Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Marathon Terrorist Attack (MERGED)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    as usual, the frantic first reports are going to be inaccurate. the guy was a saudi, he was there, he naturally gets grilled but it wasnt him .

Ill bet you ANYTHING this will be a domestic terrorist. foreign guys make more powerful bombs.......

Stay safe guys if you are nearby

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, this is nuts.

We may all hate your ghey football team, but we hope all of you Bostonians and any Hampurites are all safe today.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had two friends running today and both had their families sitting at the finish line. Thankfully I've heard from both and both them and their families are all accounted for and safe.

Tragic.

Here's hoping that everyone on this board that is up there/knows someone up there/etc. doesn't get any bad news.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    From what I've heard, the guests from Newtown were unharmed. There were two other devices that were detonated with water cannons and cell phone service was shutdown as a precaution. I got all that from various Twitter feeds, so take it for what it's worth.

Little scary to think that if this is international, the NYC Bike Marathon is up soon. That covers 5 boros and 10s of thousands of cyclists.

Best thoughts going out to our Boston brethren. Stay safe, chowds.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Horrible cowardly event. I had 2 family members and several friends running today. Thankfully all are safe. God bless to all affected. The scar of this will remain for a long time.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    about three hours ago, I suggested we can the speculation and wait for some facts

since then....

1. no saudi national under guard at any hospital as a suspect --

2. no third explosion at the Kennedy Library

one piece of good news

Cleatmarks heard from his wife and she is OK and back home

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boston Globe is confirming that one of the two dead is an 8 year old boy.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...ijL/story.html

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Boston Globe is confirming that one of the two dead is an 8 year old boy.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...ijL/story.html

Jeebus.

I heard over 500 injured? Frankly I can't have the TV on with the kids around, also while Im trying to get their homework done, so I had to turn it off.

Just think how insane the security is going to be for the Snow Bowl in 2014.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Jeebus.

I heard over 500 injured? Frankly I can't have the TV on with the kids around, also while Im trying to get their homework done, so I had to turn it off.

Just think how insane the security is going to be for the Snow Bowl in 2014.
    Local TV is saying 98 injured on CBS and 104 injured on ABC. No where near 500.

New report in says they found 2 more unexploded devices, one in a nearby hotel, and another possibly in a hospital parking garage.

And as sick as this is, the bombs were seemingly designed and placed to injure and maim lower extremities. Several people lost one or both legs in the explosions. Sick fukers.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    as usual, the frantic first reports are going to be inaccurate. the guy was a saudi, he was there, he naturally gets grilled but it wasnt him .

Ill bet you ANYTHING this will be a domestic terrorist. foreign guys make more powerful bombs.......

Stay safe guys if you are nearby
    pretty much. fits the sensationalistic news reporting. quick... arrest an arab!

Thoughts are with you Beantown.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    pretty much. fits the sensationalistic news reporting. quick... arrest an arab!

Thoughts are with you Beantown.
    The guy in question was seen running from the scene and had burns on his hands. Not sure it's fair to imply racism at work, but he has apparently been exonerated.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    CNN just confirmed that there is a Saudi national that is a person of interest being treated at a local hospital. So I guess the earlier reports were accurate.

There also said that multiple persons of interest have been questioned since the attack.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    CNN just confirmed that there is a Saudi national that is a person of interest being treated at a local hospital. So I guess the earlier reports were accurate.

There also said that multiple persons of interest have been questioned since the attack.
    Local news has said the Saudi national has been released and exonerated.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone else here the nut job shouting asinine questions at that press conference. Control your press corps Boston

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just saw a photo that should not be seen. Don't search Google Images tonight, just brutal what these injuries look like.

Prayers go out to Boston.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    The guy in question was seen running from the scene and had burns on his hands. Not sure it's fair to imply racism at work, but he has apparently been exonerated.
    when you watch the video, a lot of people were running from the scene with injuries.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Local TV is saying 98 injured on CBS and 104 injured on ABC. No where near 500.

New report in says they found 2 more unexploded devices, one in a nearby hotel, and another possibly in a hospital parking garage.

And as sick as this is, the bombs were seemingly designed and placed to injure and maim lower extremities. Several people lost one or both legs in the explosions. Sick fukers.
    ya i noticed a lot of open leg wounds...gashes and torn trousers.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joe Andruzzi helping at the Marathon. As you probably know, he has 3 brothers with the NYFD that responded to 9/11.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I just saw a photo that should not be seen. Don't search Google Images tonight, just brutal what these injuries look like.

Prayers go out to Boston.

SAR I
    I think we saw the same one. When the news sites tag a photo with "viewer discretion advised" they mean it. Just horrific.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    I think we saw the same one. When the news sites tag a photo with "viewer discretion advised" they mean it. Just horrific.
    well which one is it and why havent i come across it? is it the one taken from the 3rd floor showing the blood