Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: End Mark Sanchez 'butt fumble' reign as SportsCenter: Worst of the Worst

End Mark Sanchez 'butt fumble' reign as SportsCenter: Worst of the Worst

I don't know about you but i'm sick of Mark Sanchez's butt fumble. I'm sick of hearing about it. I'm sick of seeing it.

Tomorrow, players report for a new season, yet every week on SportsCenter Worst of the Worst we have to relive the embarrassment of that Thanksgiving play. Do we want to experience that forever? Do we want that to be our image?

I don't know when the best time to do this will be because the butt fumble typically wins by a landslide.

Can we start a movement to take it down as a new season is set to begin? I'm ready to move on and we as Jets fans should band together to make sure that the millions of sports fans who watch SportsCenter don't continue seeing this week after week.

As long as that clip keeps playing, that is what the Jets are viewed as.

Can we end this? Here's the link to vote: http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/polls?pCat=114&sCat=13

It will take some kind of mass movement to end it based on the current numbers but I'd love to see a Jets fan radio host or someone get behind this too and help put to bed this butt fumble nightmare. Who's in?

All Pro
    That is the signature play of Mark Sanchez's career. He will be remembered for it forever. We all just have to accept that.

The more it's an organized resistance, the more people will try to make sure it remains on top.

Keep in mind the ground rules can also change at any time. If there's some sort of ballot stuffing, and buttfumble loses by a small margin, ESPN anchors will just laugh and say it wins again on historical record.

It's not going anywhere, until something perhaps really hilarious happens a good while from now. And let's face it, I literally laughed out loud when buttfumble happened, and upon several subsequent viewings, and I still smile at it to this day, so I personally think it's a worthy choice week in week out. I haven't really seen any worst of the worst candidates that could yet defeat it in open combat. It's just really that bad, and if that's the reputation the Jets have to live with, at least we bring a smile to the faces of countless citizens of the world.

ESPN, based out of Bristol, CT, has for at least a decade shown their blatant New England bias.
    They love the butt fumble and have no reason to ever let it go.
    What I think you should do to solve your problem is stop watching that tabloid of a sports network. It's a joke.
    I mean the letter E in their name is for entertainment. That should tell you where their focus is in journalism.
    If you do this, you'll A. no longer have to worry about what a bunch of Red Sox fans in Nowhere, CT think about the Jets, and B. you'll probably learn a lot more about the sports you're interested in since you're not being spoonfed what these morons want you to know and think.
    I never watch ESPN, and after the butt fumble I was mildly embarrassed for a day, got all the crap in the world from my New England buddies, and that was it. Personally I was way more embarrassed by that sh*tshow of a game on Thanksgiving than the buttfumble. We did lose 49-19.
    It'll be on the blooper reel for eternity though, so I hope you can get used to it.
    Keep your head up, LGJ!

Veteran
    We'll have to wait until someone else can embarrass themselves as well as Sanchez has.

Something akin to Steve Lyons dropping his pants or a homerun ball off Canseco's head.

Possible but unlikely.

I don't know, man. It's just that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    ESPN, based out of Bristol, CT, has for at least a decade shown their blatant New England bias.
    What I think you should do to solve your problem is stop watching that tabloid of a sports network. It's a joke.
    I mean the letter E in their name is for entertainment. That should tell you where their focus is in journalism.
    If you do this, you'll A. no longer have to worry about what a bunch of Red Sox fans in Nowhere, CT think about the Jets, and B. you'll probably learn a lot more about the sports you're interested in since you're not being spoonfed what these morons want you to know and think.
    I never watch ESPN, and after the butt fumble I was mildly embarrassed for a day, got all the crap in the world from my New England buddies, and that was it. Personally I was way more embarrassed by that sh*tshow of a game on Thanksgiving than the buttfumble. We did lose 49-19.
    It'll be on the blooper reel for eternity though, so I hope you can get used to it.
    Keep your head up, LGJ!
    Except the voting results map indicates that the love of the butt fumble is universal and nationwide, winning the ''worst'' even in NY and NJ. You got to admit the only way it could have been any worse was if Sanchez recovered the ball himself and ran it the wrong way for the 6 points. Maybe next time.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Except the voting results map indicates that the love of the butt fumble is universal and nationwide, winning the ''worst'' even in NY and NJ. You got to admit the only way it could have been any worse was if Sanchez recovered the ball himself and ran it the wrong way for the 6 points. Maybe next time.

Hell I even love the buttfumble at this point! (looooong done with #6)
    You seen these hoodies? I definitely want and would get one, but obviously can't support this website:
    http://nyjetssuck.com/butt-fumble-t-shirts/

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post

That is the signature play of Brandon Moore's career. He will be remembered for it forever. We all just have to accept that.

Corrected.

SAR I

Veteran
    Jets fans asking (demanding) it to go away will only make more popular. We just need to do a lot better this year and it will disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Keep your head up, LGJ!
    Except for the fact that Bristol is, I believe, closer to New York than Boston.

Connecticut is considered one the Tri-States, not a New England State.

As for the play, it's f***ing hilarious. Especially when played repeatedly in fast motion.

There are plays with much more outstanding impact. Why isn't Jim Marshall in the HOF? The wrong way run.

For god sakes, the fake spike play had more impact than the butt fumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Except for the fact that Bristol is, I believe, closer to New York than Boston.

Connecticut is considered one the Tri-States, not a New England State.

As for the play, it's f***ing hilarious. Especially when played repeatedly in fast motion.

There are plays with much more outstanding impact. Why isn't Jim Marshall in the HOF? The wrong way run.

For god sakes, the fake spike play had more impact than the butt fumble.
    You're right on all counts except Connecticut is most definitely one of the 6 New England states. The tri-state area does include the part of CT from the NY border to Bridgeport.

WHy haven't you just accepted it as hilarious? Until something better comes along (it's going to be tough) it shall remain.

Thanks for the link. I promptly voted Mark Sanchez as the worst of the worst.

It's ****ing hilarious. It will remain the undisputed champ until something more ridiculous happens. I don't even know what that could be, but I'll know it when I see it.

Jets Insider VIP
    They'll be showing that play on football follies 20 years from now with the Benny Hill music running in the background.

Sanchez will forever be remembered for that play.

You can't help but laugh, otherwise you'll cry.

Jets Insider VIP
    In 2014 the Tiajuana Turnover Machine will be gone, goodbye.

Hopefully we'll find a QB as good as our two best, Namath and Chad Pennington to allow ALL real Jet fans to move on from this USC fiasco nearly as awful as Matt Leinart

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Corrected.

SAR I

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Far be it from me to defend Mark Sanchez, but I personally believe Leon Lett's blunder in the Miami Dolphins game back in 1993 was the biggest d*ckhead move I've ever seen.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Far be it from me to defend Mark Sanchez, but I personally believe Leon Lett's blunder in the Miami Dolphins game back in 1993 was the biggest d*ckhead move I've ever seen.
    espn's knowledge of sports and that of their voting audience is roughly the same as that of a mosquito

another reason not to watch their moron-friendly network or to visit their local website for Jet information provided, of course, by Our Dick, the worst reporter in the history of "journalism"