Page 24 of 57 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Marathon Terrorist Attack (MERGED)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Yeah. So you could have something to blame.
    Just like southside's confirmed allergy to women.

Sloppy guy looks suspicious because you're looking for something suspicious.

Walk one block in Manhattan, you'll see six guys that look like sloppy guy. A disheveled man walking around oddly in a metropolitan area? unheard of!

those commando guys however.... that's interesting.

Also, going to read Where's Waldo after looking at all these pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    FWIW, quoting CNN/FOX from here on out is about as reliable as southside weighing in on picking up chicks.
    Do you even lift bro?

Come out with me. You will change your tune immediately.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Sloppy guy looks suspicious because you're looking for something suspicious.

Walk one block in Manhattan, you'll see six guys that look like sloppy guy. A disheveled man walking around oddly in a metropolitan area? unheard of!

those commando guys however.... that's interesting.
    I'm not sure it was his appearance, although it's not the type of person you'd usually expect to see watching an event like that. I think it was more because of how he was holding the backpack and that his backpack largely matches what is suspected to be the bag that delivered the device.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I'm not sure it was his appearance, although it's not the type of person you'd usually expect to see watching an event like that.
    Oh so now sloppy guy can't be a long distance running fan?

Where does the persecution of sloppy guys end?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hit Stick View Post
    The commandos looked to be brown fellows, and sloppy guy, well he is just a horse of another color altogether.
    so you're saying Sarah Jessica Parker is involved?!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post

Oh so now sloppy guy can't be a long distance running fan?

Where does the persecution of sloppy guys end?
    He has all fooled. He wears tight bike shorts to NASCAR races.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I'm not sure it was his appearance, although it's not the type of person you'd usually expect to see watching an event like that. I think it was more because of how he was holding the backpack and that his backpack largely matches what is suspected to be the bag that delivered the device.
    Watching the marathon is usually the first stop (or perhaps a quick interlude)on a day long bender in celebration of a day off from work for Bostonians (and college students). I'm not sure you need to be decked out in Lulu Lemon to watch - sh!tkickers and a flannel are also quite prevalent.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Sigh. This is exactly the type of crap that I've been afraid of. We should all be ashamed of ourselves. But especially Southside.

The Boston Bombing Witch Hunt Bags Another Innocent Kid
    On Monday, the New York Post doggedly stuck to its claim that 12 were killed in the Boston Marathon bombings. On Tuesday, CNN (among others) reported that a suspect had been arrested, before walking that all the way back. Today, the Post wrests back the "what the **** are you doing?" crown by putting two "potential suspects" on the cover of the newspaper. They are most assuredly innocent.

The pair show up in multiple photos of the finish line. They carry large bags. They are dark-skinned. This was enough for internet sleuths to peg them as suspicious. (They show up here, in Gawker's rundown of "suspects" identified by crowdsourcing on Reddit and 4chan.) And that was apparently enough for the Post to run with its front-page story today, claiming investigators are circulating photos of the two. (The photo on the paper's cover is a cropped and zoomed-in version of the one taken by Ben Levine, which appeared on Deadspin on Tuesday.)

But maybe there was a reason for them to be at the marathon, wearing track jackets and carrying bags: they're runners.

The kid in the blue jacket is a middle-distance runner at Revere High School. Last week he ran the two-mile in 11:20. Here he is, training either for global jihad or a track meet:

Yesterday he caught wind that his name and social media profiles were being circulated online, and he did what any teenager would do: He panicked. He made his Facebook timeline private, and in one message now no longer visible, he announced he was going to clear his name.

Going to the court rightnow!! **** is real. But u will see guys I'm did not do anything
    (We're not naming the guy or linking to his Facebook page, a pointless courtesy, but we figured we should extend it in this instance.)

Witch hunts end as quickly as they begin. Today on CBS This Morning, John Miller specifically said these two are not the suspects the FBI is seeking. This Boston Globe story sheds more light on the images authorities are using to track down the suspects, and their description makes clear it's not a high schooler and his friend:

The official said that the two suspects were seen separately on videotape — one at each of the two bombing sites, which are located about a block apart.
    There's also the matter that his bag isn't even the same color as the one recovered from the scene.

Reddit is panicking too. In the "FindBostonBombers" subreddit, the top post tells users to stop spreading the images of these two, and urges people to delete anything already posted that identifies them.

(The second-top post reads, "Media outlets, please stop making the images of potential suspects go viral, then blaming this small subreddit for it.")

But that's the internet, with some degree of anonymity and expectation for inaccuracy. How will the Post explain away its front cover ("Bag Men"), and the top story still there on the website ("Men in Sights")? Presumably authorities distributed many photos of people with large backpacks and duffel bags. How did these two end up with their brown faces splashed all over the world? Do we even need to ask?
    via deadspin

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Do you even lift bro?

Come out with me. You will change your tune immediately.
    I'm pretty sure hitting on mods is frowned upon here, even if it isn't in the ToS.

Maybe next time take it to a PM?

Sigh. This is exactly the type of crap that I've been afraid of. We should all be ashamed of ourselves. But especially Southside.

via deadspin

I feel shame.

via deadspin
    A lot of false info out there right now. BPD & the FBI are more on top of things than the media is reporting. A LOT of info has had to have become hidden, and reporting and sharing of any info has gotten to the point where PDs and Federal agencies are barely sharing (other than people inside).

Let me add that the media is out of control with reporting information. If they really cared about catching the person(s), they would sit back and let law enforcement do their job. Instead they report on things like what kind of crock pot, what kind of battery, how close the investigation is, etc. Bad guys watch the news too. The investigation was almost ruined.

via deadspin
    NY Post has been sh*tting itself on this story. What an embarrassment.

Bewildered Beast

via deadspin
    You called it.

Hall Of Fame
    Where did you get that picture? Certainly suspicious, the backpack looks similar to the black shredded backpack being shown as the probable concealment bag and most importantly....99% of people are not walking into that crowd with a backpack and then leaving without it.

Is blue jacket friend carrying the 2nd device in a duffle type bag?

are you pegging these guys because they look italian?

Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    NY Post has been sh*tting itself on this story. What an embarrassment.
    The Post is a worthless POS rag, not worthy of being called a newspaper. Much like the British crap published by Murdoch in London.
    Both he, and his paper can kiss my hairy azzzzzzz. 2 times.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Porgyman View Post
    The Post is a worthless POS rag, not worthy of being called a newspaper. Much like the British crap published by Murdoch in London.
    Both he, and his paper can kiss my hairy azzzzzzz. 2 times.
    I don't necessarily disagree, but I feel an attachment to the Post. It always had a late addition so my old man would always get it for the ride home on the train. It would be in his briefcase when he got home, so that was the paper that I read to check the scores.

Its the dirtiest paper though. And I'm not talking about content. Your fingers are literally black after holding it.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    The investigation was almost ruined.
    By whomever inside Law Enforcement leaked all this information.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Arctor View Post
    By whomever inside Law Enforcement leaked all this information.
    Partly those 'individualS' are responsible, but giving the media any tidbit of information is like giving a pack of ravenous hyenas a KFC chicken tender with promises of the rest of the bucket. The media does what the media wants, without repercussions.