Page 23 of 57 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Marathon Terrorist Attack (MERGED)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

FWIW, quoting CNN/FOX from here on out is about as reliable as southside weighing in on picking up chicks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Here is the link. Someone sent me these earlier this morning.

http://imgur.com/a/sUrnA
    Thanks.

The release....or quasi/amateur release of these photos will hopefully get one, two or a few of these people who are innocent to step forward and say, "hey, that's me on video, I'm innocent, this is what I was doing and in fact, here's my backpack." When one or two of those guys don't come forward it can narrow down the search.

Personally, I find it hard to believe that the black jacket, tan pants "commando" guys are major suspects unless I see pics of them WITHOUT those backpacks.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    FWIW, quoting CNN/FOX from here on out is about as reliable as southside weighing in on picking up chicks.
    So what? No one is taking it as gospel, just talking about what is being reported.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Thanks.

The release....or quasi/amateur release of these photos will hopefully get one, two or a few of these people who are innocent to step forward and say, "hey, that's me on video, I'm innocent, this is what I was doing and in fact, here's my backpack." When one or two of those guys don't come forward it can narrow down the search.

Personally, I find it hard to believe that the black jacket, tan pants "commando" guys are major suspects unless I see pics of them WITHOUT those backpacks.
    That one picture of the guys backpack where they outlined the potential bomb is pretty interesting.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    That would be an interesting twist.
    Apparently Obama had a meeting today with a Saudi minister that wasn't on his public schedule. The meeting was reported to be about Syria.

Maybe someone else can verify this but I heard during the same FOX unconfirmed report that we do not arrest Saudi citizens, instead we send them back to Saudi Arabia. Not sure if I heard that correctly. Seems very strange. Have to take with grain of salt. But it is interesting.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Apparently Obama had a meeting today with a Saudi minister that wasn't on his public schedule. The meeting was reported to be about Syria.

Maybe someone else can verify this but I heard during the same FOX unconfirmed report that we do not arrest Saudi citizens, instead we send them back to Saudi Arabia. Not sure if I heard that correctly. Seems very strange. Have to take with grain of salt. But it is interesting.
    I have heard that before, I just dont know to what extent and if it can be revoked. I heard the same report you did on Fox and it sounded like he did have immunity.

Hall Of Fame
    Thanks.

I dont think they were all thought to be suspects. Just people in that area who had larger backpacks. The two that are of interest to law enforcement are the ones we were talking about earlier. They certainly look like they are carrying something of decent weight in those bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    National anthem at the Bruins game-

http://sportsofboston.com/2013/04/17...thon-bombings/
    And the Bruins blow a third period lead....HEY! I guess things are getting back to normal!

You think that's the point at which he's setting it down?
    My point is that this "no bag" business is nonsense since it is more likely he is just holding it in front of him. Furthermore, these shots are hours before the explosion, why would they have left the bag out in the open so long? Also, This guy doesn't match the description. The hat is on the wrong way and there is no light-colored hoodie. This is all irrelevant anyway. The feds have a video showing the placement of the bomb---they know who it is. We don't need to be playing pin the tail on the Arab just because someone is brown and wearing a backpack. If there was some evidence to do that fine, but I'm not seeing it in these pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Just heard an unconfirmed report/rumor that the Saudi national that was questioned yesterday is being deported.

Wonder if this ends up being accurate. Would be very interesting.

*edit. Beat me to it. Wonder if it has any teeth.
    Even if this is true, why would this be interesting? They're talking to him, they check him out...turns out like untold millions of visa holders before him, he has overstayed his visa. He has to go back. Pretty simple. Is the implication that they would deport someone who was a suspect or could have otherwise been useful to the investigation? Because that is absurd.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hit Stick View Post
    My point is that this "no bag" business is nonsense since it is more likely he is just holding it in front of him. Furthermore, these shots are hours before the explosion, why would they have left the bag out in the open so long? Also, This guy doesn't match the description. The hat is on the wrong way and there is no light-colored hoodie. This is all irrelevant anyway. The feds have a video showing the placement of the bomb---they know who it is. We don't need to be playing pin the tail on the Arab just because someone is brown and wearing a backpack. If there was some evidence to do that fine, but I'm not seeing it in these pictures.
    To be fair, I think people have been pinning the tail on white guys too, sloppy guy, "commandos", etc.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 04-17-2013 at 11:22 PM.

To be fair, I think people have been pinning the tail on white guys too, sloppy guy, "commandos", etc.
    Poor "sloppy guy"....he gets the worst nickname.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Poor "sloppy guy"....he gets the worst nickname.
    And now...when he goes into work with his backpack full of comics everyone runs out yelling.

That sort of thing with HR involvement.

Too soon?

-

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

-
    So your saying there will be bagels?

The commandos looked to be brown fellows, and sloppy guy, well he is just a horse of another color altogether.

All League
    And now...when he goes into work with his backpack full of comics everyone runs out yelling.

Too soon?

-
    I don't think the corner loaf and jug has a HR dept.

After sloppy guy is exonerated we should reach out with a Hampur invite.

Sort of like our own Richard Jewel.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 2milehighJet View Post
    I don't think the corner loaf and jug has a HR dept.
    Oh that guy is a stapler re-filler in corporate somewheres.

Prolly with a non-human contact mandate.

-

Prolly with a non-human contact mandate.
    -
    I wish I had that.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I wish I had that.
    Yeah. So you could have something to blame.