Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 1138

Thread: Boston Marathon Terrorist Attack (MERGED)

  1. #221
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,294
    Politically correct hogwash... there is someone suspected of something, enough that his place was searched and bags were removed. But everyone is tripping over their dicks to protect him because he is a Saudi... starting with the politicians yesterday and ending with the posters in this thread.

    A terrorist is a terrorist, homegrown or otherwise, as of now this guy sticks out like a sore thumb. I don't get you guys.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

  2. #222
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,515
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    he was probably just an innocent bystander that got hassled because he "looks" like a terrorist. Lets stop the BS and call it what it is.

    Ok, on one hand its not very nice to profile but on another hand, like the israelis do, some profiling does produce positive results.

    Hes probably a nice kid all scared that hes under the gun and allowed the cops to search his apartment, thats all.
    My point wasnt whether he was ACTUALLY a guilty suspect or not, but rather there WAS a person of interest or suspect that was a Saudi and that they DID search his apartment. Thats all the report was about and it was true.

  3. #223
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,570
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Politically correct hogwash... there is someone suspected of something, enough that his place was searched and bags were removed. But everyone is tripping over their dicks to protect him because he is a Saudi... starting with the politicians yesterday and ending with the posters in this thread.

    A terrorist is a terrorist, homegrown or otherwise, as of now this guy sticks out like a sore thumb. I don't get you guys.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm as interested in protecting him as I am in automatically indicting him.

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Politically correct hogwash... there is someone suspected of something, enough that his place was searched and bags were removed. But everyone is tripping over their dicks to protect him because he is a Saudi... starting with the politicians yesterday and ending with the posters in this thread.

    A terrorist is a terrorist, homegrown or otherwise, as of now this guy sticks out like a sore thumb. I don't get you guys.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't think anyone is saying that he isn't someone worth following in the news. I think people are saying don't unload on the guy until we get the facts.
    Last edited by CleatMarks; 04-16-2013 at 01:40 PM.

  5. #225
    Going on 24 hours later and the FBI/Boston Police have no idea who did this. They're now asking for photographs from the people at the marathon.


  6. #226
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I'm as interested in protecting him as I am in automatically indicting him.
    Who is indicting him? There are facts, albeit from newspapers, that you are not accepting. No one has been accused of anything other than being suspicious in this thread.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

  7. #227
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,997
    People want to know who this is:



    A photo taken during the second explosion in Boston on Monday shows a man on a roof above the blast.

    http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Upd...bombings-video

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    Everyone keeps saying this. Just because you say it doesnt make it factual.

    you will look like an idiot if he turns out to be the bomber

    dont upset alwaysgreenalwayswhite
    He's just being questioned. Waiting a few days to see what shakes out as the general public is a good idea. The first day of a attack like this is always filled with wrong/misleading information. Just thnk of all the info that was wrong about the Newtown shooting (originally the brother was the shooter, the mother worked at the school, etc).

    It sounds like the guy was just there. It's not about being PC, it's about being right. It's nothing like Richard Jewell debacle, since the cops and media didn't announce that this was the guy.

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    People want to know who this is:



    A photo taken during the second explosion in Boston on Monday shows a man on a roof above the blast.

    http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Upd...bombings-video
    Those roofs have gardens and terraces. I wouldn't put any weight on a person on a roof in that section of town. There are many roof apartments.

  10. #230
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,570
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Who is indicting him? There are facts, albeit from newspapers, that you are not accepting. No one has been accused of anything other than being suspicious in this thread.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    Again, the NY Times and the WashPost already reported that the search of the guy's apartment turned up nothing and that the kid is no longer a suspect.

  11. #231
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Again, the NY Times and the WashPost already reported that the search of the guy's apartment turned up nothing and that the kid is no longer a suspect.
    Yes, TODAY. The Post reported on the Saudi kid YESTERDAY rather early on. Again, how was the story false?

  12. #232
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,399
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Who is indicting him? There are facts, albeit from newspapers, that you are not accepting. No one has been accused of anything other than being suspicious in this thread.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    I agree. I think we're all on the same page. It was a fact that a Saudi national was a person of interest, or possibly a suspect, initially while at the hospital. It's why they had him under guard. It now looks like he consented to a search of his apartment (no warrant needed) and investigators have determined he wasn't a perpetrator. I think we can move on, like police seem to be, from this guy unless some other information starts pointing back towards him.

  13. #233
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    People want to know who this is:



    A photo taken during the second explosion in Boston on Monday shows a man on a roof above the blast.

    http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Upd...bombings-video
    Not sure if I'd be isolating myself up on a roof with limited exit options when the bomb is ready to go off.

  14. #234
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,299
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Who is indicting him? There are facts, albeit from newspapers, that you are not accepting. No one has been accused of anything other than being suspicious in this thread.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    That's fair. And, JMO, no one is bending over backwards to protect anyone. There simply doesn't seem to be any evidence to suggest that this person is the person responsible.

    You think he's suspicious based on what you read - that's your interpretation which you're entitled to. Personally, from what I've read, there doesn't seem to be anything that suggests that this guy is at all a suspect. Of course, that may change. But, I suspect that LE will be running down hundreds of leads that will ultimately be dead ends before they find something fruitful. No stone unturned, and the like.

  15. #235
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Again, the NY Times and the WashPost already reported that the search of the guy's apartment turned up nothing and that the kid is no longer a suspect.
    Classifying someone as a witness instead of a suspect affords certain legal leeways I'm assuming, however I'm not a lawyer. As a matter of fact I have no opinion on the individual other than he acted suspiciously.

    I think the biggest breakthrough to this point is the fact it was pressure cooker bombs. I've never heard of this before, as a matter of fact I've not heard of a pressure cooker since the 60s...unless crockpots are considered pressure cookers these days. I would think this puts a unique stamp on the bomb maker.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

  16. #236
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,399
    I don't see anyone jumping to overly protect him either. In fact, among the 170 injured people they zeroed in on the Saudi and requested to search his apartment. They also had him under guard. To me, these are measured and appropriate steps....secure the guy, question him, search the apartment, etc. Doubt they're doing this for each of the other 170 victims. At the same time, once you clear him, the guy should be treated like all the others....an apparently innocent victim of a heinous crime.

  17. #237
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,399
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Classifying someone as a witness instead of a suspect affords certain legal leeways I'm assuming, however I'm not a lawyer. As a matter of fact I have no opinion on the individual other than he acted suspiciously.

    I think the biggest breakthrough to this point is the fact it was pressure cooker bombs. I've never heard of this before, as a matter of fact I've not heard of a pressure cooker since the 60s...unless crockpots are considered pressure cookers these days. I would think this puts a unique stamp on the bomb maker.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    Like what....it could be Wolfgang Puck?

  18. #238
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,093
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    calm your friggin a$$ down girl

    of course we dont know. ive posted this sentiment twice in a ten page thread. NOT 10 times. Im speculating like a lot of people if you dont like it too bad baby
    Take a breather, Dick.





    -

  19. #239
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,294
    I don't know how to post links on my phone but there is a very interesting photo in the Daily News of the aforementioned person of interest.

    The head line and is Report: Saudi man questioned in Boston Marathon bombing is a witness

    You should take a look

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

  20. #240
    No matter the issue, the same few folks here always ensure that it devolves into the same sissy slap fest.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us