Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 26 of 57 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Marathon Terrorist Attack (MERGED)

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    As much as I knee-jerked to counter....Cant disagree with this viewpoint. Plus there is no shortage of Leggy young Blond media types plying middle aged chooches with flattery, ooohs and aaahs...etc. WHenever there's humans involved, the baser instincts always reveal themselves, you would just hope that in a case like this, discretion would prevail.

Too many agencies, too many agendas.

-
    D@mn, I'm never in the right place at the right time.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Arctor View Post
    It should be pointed out that two LEO sources = verified.

It only takes two leakers to provide a "verified" source.

Now, given the scope of things, would we like to bet CNN had two or more sources yesterday?
    I would hope that the media is at least comfortable that what they are reporting is accurate as opposed to having a CYA approach of "well, the guy blinked twice - that's verified as far as I'm concerned" approach.

But, hey, that's not what the standard is today. So be it. Considering all the multitude of ways that news spreads these days, its not surprising that even large media outlets (I was going to say respectable, but didn't want to get bogged down in semantics) will rush to publish breaking news for fear of getting scooped by someone else while working to confirm what their story.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I would hope that the media is at least comfortable that what they are reporting is accurate as opposed to having a CYA approach of "well, the guy blinked twice - that's verified as far as I'm concerned" approach.

But, hey, that's not what the standard is today. So be it. Considering all the multitude of ways that news spreads these days, its not surprising that even large media outlets (I was going to say respectable, but didn't want to get bogged down in semantics) will rush to publish breaking news for fear of getting scooped by someone else while working to confirm what their story.
    With all the journalist who have their own twitter accounts, the rush to break news (by every outlet) is even worse than before..and the repercussions for printing false info is close to nil.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    Obama has said many times since then that the war on terror is winding down because al queda is on the run. google it yourself, beth ditto.
    Except when our government is supporting Al Queda in Syria.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2...-in-syria?lite

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    With all the journalist who have their own twitter accounts, the rush to break news (by every outlet) is even worse than before..and the repercussions for printing false info is close to nil.
    F'n blogging bs, it's out of control, bloggers do not have any rules and thow all types of sh@t out there.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Calm down, they were all under 50. Not your type.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    You havent lived until you've had the ghoulishly make-up-caked Lisa SLiwa fawning over you at a crime- scene trying to get an exclusive.

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Was that a joke?
    Judges are calling it a wry observation. They've checked the records; indeed that was the first time anyone called BR "Richard".

X gets the square - Duke can choose Sting, or Hal Linden.

Right after this break.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Judges are calling it a wry observation. They've checked the records; indeed that was the first time anyone called BR "Richard".

X gets the square - Duke can choose Sting, or Hal Linden.

Right after this break.

Everyone knows Whoopi is the safe pick.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Its the guy. They have him on video placing a bag at the spot of the second explosion.
    Just heard that these guys are no longer of interest?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Just heard that these guys are no longer of interest?
    You can thank Obama for that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    FBI to release the official suspect images at the 5pm press conference.

I hope we catch these muthafckrs fast.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone surmised that the two "commando" looking guys were actually that??

Under-cover federal agents, SOF types, or even operators from 3-lettered groups? BDU-type pants, heavy-duty boots, sunglasses, ear buds, backs against the wall, scanning the crowds. Many groups that prefer to remain nameless have assisted in security during major domestic events. There have been multiple accounts of professionals from various anonymous groups that did a lot of pre-plan security work for Atlanta in '96. These two are seen in a couple pictures flanking a man who appears to have a radio strap around him (law enforcement, EMS, Fire, or other uniformed personnel).

Not to start more conspiracy theories or anything, but perhaps there might have been some intel hinting at a possible attack. Not strong enough to warrant cancellation but strong enough to have intelligence gathering personnel there.

Just a theory...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    FBI to release the official suspect images at the 5pm press conference.

I hope we catch these muthafckrs fast.
    Watching the live feed. Looks like 2 easels up front will show the suspects.

Anyone want to wager on Sloppy Guy?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They have the two print outs on the stage, blacked out right now. Looks like they are going to unveil the suspects.

Great news!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Watching the live feed. Looks like 2 easels up front will show the suspects.

Anyone want to wager on Sloppy Guy?
    +1

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sloppy guy....INNOCENT!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images available on fbi.gov

That site is gonna crash.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper17 View Post
    Has anyone surmised that the two "commando" looking guys were actually that??

Under-cover federal agents, SOF types, or even operators from 3-lettered groups? BDU-type pants, heavy-duty boots, sunglasses, ear buds, backs against the wall, scanning the crowds. Many groups that prefer to remain nameless have assisted in security during major domestic events. There have been multiple accounts of professionals from various anonymous groups that did a lot of pre-plan security work for Atlanta in '96. These two are seen in a couple pictures flanking a man who appears to have a radio strap around him (law enforcement, EMS, Fire, or other uniformed personnel).

Not to start more conspiracy theories or anything, but perhaps there might have been some intel hinting at a possible attack. Not strong enough to warrant cancellation but strong enough to have intelligence gathering personnel there.

Just a theory...
    Not sure if it's standard operating procedure, but I did read some security contract group called 'Craft' was hired to work the area. Maybe they worked for them?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    Not sure if it's standard operating procedure, but I did read some security contract group called 'Craft' was hired to work the area. Maybe they worked for them?
    Another excellent possibility. If they were indeed involved, very much the same kind of folks. Former SOF and the like.