple scenarios as have the Bucs. I think the Bucs want to get it done and Idzik is taking his time. This clean MRI only helps our cause.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about this?

If the Jets gave Revis a contract offering 12 million per year with TEAM incentives that could get him up to 16 million per year, would you go for that? Things like, if the defense ranks number 1 in the league, then you'll get a 1 million bonus. If the team makes the playoffs, you'll get a 1 million dollar bonus? If the team wins the SB, you'll get a 2 million dollar bonus and so on?

These are just for instances, but you get the point. So long as these incentives were hinged to TEAM success, would you be happy with that?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    What about this?

If the Jets gave Revis a contract offering 12 million per year with TEAM incentives that could get him up to 16 million per year, would you go for that? Things like, if the defense ranks number 1 in the league, then you'll get a 1 million bonus. If the team makes the playoffs, you'll get a 1 million dollar bonus? If the team wins the SB, you'll get a 2 million dollar bonus and so on?

These are just for instances, but you get the point. So long as these incentives were hinged to TEAM success, would you be happy with that?
    That's what many STILL don't understand. I would be happy with that. But it's MEVIS who will always be the malcontent.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about this?

That is wishful thinking, not to mention way too much money. And I am not sure if there is even a precedent for a contract like that for a player. Not even sure if that would be approved by the NFLPA. And I would pretty much bet that Revis and his camp would never agree to something like that so it is basically moot.

Right now the Jets have gotten the best news regarding Revis in the past 6 months. I wouldn't let him do a single drill or workout this week for fear of him getting even a blister. The clean MRI is a major chip for Idzik. My guess is that Tampa sweetens the pot a little and Idzik pulls the trigger. After the reports of that Tampa is willing to give up Idzik can't afford not to do the deal. Could you imagine the backlash if he gets hurt again this year playing for the Jets?

Revis is a great player. Nobody wants to trade a great player but sometimes it is necessary. Idzik has no allegiance or ties to Revis. He did not draft him, he wasn't the one who allegedly made promises to Revis. Idzik will make the best of a sh*tty situation. If he picks good players with those picks and the team improves nobody is going to be crying about trading Revis.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is wishful thinking, not to mention way too much money. And I am not sure if there is even a precedent for a contract like that for a player. Not even sure if that would be approved by the NFLPA. And I would pretty much bet that Revis and his camp would never agree to something like that so it is basically moot.

Right now the Jets have gotten the best news regarding Revis in the past 6 months. I wouldn't let him do a single drill or workout this week for fear of him getting even a blister. The clean MRI is a major chip for Idzik. My guess is that Tampa sweetens the pot a little and Idzik pulls the trigger. After the reports of that Tampa is willing to give up Idzik can't afford not to do the deal. Could you imagine the backlash if he gets hurt again this year playing for the Jets?

Revis is a great player. Nobody wants to trade a great player but sometimes it is necessary. Idzik has no allegiance or ties to Revis. He did not draft him, he wasn't the one who allegedly made promises to Revis. Idzik will make the best of a sh*tty situation. If he picks good players with those picks and the team improves nobody is going to be crying about trading Revis.
    It is definitely a sh*tty situation, no doubt about that.

However, IMO TEAM incentives is what should be in every contract. NEVER should a player be given individual incentives. All that says to a player IMO is that if the rest of team tanks, but you do your job, you will get X amount of money. Football is a team sport. Players should be rewarded for the success of the TEAM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great. Grand. Wonderful.

Now complete the trade.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Add Sanchez in the mix and all is better.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is definitely a sh*tty situation, no doubt about that.

However, IMO TEAM incentives is what should be in every contract. NEVER should a player be given individual incentives. All that says to a player IMO is that if the rest of team tanks, but you do your job, you will get X amount of money. Football is a team sport. Players should be rewarded for the success of the TEAM.
    I understand your point but you are an idealist. The agents and NFLPA are never going to agree to that. The players are essentially independent contractors.

I believe there are already incentives in place if for instance a team wins the SB or makes the playoffs. But I think that each player gets an equal share.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think all parties would prefer for it to happen before draft day but I wouldn't rule out a draft day trade. I think Idzik has prepared himself for multiple scenarios as have the Bucs. I think the Bucs want to get it done and Idzik is taking his time. This clean MRI only helps our cause.
    I think you could rule out a draft day trade, if Revis did not undergo a physical or if Revis did not release his medical records before then.