Thread: USA vs. Bosnia

USA vs. Bosnia

Jozyyyyy!!

Waterboy
    Missed the first half, but was able to get it about 55 minutes. Looked good. The new kid from Iceland caught my eye, and Bradley is continuing to impress me. Like that Dempsey didn't get any time, not sure where his head is with the move to Sounders. Can't figure that out. Nice second half in a very tough town.

Yea Dempsey didn't make the trip. JK went with a squad composed mainly of guys on European clubs. Jozy was awesome. Was a man amongst boys in the second half. Was excited to finally see Brooks in action, though he was a bit of a disappointment. Johannson, however, did look pretty good.

Avoided updates all day (successfully) and watched the game with a few buddies after work. Was happy we made the effort because of that awesome second half. USA extends the winning streak!

Veteran
    It was an interesting game.It seems that the team is gaining a rep for it's control in the midfield and teams are letting it possess the ball and try to win on the counter. It's a far cry from when the US was relying on last minute heroics against all opponents. The most interesting thing for the team now is going to be how it will widdle down its players to its A squad.

Bosnia did pull most of their defensive starters at HT. But, the US is doing really well right now. I love Altidore and Bradley going into their Pre-World Cup season in form. It's becoming more apparent that Bradley/Jones pairing doesn't work well.

Veteran
    Bradley overwhelms Jones when he leaves him back there to retrieve balls defensively. I prefer Bradley being the guy in front of the defense but that doesn't work since Jones is virtually worthless going forward. With the 4-2-3-1 look the two guys have to be able to play off the strengths of one another and not be in the way of what the other wants to do. The ideal is last years Bayern Munich pairing of Javi Martinez and Bastian Schweinsteiger. I think Bradley could be the Schweinsteiger in that he is the guy pushing the game up to the speedy wings and the forwards but he is better off being the battery back there that wins the ball and finds quick outlets to spring forth the action into the attacking half. The US needs a creative force to work with Bradley and it could be Diskerud. The question is can he mature and develop fast enough to steal Jones's spot.