Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

View Poll Results: What should the front office do?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • trade w/tampa this years picks

62 67.39%
  • wait to draft qb w/re is pick next year

7 7.61%
  • don't trade mevis

22 23.91%
  • trade w/another team

1 1.09%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Revis Trade Dilemma

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Revis Trade Dilemma

Much has been said about waiting till next year. I'll be the first to admit i was on board w/next year. However, playing devils advocate whose to say next years qbs don't become like Barkley or that Nassib, Glennon or Emanuel don't turn out to be the real deal. Notice I didn't mention Geno b/c he's hot garbage.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    they need to draft a QB every year until they find one who works. Tis year, I'd love to see Emanuel or Scott.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Option 2 should read wait till 2014 & draft Qb w/revis pick

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    Option 2 should read wait till 2014 & draft Qb w/revis pick
    Are you sure? Looks like the abbreviation for 'with regards'.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't even think Option 2 fits the question. We "know" they are offering a 2013 pick. We have no idea if Option 2 could or would ever be an option.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tampa could offer a high or conditional.pi k next yr...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks pretty unanimous that ppl want to take Tampa's pick this year. This is certainly a change from what appeared like let's wait till next year with a stronger QB class.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, next year's QBs look much better but alot can happen in a year. Case in point, Barkley looked like #1 overall and now he probably won't be even taken in the first round. Take the picks this year and get some talent back on this team. If we REALLY want one of the qbs next year, I'm sure the FO would pay the price to go get them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Personally My preference would be something along the line of: Tampa's 2014 first with a 2013 2nd & 3rd as well. We would give back a 2013 5th.

I think this years draft is soft at the top and we would do better with ammunition to move up if necessary in 2014. In addition the 2013 draft is very deep in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, those extra picks would be fantastic.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Are you sure? Looks like the abbreviation for 'with regards'.
    This is the worst poll ever. One and two are not mutually exclusive. And what other team are they supposed to trade with? And what's the 'dilemma'?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    dump

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get it over with and get it over with in the next 10 days.

Enough.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    This is the worst poll ever. One and two are not mutually exclusive. And what other team are they supposed to trade with? And what's the 'dilemma'?
    To say nothing of the bias introduced into the poll by the OP with the use of the moniker 'mevis'. I mean, really, how am I supposed to make an informed decision if I'm going to be unduly influenced from the onset?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I'd want the primary asset (the first round pick) to be from this year, so we have an assurance of where it's situated in the draft and it's relative value.

For any secondary picks involved....my preference would be to acquire superior 2014 picks than their equivalent in 2013 picks on the trade value chart.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    Personally I'd want the primary asset (the first round pick) to be from this year, so we have an assurance of where it's situated in the draft and it's relative value.

For any secondary picks involved....my preference would be to acquire superior 2014 picks than their equivalent in 2013 picks on the trade value chart.
    The thing about picks the next year is they always have a caveat. Like he has to pass a physical or play this year or make a pro bowl. I'd rather take as much up front as possible. That is why the JETS want that 1st rounder this year. If TB is dumb enough to make this trade when Revis is still in rehab I'll be shocked. There is a reason they only wanted to offer a 3rd this year in the original offer "leaks". If this happens it will likely be week 4 regular season if we play bad. I just dont see TB making the trade before this draft if it has to be a 1st round pick right now.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post

I want 2 1st rders. For the best defensive player in the league, but will.settle for 1st & 2nd.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now that.San Fran appears to be out of the pictute will another team such as Seahawks jump in?

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    lol....you must be a great date!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Trade Revis for whatever the best available offer is before Draft Day.

ANY realistic offer will be better for the Jets long-term than a disgruntled player playing out his final year-in-a-year-we're-not-competative then walking.

Best deal available. Take it. Move on.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    lol....you must be a great date!

Until someone intercepts her..