Thread: Gold!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Another bubble has burst. Who would have thought?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Saw the correction coming two weeks ago, sold off last week. PHEW!

Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    Another bubble has burst. Who would have thought?
    Lol, gold is not a "bubble." It's a defensive good used to hedge inflation. When QE is high and consumer spending is low, gold is high. Right now, the markets are coming back strong, consumers are regaining confidence again, and the printing of money has been reigned in. Gold needed to correct and come down from its insane highs just too keep the market.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Lol, gold is not a "bubble." It's a defensive good used to hedge inflation. When QE is high and consumer spending is low, gold is high. Right now, the markets are coming back strong, consumers are regaining confidence again, and the printing of money has been reigned in. Gold needed to correct and come down from its insane highs just too keep the market.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    The dollar is moving higher and people are piling into dollars. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    It's amazing what a Jay-Z trip to Cuba can spark!

Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    It's amazing what a Jay-Z trip to Cuba can spark!
    My 75 year old neighbors went to Cuba on vacation 2 years ago. The State department approved it. The outrage.

Ekonomikz iz hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    I'm not a fan but I have clients who own Gold. My view is that any more than 5 percent of your net worth in Gold is too much.

Hall Of Fame
    Good thing I don't own any jewelry outside of a watch.

The money in the market is the feds money and the bubble will pop soon enough. Cheap money and high interest rates to follow. Maybe it is sequestration?

Jets Insider VIP
    I read that there were fears that it was feared that Cyprus was going to flood the market with their gold to get out of their problems.

First they purloin the savings and bank deposits in Laiki and the Bank of Cyprus, including the working funds of the University of Cyprus, and thousands of small firms hanging on by their fingertips.

Then they seize three quarters of the country’s gold reserves, making it ever harder for Cyprus to extricate itself from EMU at a later date.

The people of Cyprus first learned about this from a Reuters leak of the working documents for the Eurogroup meeting on Friday.

It is tucked away in clause 29. "Sale of excess gold reserves: The Cypriot authorities have committed to sell the excess amount of gold reserves owned by the Republic. This is estimated to generate one-off revenues to the state of €400m via an extraordinary payout of central bank profits."

This seemed to catch the central bank by surprise. Officials said they knew nothing about it. So who in fact made this decision?
    http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance...gold-reserves/

Hall Of Fame
    ^ Very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    The money in the market is the feds money and the bubble will pop soon enough. Cheap money and high interest rates to follow. Maybe it is sequestration?
    Thats an interesting soundbite but I disagree. Earnings are strong at many companies and cash on hand is strong.

Many people are making money..unfortunately, labor in general is not.

Lower skilled workers are in danger.

My 75 year old neighbors went to Cuba on vacation 2 years ago. The State department approved it. The outrage.
    Was he friends with Obama? Jamie Foxx? Redd Foxx? Samantha Fox? Is the wife a Fox?