Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Marathon Terrorist Attack (MERGED)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    I think we saw the same one. When the news sites tag a photo with "viewer discretion advised" they mean it. Just horrific.

talking about the guy with just tibias below the knee? I saw one of a little girl laying in a pool of blood. I thought of my son who had just left the area with his grandmother and started bawling. She lives in Boston and they go to the finish every year. They were at Lord and Taylor's until they left and were just getting back into her car when the explosions went off.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just got home. Was at the marathon with my kids to watch my wife run. About a mile from the finish line. Awful for the families of the dead and wounded. The reactions of the responders on site--police, paramedics, national guard--was truly amazing to see. The story spread out to the runners and spectators slowly...at first I overheard a few people nearby talking about an explosion. Then there was a helicopter in the air I hadn't noticed earlier. Then three national guard guys went running by. Then a few ambulances (but there are always a few of those on marathon day). I kept trying to check on my phone to see what was going on but couldn't get a connectiion...it turned out they had shut the network down to prevent phones being used as remote detonators. All this unfolded slowly over fifteen or twenty minutes.

But then a national guard trooper with a worried look on his face came along, asking to check in the bags of picnickers. He confirmed the story about the explosions. And then all of a sudden several convoys of ambulances shot past in quick succession heading away from downtown while at the same time on the other side of the road a fleet of police vehicles came roaring up the race route.We heard that up ahead they were diverting runners away from the finish line. And then five minutes late a group of police and national guard put up barriers across the road where we were standing, shutting down the race route. The runners were still coming but were forced onto the sidewalks with the spectators. All that time, even as it got more and more serious I was hoping it was some overblown reaction to something incidental...a generator fire or something.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    talking about the guy with just tibias below the knee? I saw one of a little girl laying in a pool of blood. I thought of my son who had just left the area with his grandmother and started bawling. She lives in Boston and they go to the finish every year. They were at Lord and Taylor's until they left and were just getting back into her car when the explosions went off.
    Just horrific. Very glad your son and mother (in-law?) are OK.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, that was the photo.

Thank God your son got out okay. What a horrible thing.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Just got home. Was at the marathon with my kids to watch my wife run. About a mile from the finish line. Awful for the families of the dead and wounded. The reactions of the responders on site--police, paramedics, national guard--was truly amazing to see. The story spread out to the runners and spectators slowly...at first I overheard a few people nearby talking about an explosion. Then there was a helicopter in the air I hadn't noticed earlier. Then three national guard guys went running by. Then a few ambulances (but there are always a few of those on marathon day). I kept trying to check on my phone to see what was going on but couldn't get a connectiion...it turned out they had shut the network down to prevent phones being used as remote detonators. All this unfolded slowly over fifteen or twenty minutes.

But then a national guard trooper with a worried look on his face came along, asking to check in the bags of picnickers. He confirmed the story about the explosions. And then all of a sudden several convoys of ambulances shot past in quick succession heading away from downtown while at the same time on the other side of the road a fleet of police vehicles came roaring up the race route.We heard that up ahead they were diverting runners away from the finish line. And then five minutes late a group of police and national guard put up barriers across the road where we were standing, shutting down the race route. The runners were still coming but were forced onto the sidewalks with the spectators. All that time, even as it got more and more serious I was hoping it was some overblown reaction to something incidental...a generator fire or something.
    Wow, just wow.

How did you find your wife? How long did it take to reconnect with her?

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Just horrific. Very glad your son and mother (in-law?) are OK.

Yes, they're fine. He was supposed to come home tonight but he's going to stay with her at least tonight while things are crazy.

In a note of human kindness, many many marathoners have been reporting to local hospitals to give blood. Please give if you can. Anything helps.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ahhh the tibia guy in the wheelchair? yea just saw it.

brutal

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Anyone else here the nut job shouting asinine questions at that press conference. Control your press corps Boston
    If you are talking about that broad screaming questions..my blood was boiling.

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post

Glad you and yours are OK.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope they torture the MFers who did this.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a sad day today.

Left Fenway with my brother after a walk-off win and I swear I thought to myself what a ****ing glorious day it was and how much fun Boston is on beautiful Marathon Monday. In a matter of seconds the city was in a panic.

****ing cowards set bombs that kill 8 year old children. Mixed emotions of wanting to killing these mother ****ers and utter sadness over what evil can do. There are so many good people...you see that on a day like today...but a few evil mother****ers can do so much harm.

God bless those who were killed, those injured and fighting for their lives right now, and the amazing first responders and the doctors and nurses trying right now to save lives.

Now the ****ing animal press shouting questions at doctors: "How many amputations?!" "what was the most gruesome thing you saw today?"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Wow, just wow.

How did you find your wife? How long did it take to reconnect with her?

SAR I
    It took hours. They diverted the runners and then stopped them short of 26.2 miles...my wife said they put metal barriers across the street and cops were shouting to the runners the the race was over. They put them onto busses and drove them to the Boston Common which was cordoned off by swat teams. Nobody had phone reception (well, a few texts got through) but none of the runners had phones on them anyway. They shut down two of the subway lines so there was no way to get to the Common even if you were crazy enough to get on the subway at that point. A couple hours later my wife was able to send me a text from a borrowed phone. An hour after that things had cleared up enough to pick her up. One thing that helped the responders...since it was race day there were a lot fewer cars on the streets...once the runners were forced of of the roadways the streets were empty.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Thoughts and prayers go out to our beloved chowds. I mean that sincerely. Boston is a great city with tons of character and identity. Good people too.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    What a sad day today.

Left Fenway with my brother after a walk-off win and I swear I thought to myself what a ****ing glorious day it was and how much fun Boston is on beautiful Marathon Monday. In a matter of seconds the city was in a panic.
    Your commentary on the weather gives me chills. I don't have to remind any New Yorkers what the weather was like on the morning of 9/11/2001.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 8 year old who died today.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Christ.

-

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    God bless that little boy and his family and everyone who was affected today by this tradegy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Thoughts and prayers go out to our beloved chowds. I mean that sincerely. Boston is a great city with tons of character and identity. Good people too.

Your commentary on the weather gives me chills. I don't have to remind any New Yorkers what the weather was like on the morning of 9/11/2001.
    Ughhh this posts hits home.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    I have to say I've been dreading a day like today for years and since 9/11 have often wondered why there has never been an attack like the one today since its not that uncommon in other countries.

In the past many have said its due to our superior homeland security but after today's events, which occured amidst a sea of security and law enforcement, it's clear we've just been lucky.

I pray for the victims and pray even harder that this isn't the beginning of a new way of life in America. Very scary.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    I have to say I've been dreading a day like today for years and since 9/11 have often wondered why there has never been an attack like the one today since its not that uncommon in other countries.

In the past many have said its due to our superior homeland security but after today's events, which occured amidst a sea of security and law enforcement, it's clear we've just been lucky.

I pray for the victims and pray even harder that this isn't the beginning of a new way of life in America. Very scary.
    I really do think a lot of it has to do with our superior homeland security... We simply can't monitor hundreds of millions of people at home plus billions abroad without something getting through the cracks... It's an impossible feat.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I really do think a lot of it has to do with our superior homeland security... We simply can't monitor hundreds of millions of people at home plus billions abroad without something getting through the cracks... It's an impossible feat.
    Thats the thing.

The area was cleared in the morning, bomb sniffing dogs too.

But with a crowd of thousands and small bombs...