Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Marathon Terrorist Attack (MERGED)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Yeah that picture is just so gut wrenching.
    Gut wrenching. The mom is smiling and cheering people on and the kid is standing just as most 7 year old would. Right up on the railing as little boys can never sit still and are always climbing on something.

This guy noticed all the kids around and dropped the bag anyways.

God bless you little man. I hope you are enjoying yourself and climbing fences in heaven.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah the uncle looks enraged right now.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    police officer killed (MIT)
    Kid was working MIT security, working towards becoming a Somerville police officer.

RIP young man.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the same essay, however, he hinted that he wasn't completely comfortable in the U.S., saying: "I don't have a single American friend, I don't understand them."
    He didn't have a single American friend partly because he didn't smoke and didn't drink. He also would not go shirtless when in the company of women. Islamic law forbade it. He described himself as a very religious Muslim.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That uncle is intense.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah the uncle looks enraged right now.
    No soup for you.

-

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    No soup for you.

-
    Reporter: "Any idea why they would do this?"

Uncle: "Being a loser."

I like him.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post
    He didn't have a single American friend partly because he didn't smoke and didn't drink. He also would not go shirtless when in the company of women. Islamic law forbade it. He described himself as a very religious Muslim.

I would wager many of these terrorists, domestic and foreign, have a history of frustration with women/sex and society in general whether it stems from religious beliefs or personal deficiencies. This has to come out somewhere and they project this angst onto the world around them.

Plus they are idiots.

-

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post

Apparently the younger one did drink and smoke though and was seemingly normal to classmates. How he was pulled into this seems to be more surprising but if he looked up to his brother, that probably explains it. Messed up world we live in. I just can't understand it

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would wager many of these terrorists, domestic and foreign, have a history of frustration with women/sex and society in general whether it stems from religious beliefs or personal deficiencies. This has to come out somewhere and they project this angst onto the world around them.

Plus they are idiots.

-
    The second point is spot on, the first is of course not. Bunch of people have been on the radio talking about the younger one...close friends, involved in HS sports, never talked about religion or anything...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Apparently the younger one did drink and smoke though and was seemingly normal to classmates. How he was pulled into this seems to be more surprising but if he looked up to his brother, that probably explains it. Messed up world we live in. I just can't understand it
    Yeah, it's actually pretty amazing how much people can change and be prayed upon. I've certainly seen people I thought I knew really well completely become different people relatively quickly through religion/tragedy/choices.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Plus they are idiots.

-
    Sexual oppression and not being able to eat pork. Can't be easy.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post

I like him.
    Indoobedly.

Say.... with all these relatives checking in from various states...

This begs the question, are there any Chechyans left in Chechyna?

Seems like everyone in the world is here and hating it.

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post

I like him.
    Yea he's probably pretty ashamed. I can't believe they haven't found this guy yet. He was in a shootout with the police, jacked a car and somehow escaped?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree!

But in this case these two were/are very religious Muslims. Which is to say, if they were Lutherans or Athiests none of this would have ever happened.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like everyone in the world is here and hating it.

-
    If Jet fandom was a nation, that would be an apt description for this website.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    The second point is spot on, the first is of course not. Bunch of people have been on the radio talking about the younger one...close friends, involved in HS sports, never talked about religion or anything...
    I've certainly seen people I thought I knew really well completely become different people relatively quickly through religion/tragedy/choices.
    Okee dokee.

-

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okee dokee.

-
    What exactly don't you agree on?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, it's actually pretty amazing how much people can change and be prayed upon. I've certainly seen people I thought I knew really well completely become different people relatively quickly through religion/tragedy/choices.
    Religion is certainly the most capable of completely transforming one's personality and identity. While far more benign, when someone becomes "born-again" they literally become a different person and it becomes impossible to interact with them in the same manner as which you did previously. It's a personality transplant. I would imagine "radicalization" as the same except with far more dire consequences.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Religion is certainly the most capable of completely transforming one's personality and identity. While far more benign, when someone becomes "born-again" they literally become a different person and it becomes impossible to interact with them in the same manner as which you did previously. It's a personality transplant. I would imagine "radicalization" as the same except with far more dire consequences.
    Yeah, I mean, I don't really see the jump to violence. I don't really understand how people can change like that. My point was, it is certainly clearly possible to happen, and swiftly at that.