Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657
Results 1,121 to 1,138 of 1138

Thread: Boston Marathon Terrorist Attack (MERGED)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

I think the BPD did an excellent job but those bombs don't go off in NY. The terrorists know the surveillance in Manhattan is among the most advanced in the world. Once someone puts something on the ground the cameras notice it and lock onto them and can follow them for miles.
    While I agree NYC is more advanced in surveillance, I don't see how they prevent that bomb from going off.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    While I agree NYC is more advanced in surveillance, I don't see how they prevent that bomb from going off.
    Especially a suicide bomber.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    A hot dog vendor saved the day with car bomb in Times Square.
    Civilians are often the first line of defense. "If you see something, say something."

The technology I was referring to is new. Post Times Square. I am sure Boston will be getting a similar system. Probably already have it some places.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Civilians are often the first line of defense. "If you see something, say something."

The technology I was referring to is new. Post Times Square. I am sure Boston will be getting a similar system. Probably already have it some places.
    That technology may or may not of stopped something like what happened in Boston.

Hall Of Fame
    You're right. I shouldn't have been absolute in saying that it won't happen. But the very presence of the surveillance is a great deterrent and has proven to be so in NYC.

This new wave of terrorists look for extremely easy targets. Martyrdom is not as important. They way to place a bomb and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Especially a suicide bomber.
    Can't prevent a guy with a vest. If he drives up, runs out and pushes the button there is nothing you can do.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    I was deployed to the Allston-Brighton area on the Watertown border. It was surreal seeing the literally hundreds of different police agencies all there for the same thing. There were so many cops that we became a part of the landscape…DEA agents one corner, cops from Barnstable (from Cape Cod) on another. The only time I did a double take was seeing the occasional (non support) civilian who dared to venture outside. Every once in a while when there was a moment of down time you’d give a nod to a cop/fed from another agency as you crossed paths. Nothing was usually said as it didn’t have to be. I never met 99% of the cops/feds before that day as you’d need to live 200 years before that would be possible. The nod said it all…acknowledging the common purpose that we were going to get that motherf-cker at all costs. I’d like to say I was directly involved in the apprehension but I was not, in fact my assignment was far from that location. The assorted tactical units took the forefront there but simply knowing I played a part, however infinitesimal, made all the BS I’ve experienced over the years worth it.

The unrelenting sense of purpose encapsulated in those mutual nods is something I will never forget. I felt every emotion over the past few days. My relief and euphoria is tempered by the fact I will soon witness a devastated family grieving at the funeral for their beloved 26 year old son.
    Great job all around. Enjoy the public adulation while you can, it wont last long!

The guy in the cowboy hat is expecting you apology.

ALSO....wonder what happened to Sloppy Guy?

COwboy guy was visited, interviewed and had property removed early on in the investigation, fyi, sparky.

Every agency made changes after 9-11, Ray Kelly destroyed US Customs and ran back to NYPD. NYPD terrorism squad has a ton of dumb and illegal sh1t over the years.
    All agencies worked together and were successful but hey feel free to make sure you inject the typical NYPD arrogance into the thread.
    Go read up on what the FBI knew about the older brother prior to this attack and get back to me.

-

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Go read up on what the FBI knew about the older brother prior to this attack and get back to me.

-
    Feel free to enlighten me.

That technology may or may not of stopped something like what happened in Boston.
    Just like gun control - you can ban everything, and can have a million cameras, but you can't stop someone who wants to hurt people.

that person, that Jihadist, that mentally unstable person, that hateful evil son of a ***** needs to be identified and dealt with otherwise he'll find a way.

Just like in the Dark Knight; Some people just want to see the world burn.

It's up to the good guys to keep the bad guys away from here.

All League
    Great job all around. Enjoy the public adulation while you can, it wont last long!
    I give it till Wednesday...

COwboy guy was visited, interviewed and had property removed early on in the investigation, fyi, sparky.
    +1. The guy was never charged with anything. People don't realize that you actually have to investigate some people to rule them out as suspects.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Still, would it kill you to say somethng nice to him?

Feelings were hurt.

Actually did you see the pic of him helping...kudos to him.

So, the J_tsar twitter account since yesterday has had tweets and follows removed. Nevermind the 80k new followers.

I'm guessing maybe things he re-tweeted were deleted by the original authors? And maybe someone just took down their twitter account altogether to fall out of his list of followers?

Some crazy **** in there though.

Last year, on April 16, which was marathon Monday, this little piece of **** wrote a tweet that is apparently a paraphrase of an extremist Muslim ideal.

Throughout the feed, if you read it all, it's about 90% of this kid trying to sound like a typical American slap-dick, saying things that champion money, material goods and whatnot. Really resonated with me as disingenuous, considering the peppers the feed with Islamic philosophy, which directly contradicts what he's saying. He does a mediocre job of feigning American teen values.

As you read it though, you can't miss the times where he makes reference to celebrating September 11th, and the cryptic posts taking action, or the tweets where he almost speaks in metaphors about bombs, explosions, alarms going off, and there's an interesting pic where the clock = death.

I don't know if this piece of **** was consciously or unconsciously breadcrumbing things, but it's there... and if he was foreshadowing things as far back as last year, I'd have to imagine this was a plan in the works for a while and they had to absolutely have help.

I truly, truly hope they can turn this ***** and get him to talk.

Have you guys seen the photos of the Navy Seals all over the bomb site? Before and after the blast? The conspiracy theory is that they had something to do with it... I think that's insane... however, it does kind of make me suspect they might have had some idea an attack was imminent, and they just failed to stop it?

They are literally crawling all over the finish line area, and after the explosion did nothing to help. They were running around with what some people speculate are radiation detectors, and others went immediately to the opposite side of the street under the bleachers to retrieve something.

Then they left (based on the narrative provided by the whoever posted the photos).

There's no denying they look like defense contractors or Seals, or that they are equipped. I just think the conspiracy that they were behind it is insane... they are all over the photos. Some say they were conducting bomb drills, not sure that's credible or not.

It would be nice to know what their role was in being there... out of curiosity.

Jets Insider VIP

-
    After years of listening to my brother in law, NYPD, say exactly what you are, I chalked it up to rivalry, jealousy etc. Now, I'm Not so sure you and he aren't on or close to target.

In my realm, the SEC was handed Madoff years before the scandal and did nothing.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post

Ill bet you ANYTHING this will be a domestic terrorist. foreign guys make more powerful bombs.......
    You should join Catch and Release's crack detective squad...he can't find his own azz with both hands either

at least it was a Caucasian!

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    How is I think you look suspicious to I don't, profiling. That's just doing a job correctly.
    If your job is writing a coherent sentence, then no, it wasn't.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    I was deployed to the Allston-Brighton area on the Watertown border. It was surreal seeing the literally hundreds of different police agencies all there for the same thing. There were so many cops that we became a part of the landscape…DEA agents one corner, cops from Barnstable (from Cape Cod) on another. The only time I did a double take was seeing the occasional (non support) civilian who dared to venture outside. Every once in a while when there was a moment of down time you’d give a nod to a cop/fed from another agency as you crossed paths. Nothing was usually said as it didn’t have to be. I never met 99% of the cops/feds before that day as you’d need to live 200 years before that would be possible. The nod said it all…acknowledging the common purpose that we were going to get that motherf-cker at all costs. I’d like to say I was directly involved in the apprehension but I was not, in fact my assignment was far from that location. The assorted tactical units took the forefront there but simply knowing I played a part, however infinitesimal, made all the BS I’ve experienced over the years worth it.

The unrelenting sense of purpose encapsulated in those mutual nods is something I will never forget. I felt every emotion over the past few days. My relief and euphoria is tempered by the fact I will soon witness a devastated family grieving at the funeral for their beloved 26 year old son.
    My team got kicked loose literally five minutes before it all came to an end. We were pissed. Not because we're hard-os and want to get in shoot outs, but having been there all week, it sucked not being there when we know we might be helpful. I'm just glad no one else got hurt. Watertown folks were very nice and accepting. Even came across a jet's fan. Same with Boston.

For such a big operation, I thought it ran really well.

Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    My team got kicked loose literally five minutes before it all came to an end. We were pissed. Not because we're hard-os and want to get in shoot outs, but having been there all week, it sucked not being there when we know we might be helpful. I'm just glad no one else got hurt. Watertown folks were very nice and accepting. Even came across a jet's fan. Same with Boston.

For such a big operation, I thought it ran really well.
    Stanley! I had no idea you were on the force (BPD or BFD?). I take back all the chit I said about you. Instead, let me thank you for your service. Truly.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Stanley! I had no idea you were on the force (BPD or BFD?). I take back all the chit I said about you. Instead, let me thank you for your service. Truly.
    I'm on the Cape; you know that. And, I prefer our relationship to be contentious.