Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Marathon Terrorist Attack (MERGED)

Jets Insider VIP

Boston Marathon Terrorist Attack (MERGED)

Not sure what is up yet but sounds like a lot of people are hurt and possible killed.

Details skethy so far. 2 explosions. Not sure if it was a bomb or some other type of explosion.

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Not sure what is up yet but sounds like a lot of people are hurt and possible killed.

Details skethy so far. 2 explosions. Not sure if it was a bomb or some other type of explosion.
    I was in the area with my kids just a couple of hours ago. Scary stuff. Hoping for non-life-threatening injuries and no fatalities.

Bewildered Beast

Bewildered Beast
    Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to bostonherald.com

Regarding that photo, I hope that stroller was left behind, and not in the explosion!

Bewildered Beast

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Holy sh*t.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    http://news.yahoo.com/two-explosions...9876--spt.html

BOSTON - Two explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon have resulted in injuries.

Bloody spectators were being carried Monday to the medical tent that had been set up to care for fatigued runners. Police wove through competitors as they ran back toward the course.

"There are a lot of people down," said one man, whose bib No. 17528 identified him as Frank Deruyter of North Carolina.

He was not injured, but marathon workers were carrying one woman, who did not appear to be a runner, to the medical area as blood gushed from her leg. A Boston police officer was wheeled from the course with a leg injury that was bleeding.

About three hours after the winners crossed the line, there was a loud explosion on the north side of Boylston Street, just before the photo bridge that marks the finish line.

Another explosion could be heard a few seconds later.

Sounds quite bad.

Quote Originally Posted by FOXNews.com
    DEVELOPING: Multiple casualties are reported after at least two explosions were heard near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, according to the Boston Herald.

Witnesses reportedly heard two booms that sounded like two claps of thunder near the finish line inside the Fairmount Copley Plaza Hotel.

The explosions occurred just before 3 p.m. Video of the scene showed a number of emergency crews in the area tending to victims and blood on the ground near the finish line.

"I saw two explosions. The first one was beyond the finish line. I heard a loud bang and I saw smoke rising," Boston Herald reporter Chris Cassidy, who was running in the marathon, told the newspaper. "I kept running and I heard behind me a loud bang. It looked like it was in a trash can or something...There are people who have been hit with debris, people with bloody foreheads.”

A photographer with Fox affiliate WFXT reported seeing a number of victims with lost limbs.

Jets Insider VIP

Unhappy God Bless Boston (Terrorist attack at Boston Marathon?)

Not good.

Initial Reports - Looks like at least 3 dead as two bombs go off within 20 seconds of each other at marathon finish line.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®

2 EXPLOSIONS AT THE BOSTON MARATHON

Thought you may want to read this posted in the non-football forum.....it happened at 2:45 today...........

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=255103

All League
    Wow!! scary looking. lots of blood. Thoughts and prayers.

Hall Of Fame
    First reaction is terrorism, just because of the high concentration of people and symbolically its Patriots Day in Boston. Sad and ANGERED.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    From the Boston Herald..

Two huge blasts rock Boston Marathon finish line

Monday, April 15, 2013
    PrintEmail Comments (1)

By: Jordan Graham

Two huge explosions rocked the Boston Marathon finish line at Copley Square just before 3 p.m. today, apparently causing numerous casualties on streets crowded with runners, spectators and post-race partiers.

“I saw two explosions. The first one was beyond the finish line. I heard a loud bang and I saw smoke rising,” said Herald reporter Chris Cassidy, who was running in the marathon.“I kept running and I heard behind me a loud bang. It looked like it was in a trash can or something. That one was in front of Abe and Louie’s. There are people who have been hit with debris, people with bloody foreheads.”

“There are at least a dozen that seem to be injured in some way,” Cassidy said.

Chris McIntosh, publisher of the Boston Business Journal who was at the Lenox Hotel near the scene, said, “It’s chaos down here. Two bombs just went off at the finish line within five seconds of each other. There must be casualties. Now I’m seeing fire trucks and ambulances racing down Boylston Street toward the scene.”

David O’Neil of westboro said he saw glass blown out of a restaurant window on Boylston Street.

“Just a really loud explosion, glass and smoke everywhere. We just ran,” O’Neil said. He said he found what appeared to be a shotgun pellet in his coat pocket seconds later.

Stunned and crying people could be seen walking away from the scene down Beacon Street.

Jets Insider VIP
    What are the odds this was from a gas leak or something?

several injured is all I can find right now. Prayers

Hall Of Fame
    Extra security measures now being put in place in NYC.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    What are the odds this was from a gas leak or something?
    Low.

Hopefully. But I doubt it.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Low.

Hopefully. But I doubt it.

No chance this was an accident.

I'm heading up there now. Once I find anything the news doesn't report, I'll report it here.

Everyone on high alert.

God Bless.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I'm heading up there now. Once I find anything the news doesn't report, I'll report it here.

Everyone on high alert.

God Bless.
    Be safe.