Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Marathon Terrorist Attack (MERGED)

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I just saw a photo that should not be seen. Don't search Google Images tonight, just brutal what these injuries look like.

Prayers go out to Boston.

SAR I
    That picture should never have been published. No one needs to see that.

Jets Insider VIP
    That picture of the 8 year old boy running just ripped at your heart. So much life and its all been stolen from him and his family. Just brutal.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    If you are talking about that broad screaming questions..my blood was boiling.

-
    Sounded to me like a dude with a high-pitched voice. Think he was asking why they ordered radio silence. What a doosh.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    The 8 year old who died today.

So, so sorry little one. RIP.

Marathon Bombings - Are all our Chowds OK?

We give these guys a bunch of grief when it's about football. And they certainly give us a bunch of grief. But to our resident Pats fans (or any other members from that area) - please check in and let us know your family and friends are all safe.

Better question is, where was Stevie Johnson yesterday?

Jets Insider VIP
    Thanks for the caring thread!!!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Sounded to me like a dude with a high-pitched voice. Think he was asking why they ordered radio silence. What a doosh.
    You might be right, I was a little agitated.

Hope Patriot Reign is OK, dont expect him to post as all the Boston cops are on 12 hour shifts until further notice.

-

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    You might be right, I was a little agitated.

Hope Patriot Reign is OK, dont expect him to post as all the Boston cops are on 12 hour shifts until further notice.

-
    Yeah. They are working around the clock. Hopefully things calm down in the next couple of days and they can all return to some sort of normalcy.

waking up to a very different city today.

Can't say enough about the Boston Police, first responders, and doctors and nurses.

Fighting the urge to give up on humanity. People who volunteered to tend to running injuries in the medical tent instead trying to save lives due to lost limbs.

One quick story...nurse who was crossing the finish line...immediately ran to her hospital's ER...amazing.

No wise cracks today.

Veteran
    Yes, good thought Doggin, shocking news from Boston yesterday ... I hope all the Pats fans who contribute to this forum were far from harm's way yesterday.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

God Bless those affected by yesterday's attack. I hope our locals are all safe and sound.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

A former New England Patriots guard who once joined his three New York City firefighter brothers during a ceremony heralding the return of football following the Sept. 11 terror attacks witnessed another tragedy on Monday — and selflessly began helping those injured at the Boston Marathon.

Joe Andruzzi, who won three Super Bowl rings with the Patriots during five seasons, attended Monday’s race to support runners raising money for his foundation supporting cancer research, NFL.com reports. Andruzzi, who was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma in 2007, sprang into action following the bombings and appeared in a viral photograph on Twitter carrying a victim to safety.

“Jen and I are safe,” Andruzzi posted on Twitter on Monday, reassuring people who were concerned for him and his wife. “Thanks for all the tweets.”

Andruzzi later thanked emergency personnel in a subsequent message and released a statement thanking “countless individuals” who responded to bloodied and frightened marathon participants and their supporters.

“Marathon Monday should be about uplifting stories, personal challenges and fundraising milestones, but today’s bombings irrevocably change that,” Andruzzi said in a statement obtained by NFL.com. “While I appreciate the interest in hearing our perspective on today’s horrific events, the spotlight should remain firmly on the countless individuals — first responders, medics, EMTs, runners who crossed the finish line and kept on running straight to give blood, and the countless civilians who did whatever they could to save lives. They were the true heroes. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by this senseless tragedy.”

Andruzzi, who played 122 games during his nine-year career, retired in 2006 after two seasons with the Cleveland Browns.
    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/16...#ixzz2QdRguQ4e

Jets Insider VIP
    Just awful all around especially the little boy. The pictures floating around are disgusting on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    The 8 year old who died today.

Turns out this pic is a fake. A lame attempt to get sympathy re-tweets. Some people.

The boy who died was waiting at the finish line with his family to watch his father finish the race. http://www.dnaindia.com/world/182307...artin-richards

God bless the victims and first responders.
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 04-16-2013 at 10:28 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Turns out this pic is a fake. A lame attempt to get sympathy re-tweets. Some people.

God bless the victims and first responders.
    Sad thing is, I thought that as soon as I saw it.

How cynical am I?

Disgusting video online now...*******s looting a marathon t shirt stand.

They are going to feel real proud every time they put on that t-shirt.

Latest on investigation....apartment raided in Revere, MA last night, bags of evidence taken.

Jets Insider VIP
    These *******s again. I'd make the trip for this one. Going to picket the funerals in Boston

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/blog...ch_tweets.html

Sorry for the false picture. Can't trust anything on the Internet these days.

BTW, I get the feeling this one is going to be a domestic nut job. As stated, a Revere apartment (Revere is just north of Boston) was raided.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    These *******s again. I'd make the trip for this one. Going to picket the funerals in Boston

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/blog...ch_tweets.html
    Too bad someone bombed the marathon instead of their church. What would they blame it on then.

May a caring God bless the victims and their families.