Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64654555657 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1138

Thread: Boston Marathon Terrorist Attack (MERGED)

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Catching this dirtbag alive and wounded is the best possible outcome IMO. Now make him talk by whatever means possible.

A side note to all the Jets fans here who have stayed classy, held onto their humanity, and reached out to the people of Boston putting all rivalry to the side these past few days. Surprisingly, it's not always the case on at least one other Jets board. So I want to take this opportunity to say thank you. The support we received from all of NY and especially those who post here at JI has helped renew my faith in humanity. No small feat given how fragile that faith becomes after such senseless violence to so many innocents.
    *sniff* Awww, how can I ban you for that? I'll find a way; somehow. But, tonight...we're kind of friends.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Borgo posted this in the 27 thread...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmV6yfVsKzM

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So ends what is possibly the second most improbable week in Boston history. A lot of people tonight are relieved, happy, in some cases proud. Not just in New England and the Northeast but across the country. Justifiably so. Still, IMO, just as important is how we process and respond to this week's events in the days and months ahead.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The people of Boston standing as a wall to block the Westboro Baptist Church's access to the funerals of the 3 dead yesterday. Sang God Bless America while standing there.

Last edited by CleatMarks; 04-20-2013 at 12:45 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    The people of Boston standing as a wall to block the Westboro Baptist Church's access to the funerals of the 3 dead yesterday. Sang God Bless America while standing there.

Anonymous hacked their facebook page as well. Church leaders have been changed to include Marilyn Manson and Cap'n Crunch. Among other things, they are posting cheesy 80's ballads with comments like "let's all get gay to this song". LOLz.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Westb...041300?fref=ts.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @OurGreatAmerica:

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev,

I have bad news for you. We never lose at Hide and Seek, just ask Bin Laden and Saddam. Good Luck.

Sincerely,
    America
    Hey, kid.

You just lost.

Coward.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was deployed to the Allston-Brighton area on the Watertown border. It was surreal seeing the literally hundreds of different police agencies all there for the same thing. There were so many cops that we became a part of the landscape…DEA agents one corner, cops from Barnstable (from Cape Cod) on another. The only time I did a double take was seeing the occasional (non support) civilian who dared to venture outside. Every once in a while when there was a moment of down time you’d give a nod to a cop/fed from another agency as you crossed paths. Nothing was usually said as it didn’t have to be. I never met 99% of the cops/feds before that day as you’d need to live 200 years before that would be possible. The nod said it all…acknowledging the common purpose that we were going to get that motherf-cker at all costs. I’d like to say I was directly involved in the apprehension but I was not, in fact my assignment was far from that location. The assorted tactical units took the forefront there but simply knowing I played a part, however infinitesimal, made all the BS I’ve experienced over the years worth it.

The unrelenting sense of purpose encapsulated in those mutual nods is something I will never forget. I felt every emotion over the past few days. My relief and euphoria is tempered by the fact I will soon witness a devastated family grieving at the funeral for their beloved 26 year old son.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    I was deployed to the Allston-Brighton area on the Watertown border. It was surreal seeing the literally hundreds of different police agencies all there for the same thing. There were so many cops that we became a part of the landscape…DEA agents one corner, cops from Barnstable (from Cape Cod) on another. The only time I did a double take was seeing the occasional (non support) civilian who dared to venture outside. Every once in a while when there was a moment of down time you’d give a nod to a cop/fed from another agency as you crossed paths. Nothing was usually said as it didn’t have to be. I never met 99% of the cops/feds before that day as you’d need to live 200 years before that would be possible. The nod said it all…acknowledging the common purpose that we were going to get that motherf-cker at all costs. I’d like to say I was directly involved in the apprehension but I was not, in fact my assignment was far from that location. The assorted tactical units took the forefront there but simply knowing I played a part, however infinitesimal, made all the BS I’ve experienced over the years worth it.

The unrelenting sense of purpose encapsulated in those mutual nods is something I will never forget. I felt every emotion over the past few days. My relief and euphoria is tempered by the fact I will soon witness a devastated family grieving at the funeral for their beloved 26 year old son.
    Thanks for all of the hard work as my son and his grandmother were watching from Lord and Taylor not more than 30 minutes before the blast.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well done PR.

And now, for some much needed levity -

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Get your peebag unhooked first, hoss.

Aint nobody got time for that mess.

-
    The guy in the cowboy hat is expecting you apology.

ALSO....wonder what happened to Sloppy Guy?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    FOX reporting that he has two gunshot wounds. One of them is to the head/neck area.

Couldn't draw it up any better than that. Shot in the facial area and still alive.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    FBI is in big trouble after this.
    Why you say that dude? I'm not following here.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    The older brother was on a watch list. They were told by a "foreign" government to watch him, and that he has Jihadist ties (in 2010). He left the country for 6 months and returned. May have learned how to "cause trouble" during that time. No follow up checks. No we're in this situation.

FBI has some explaining to do.
    So you're telling me after 9/11 when depts weren't talking we expanded government with HOmeland security to over see all and this still happens?

Our government and polical party system is a joke and utter disgrace. No way that 4yr old should have died.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I hope so, after 9/11 we all realized (here in NYC) how friggin useless they are. Thats why Ray Kelly, whom I'm not a huge fan of for other reasons, virtually duplicated their counter terrorism roles with NYPD. As a former FED, he knew they were idiots.

Was a big wake up call.

Congrats to my Boston bros.!

-
    Every agency made changes after 9-11, Ray Kelly destroyed US Customs and ran back to NYPD. NYPD terrorism squad has a ton of dumb and illegal sh1t over the years.
    All agencies worked together and were successful but hey feel free to make sure you inject the typical NYPD arrogance into the thread.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Every agency made changes after 9-11, Ray Kelly destroyed US Customs and ran back to NYPD. NYPD terrorism squad has a ton of dumb and illegal sh1t over the years.
    All agencies worked together and were successful but hey feel free to make sure you inject the typical NYPD arrogance into the thread.
    You bring nothing to JI and never have.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    You bring nothing to JI and never have.
    LOL, that hurts.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    You know what else they have done? They have saved lives. I don't give a rat's ass if they profile people.

I think the BPD did an excellent job but those bombs don't go off in NY. The terrorists know the surveillance in Manhattan is among the most advanced in the world. Once someone puts something on the ground the cameras notice it and lock onto them and can follow them for miles. Very few soft targets left in Manhattan. Pretty much the only way a terrorist would succeed is if he was wearing a vest.

Hopefully the BPD learns from this and models their counter-terrorism efforts after what the NYPD has done. FBI will be obsolete.

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Government-...System-657842/
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/...-08NYPDPR.aspx
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/26061...on_system.html
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 04-20-2013 at 09:44 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    You know what else they have done? They have saved lives. I don't give a rat's ass if they profile people.

I think the BPD did an excellent job but those bombs don't go off in NY. The terrorists know the surveillance in Manhattan is among the most advanced in the world. Once someone puts something on the ground the cameras notice it and lock onto them and can follow them for miles. Very few soft targets left in Manhattan. Pretty much the only way a terrorist would succeed is if he was wearing a vest.

Hopefully the BPD learns from this and models their counter-terrorism efforts after what the NYPD has done. FBI will be obsolete.
    A hot dog vendor saved the day with car bomb in Times Square.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    How is I think you look suspicious to I don't, profiling. That's just doing a job correctly.