Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Marathon Terrorist Attack (MERGED)

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Not talking about the amnesty, although that is a discussion for the politics forum.

I am talking about increasing the amount of visas which has been proposed. Also, they are never going to single out a group of people like that.
    Why not? Our domestic laws can't single out anyone based on race or nationality, but our Immigration laws CAN and SHOULD discriminate in that manner. And it's not like there is a Chechen constituency that the government has to appease.

Hall Of Fame
    FOX is reporting that they were brothers. Source is the police so I guess it is accurate. Ages 26 (dead guy) and 19 (on the run).

And I just heard on CNN that the older brother posted on his FB page that he does not have any American friends and that he doesn't understand Americans. He doesn't drink or smoke. Something to that effect.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hit Stick View Post
    Why not? Our domestic laws can't single out anyone based on race or nationality, but our Immigration laws CAN and SHOULD discriminate in that manner.
    Yeah, immigration laws...that's a proven deterrent for keeping people out of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Yeah, immigration laws...that's a proven deterrent for keeping people out of the country.
    You're missing the point. These people were here LEGALLY. It's a little bit tougher for someone from Central Asia to come here illegally then it is a Mexican, who can just hop out of bed and run across the border. Mexico has immigration policy too, and I would imagine it does not include granting asylum to Chechens, so how again does a Chechen come illegally to the US? Bottom line---these people should never be in this country legally. That is a policy that must change.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    My guess...they off themselves before being caught.
    You called it! Last night was an attempt to get killed.

Hall Of Fame
    Guys lets keep this about the Marathon. Immigration laws are for the politics forum.

CNN reporting the brothers were Chechnyan Muslims. Have been in US for several years. One attended college. Entire city of Boston has now been asked to stay inside.

All Pro
    CNN reporting the brothers were Chechnyan Muslims. Have been in US for several years. One attended college. Entire city of Boston has now been asked to stay inside.
    The vast majority of Chechnyans are Muslim. If the press plays up that angle, IMO, that's being deliberately incendiary.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post

I was at the bar reporting this sh!t and no one cared. 40 minutes later it's on CNN and people start paying attention.
    Reporting...from the bar...while those of us who work....were asleep...and you're p*ssed that no one was paying attention to you.

Am I getting this right?

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

The vast majority of Chechnyans are Muslim. If the press plays up that angle, IMO, that's being deliberately incendiary.
    So...do you believe a CHristian Chechnyan would do this?

This angle should be ignored?

DOnt worry, the lib pandering press will most def. not "play it up".

CNN talking to a friend of the younger brother. Reports a conversation he had where the younger brother said "terrorism is not a big deal where he comes from." This is precisely my point. These people have been raised in a culture of unimaginable violence. Not their fault, but they have to be viewed as threats to national security simply by reason of their background.

Hall Of Fame
    FOX showing police/FBI surrounding a home.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hit Stick View Post
    CNN talking to a friend of the younger brother. Reports a conversation he had where the younger brother said "terrorism is not a big deal where he comes from." This is precisely my point. These people have been raised in a culture of unimaginable violence. Not their fault, but they have to be viewed as threats to national security simply by reason of their background.
    What?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Here we go.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Here we go.
    There was gunfire. Could have been breaching.

If he is in there they should just set the place on fire. Smoke'm out.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

How about ask if I believe a couple of angry white males would do this? DOnt worry, the conservative pandering press will most def. not "play it up" that they're white males.

Jets Insider VIP
    There was gunfire. Could have been breaching.

If he is in there they should just set the place on fire. Smoke'm out.
    Want it alive.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

Wouldn't be surprised if some of them popped corks after they found out that they weren't Arabs.

Jets Insider VIP
    define "play it up". just mentioning it? i think its been pretty well established that a certain group is in constant conflict with its neighbors, whether it be within one country or across the globe.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Want it alive.
    There is speculation that it is the suspect's house. Place might be rigged. Judging by the posture of the police, I don't think anyone is left inside.