Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Who is the most attractive woman you have seen wear a merkin in a movie or tv show?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Who is the most attractive woman you have seen wear a merkin in a movie or tv show?

    I got nuthin'



  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I got nuthin'


    Had to Google that, you learn sum-thin everyday around here...

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Evan Rachel Wood in Mildred Pierce.

    "I hadn't made my mind up if I was going to go full until we were rehearsing, and I was talking to Todd [Haynes, the series' writer and director] - like 'What do you think?' - and he was like, 'I think we're going to be chickening out if we don't just go for it."

    "At a New York press event for the miniseries, a retelling of the classic James M. Cain novel, Wood told us she credits Winslet, who famously bared all in The Reader, for giving her the courage to strip. 'I looked at Kate and she was like, 'You've got to do it. Trust me, it's so brave. Put a merkin on and you'll be fine.' A merkin? 'Let's just say, I had to wear a wig because it was in the '30s, and everything had to look like it was in the '30s," explained Wood with a laugh.'"

    http://movieline.com/2011/03/21/merk...pierce-nudity/

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    12,871
    Post Thanks / Like
    HAHA... the tags

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,266
    Post Thanks / Like
    had to google merkin; then added a tag.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,546
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love how Borgo actually answered the question.

    Great find BTW. Love ERW.

  7. #7
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    30,912
    Post Thanks / Like
    LMFAO @ 'cvnty combover'




    felt the need to add my own tag

  8. #8
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    30,912
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Evan Rachel Wood in Mildred Pierce.

    "I hadn't made my mind up if I was going to go full until we were rehearsing, and I was talking to Todd [Haynes, the series' writer and director] - like 'What do you think?' - and he was like, 'I think we're going to be chickening out if we don't just go for it."

    "At a New York press event for the miniseries, a retelling of the classic James M. Cain novel, Wood told us she credits Winslet, who famously bared all in The Reader, for giving her the courage to strip. 'I looked at Kate and she was like, 'You've got to do it. Trust me, it's so brave. Put a merkin on and you'll be fine.' A merkin? 'Let's just say, I had to wear a wig because it was in the '30s, and everything had to look like it was in the '30s," explained Wood with a laugh.'"

    http://movieline.com/2011/03/21/merk...pierce-nudity/




    We all knew you would know....once we figured out what it was.


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merkin

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    had to google merkin; then added a tag.


    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I love how Borgo actually answered the question.

    Great find BTW. Love ERW.
    ERW is so hot. Lots of actresses have sported a "love rug" in similar circumstances.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post



    We all knew you would know....once we figured out what it was.


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merkin
    I first came upon (not literally) the merkin concept back in college in the 70s. Like so many silly things, its existence often found its way into many sketches/scripts I wrote over the years.

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    30,912
    Post Thanks / Like
    And whomever added "cvunty combover"...I literally can't stop laughing each time I see it.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The Land of Superior Men
    Posts
    1,542
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rooney Mara in Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,266
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    And whomever added "cvunty combover"...I literally can't stop laughing each time I see it.
    you're most certainly welcome.

    blind squirrel, nut, and whatnot.

  13. #13
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,459
    Post Thanks / Like
    This reminds me of the character in Dr. Strangelove: President Merkin Muffley

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,266
    Post Thanks / Like
    tags getting exponentially (logarithmically, even) funnier

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,710
    Post Thanks / Like

  16. #16
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    30,912
    Post Thanks / Like
    So where would one buy one of these things...


    perhaps at a



    merkin-tile exchange of some sort?!







  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    12,871
    Post Thanks / Like

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us