Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Marathon Terrorist Attack (MERGED)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    A few more eerie scenes...

Rush Hour on the Mass Pike heading into Boston:

Faneuil Hall

One of the busiest intersection in the city...
    http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIN3owRCMAEMDaW.jpg
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 04-19-2013 at 11:26 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty crazy to see the commons is that deserted.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    They could pass for eye-talians.

Being Italian, I can tell you that just like you can tell a Japanese from Chinese from Korean, I knew they weren't Italian. The nose (although large) is all wrong (not typical Italian nose - stereotype yes, but no more so than saying someone looks Asian or Indian). The nose is too straight.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This father is a moron. Yeah, your kid was a good, quiet kid. He'd never do this. The cops are lying about that he threw a bomb at them and then got shot and that the other kid is saying he's going to kill everyone like they killed his brother.

Yeah, true angels alright.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    This father is a moron. Yeah, your kid was a good, quiet kid. He'd never do this. The cops are lying about that he threw a bomb at them and then got shot and that the other kid is saying he's going to kill everyone like they killed his brother.

If I were the dad, I would have hung up the phone with the reporter and blown my brains out. Imagine bringing those pieces of crap into the world.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    They could pass for eye-talians.
    You really have a bad eye.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget that he's innocent (father) yet, he's got explosives, assault rifles, and is running for his life. He must have picked them up at the 7 - 11 he was reportedly at.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Being Italian, I can tell you that just like you can tell a Japanese from Chinese from Korean, I knew they weren't Italian. The nose (although large) is all wrong (not typical Italian nose - stereotype yes, but no more so than saying someone looks Asian or Indian). The nose is too straight.
    I've got an Italian nephew who has an almost identical profile to Supect #2. In fact, I'm thinking he should stay in the house for a couple of days.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    According to Suspect #2's Facebook page his world view is Islam and he belongs to a group called Salamworld, a sort-of Islamic Facebook.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    If I were the dad, I would have hung up the phone with the reporter and blown my brains out. Imagine bringing those pieces of crap into the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Don't forget that he's innocent (father) yet, he's got explosives, assault rifles, and is running for his life. He must have picked them up at the 7 - 11 he was reportedly at.
    Sad. Really sad.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's pretty obvious that the twitter account is fake.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://espn.go.com/boston/story/_/id...ng-aspirations

Tsarnaev chased boxing dream

At one point, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the alleged Boston Marathon bomber who was killed Thursday night, was an aspiring boxer who said "I like the USA" after a successful bout and had dreams of boxing for the U.S. Olympic team.

According to the Lowell Sun, Tsarnaev, who came to the U.S. from Chechnya in in 2003, won a Golden Gloves novice fight at the 178-pound weight division in January 2004.

"I wanted to fight in the Gloves to see how I would do," Tsarnaev said at the time, according to the Sun. "So far, so good."

He added, according to the Sun: "I like the USA ... America has a lot of jobs. That's something Russia doesn't have. You have a chance to make money here if you are willing to work."

Tsarnaev continued his boxing career. According to multiple media reports, he took part in a number of regional bouts and, according to the Sun, won the prestigious Rocky Marciano Trophy as the New England heavyweight champ a number of years later.

According to reports, he was studying engineering at Bunker Hill Community College in Boston but took a leave of absence to train for the Golden Gloves Tournament of Champions in Salt Lake City in 2009.

According to the official website of the Golden Gloves, Tsarnaev did participate in the 201-pound division in 2009 but lost a decision to Lamar Fenner of Chicago.

In a photo essay leading up to the Golden Gloves bouts, he said he thought he could use boxing to earn American citizenship, going so far as to say he thought he could make the U.S. Olympic team.

In the same essay, however, he hinted that he wasn't completely comfortable in the U.S., saying: "I don't have a single American friend, I don't understand them."

Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, and his brother Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, have been the prime suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings that killed three and wounded more than 170. Late Thursday night, they killed an MIT police officer and hurled explosives at police in a car chase and gun battle that left Tamerlan Tsarnaev dead, according to authorities. Police were still searching for his brother Friday morning.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was an athlete in his own right. He attended Cambridge Rindge and Latin School in Cambridge, Mass., and competed on the wrestling team. In 2011, he was named a Greater Boston League Winter All Star, according to multiple reports.

He earned a $2,500 college scholarship from Cambridge in 2011 and was reportedly a student at UMass-Dartmouth.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh....

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Ugh....

-

Goddamn.

Goddamnit.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah that picture is just so gut wrenching.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Yes but I make a horrible nemesis.

Way too lazy.

Klecko took alot out of me years back. I've never really been the same.

Kinda like Ali after Frazier.
    Too bad. Those Ali-Frazier battles were classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod View Post
    I just called our local CBS affilliate and the assclown that answered the phone told me that they are showing the Dolphins-Cardinals game at 4 on Sunday.

Douchebag: Well, Tom Brady isn't playing.

Me: Brett Favre is playing.

Douchebag: That's true, Brett Favre is playing and we will be showing some Jets games this year but just not this week.

Me: Don't you think you'd get better ratings with the Jets-Pats than Dolphins-Cardinals? It's a much more appealing game.

Douchebag: That's your opinion.

Me: What if you got tons of phone calls and emails asking to show the Jets game?

Douchebag: Well, it would have to be quite a flood of people asking for that game and right now, believe it or not, there is a bigger flood for Miami.

Me: That's because local Dolphins fans were probably scared their game wouldn't be on so they called in because they suck.

Douchebag hangs up on me.

Help me get the game on locally JI:

programming@cbs47.com

(904) 996-0400 (ask for the programming department.)

Wow that's shocking. Not that a Florida TV station is showing a Florida game, but that the Douchebag failed to be swayed by your usual smooth, respectful, well thought-out logic. It always work on me.

After he hung up did you try and ban him?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Ugh....

-
    Muther f#cker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How can they not have found him yet??

Please take him alive, he could have very useful information, don't want him getting the easy way out (death)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the uncle is RussianGreen.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the uncle is RussianGreen.
    Not drunk enough.