Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Marathon Terrorist Attack (MERGED)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    I personally dont mind graphic pictures being published, short of seeing dead kids. It is what it is. Its history and it happened in a public place. I'd rather an upset public versus a naive one. Just my 2 cents....

Whats up with these rumors though? they said they used water canons to "diffuse" 2 other bombs and now they have great evidence as a result.

Now, the two other bombs dont exist. wtf? Its like the ploice saying there were no rifles used in newton, and that an assault rifle was found in a car but then changing the story and saying everything was done with the rifle.
    That's my point. Every news outlet is in a race to see who can break a headline first, and the public is desperate for some answers. The answers won't come easily, and the news media is absolutely horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    That's my point. Every news outlet is in a race to see who can break a headline first, and the public is desperate for some answers. The answers won't come easily, and the news media is absolutely horrendous.
    Disgusted my the media.

Let the police do their jobs.

+1 trillion.

I'll bet this is the work of a lone american nutjob. He built the crudest bombs you could build, walked down the street, tossed one in one garbage can walked a lil more and threw the second into another can and just kept on walking.

terrorists usually take the credit
    You keep saying this... The more you repeat it doesn't make it any more factual...

We don't know yet. You'll look like an idiot if it isn't... Are you going to 'told you so' and gloat about it if it is? There's no winning for you by saying what you're saying...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Until there's a guy wearing a prison jumpsuit and shackles on TV, spreading rumors just does injustice to the victims. It sensationalizes the crime.

No offense intended, jetswin.
    It's in the Post

No offense taken

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    I dont think they have been THAT bad so far. They havent really run with too many outrageous stories thus far. During the first several hours of covering an attack like this, there is always going to be mis-information that gets out, it is the nature of covering a LIVE tragic event like this. Even law enforcement officials put out info that gets proven false in the coming hours.

The story about the apartment being searched has proven to be true, I just dont see where there has been "horrendous" coverage thus far, at least the stuff I have been watching so far.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I dont think they have been THAT bad so far. They havent really run with too many outrageous stories thus far. During the first several hours of covering an attack like this, there is always going to be mis-information that gets out, it is the nature of covering a LIVE tragic event like this. Even law enforcement officials put out info that gets proven false in the coming hours.

The story about the apartment being searched has proven to be true, I just dont see where there has been "horrendous" coverage thus far, at least the stuff I have been watching so far.
    Its not what stories they are putting out there, its more how they behave, shouting questions at ER docs after 10 hours of surgery: "What the most gruesome thing you say today?" Honestly...I dont know who could do that for a living and be proud.

We have somehow moved from the peoples right to know to news as shock value.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Its not what stories they are putting out there, its more how they behave, shouting questions at ER docs after 10 hours of surgery: "What the most gruesome thing you say today?" Honestly...I dont know who could do that for a living and be proud.

We have somehow moved from the peoples right to know to news as shock value.
    Well that I agree with. In that regard, there has been some asinine questions.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    It's in the Post

No offense taken

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    Eh, the Post reported 12 dead yesterday. I like their witty headlines but as for their reporting it's usually...Ready, Fire, Aim! They like to be out in front.

I do think there may still be something to this Saudi national, but as of now the Feds are trying to downplay it and keep a lid on it, as they should. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be an innocent bystander or in 4 days we find out he's facing 200 counts of attempted murder and other charges.

We gotta wait and see. The Post does see and print.

Jets Insider VIP
    This is horrible. I think in the back of all our heads, we know what this was. And who did it. And the pictures are a constant reminder to never let your guard down.

You have to remember that the next time you go through airport security or have your bag checked in a subway station...

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    You keep saying this... The more you repeat it doesn't make it any more factual...

We don't know yet. You'll look like an idiot if it isn't... Are you going to 'told you so' and gloat about it if it is? There's no winning for you by saying what you're saying...
    calm your friggin a$$ down girl

of course we dont know. ive posted this sentiment twice in a ten page thread. NOT 10 times. Im speculating like a lot of people if you dont like it too bad baby

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Eh, the Post reported 12 dead yesterday. I like their witty headlines but as for their reporting it's usually...Ready, Fire, Aim! They like to be out in front.

I do think there may still be something to this Saudi national, but as of now the Feds are trying to downplay it and keep a lid on it, as they should. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be an innocent bystander or in 4 days we find out he's facing 200 counts of attempted murder and other charges.

We gotta wait and see. The Post does see and print.
    The NY Times and the Washington Post (slightly more trustworthy news sources) are saying this Saudi kid was nothing but an innocent witness.

Jets Insider VIP
    The NY Times and the Washington Post (slightly more trustworthy news sources) are saying this Saudi kid was nothing but an innocent witness.
    lol - dude. common! the NYT? Really? They just published a letter from a Gitmo prisoner on how the US is killing him.

Cool

Everyone keeps saying this. Just because you say it doesnt make it factual.

you will look like an idiot if he turns out to be the bomber

dont upset alwaysgreenalwayswhite

Hall Of Fame
    But the kid WAS actually thought to be a suspect at one point, why else search his apartment? Nobody said the kid was guilty, just that he was a suspect or person of interest. None of that was untrue, was it?

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    But the kid WAS actually thought to be a suspect at one point, why else search his apartment? Nobody said the kid was guilty, just that he was a suspect or person of interest. None of that was untrue, was it?
    he was probably just an innocent bystander that got hassled because he "looks" like a terrorist. Lets stop the BS and call it what it is.

Ok, on one hand its not very nice to profile but on another hand, like the israelis do, some profiling does produce positive results.

Hes probably a nice kid all scared that hes under the gun and allowed the cops to search his apartment, thats all.

Everyone keeps saying this. Just because you say it doesnt make it factual.

you will look like an idiot if he turns out to be the bomber

dont upset alwaysgreenalwayswhite
    He's quoting two news sources... You're 'betting' the terrorist is a single deranged American... There's an obvious difference in your post and his...

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    lol - dude. common! the NYT? Really? They just published a letter from a Gitmo prisoner on how the US is killing him.
    Yea, it's called an op-ed. Kinda proves Bon's point no?

Let's not forget, Boston (like NY) is full of colleges that have kids from around the world. It sounds like someone saw him and it snowballed from there. There are plenty of Arab/Muslim/Middle Eastern people in Boston. Hell, people think Indian Sikh followers are Muslims.

Gotta love this:

http://bostonmarathonconspiracy.com/

(OK to click, its not what you think.)