Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noise at games about to get worse

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Noise at games about to get worse

just what we don't need... more p.a. noise.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish...get-lot-louder

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    well I guess that ends my idea of being able to turn off the announcers on the television and just have crowd noise. I know the technology is there to do it. Just don`t know why the NFL or the networks haven`t given the fans who refuse to buy PSLs that option yet. When I watch the games on the tv, I turn the sound off and put the radio on. Still have to listen to those announcers but they aren`t as bad as the tv ones. Still waiting for the crowd noise only option but not if the stadium is gonna be pumping in noise. It should be ok for Jets games. They have to make up the noise for all those who choose to stay home and for those who just sit there at the game never moving other than to deficate or urinate.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good.

MetLife has been mainly a morgue.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This will change nothing about the game and will hardly be noticed if at all

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is already way too much noise during TV timeouts at MetLife Stadium.

The speakers need to be turned down, not up.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    There is already way too much noise during TV timeouts at MetLife Stadium.

The speakers need to be turned down, not up.

SAR I
    they need to be turned off, no? Especially during timeouts. Thats when the fans would do the JETS thing. Well not anymore since ed quit. It was better before Ed took the helm of that cheer. It was mainly the upper decks doing it. Everyone else just sat there like Jets fans with money or something.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    More noise is fine with real football fans

Want quiet? Go to a museum, library or an empty Sears store on Sunday!!

THE LOUDER THE BETTER
    Last edited by sg3; 04-15-2013 at 07:58 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    More noise is fine with real football fans

Want quiet? Go to a museum, library or an empty Sears store on Sunday!!

THE LOADER THE BETTER
    You should be the new spokesegenarian for Depends.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most Jet fans at Met Life are not football fans, we have these prompts now and they don't work. In Philly prompts were never needed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice. Hopefully they come up with some creative ways to get the fans into it more. It's all irrelevant until the team does something worth getting excited about though.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    And by "worse" you mean better, right? Nothing wrong at all leaving the stadium with no voice and ringing ears. Quiet is for golf n tennis.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    well I guess that ends my idea of being able to turn off the announcers on the television and just have crowd noise. I know the technology is there to do it. Just don`t know why the NFL or the networks haven`t given the fans who refuse to buy PSLs that option yet. When I watch the games on the tv, I turn the sound off and put the radio on. Still have to listen to those announcers but they aren`t as bad as the tv ones. Still waiting for the crowd noise only option but not if the stadium is gonna be pumping in noise. It should be ok for Jets games. They have to make up the noise for all those who choose to stay home and for those who just sit there at the game never moving other than to deficate or urinate.
    Most TV broadcasts have a 5.1 Dolby audio track. If you have a 5.1 or 7.1 system just turn down the center channel and you effectively delete the announcers and keep the crowd and game noise intact.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    And by "worse" you mean better, right? Nothing wrong at all leaving the stadium with no voice and ringing ears. Quiet is for golf n tennis.
    I'm all for the place being as loud as possible, but the p.a. stuff designed to get the fans loud is terrible. It rarely works and it is more often than not just out of place noise. Like the PC Richards tune and the Ric Flair "woo"s. they are just embarrassing. That's what I mean by "noise".
    Last edited by E4orBust; 04-15-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by E4orBust View Post
    I'm all for the place being as loud as possible, but the p.a. stuff designed to get the fans loud is terrible. It rarely works and it is more often than not just out of place noise. Like the PC Richards tune and the Ric Flair "woo"s. they are just embarrassing. That's what I mean by "noise".
    Good point. But with all the good seating going to more "reserved" types. Maybe those cheesy PA chants will get them going a bit.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lower the prices and the stands will be full with happier people.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by E4orBust View Post
    +1, it's not the volume that's the problem, it's the obnoxious sound

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    Just get surround sound. To me it's the best feature. The announcers only come from the center channel(which you can easily turn down, or off). The players come from the front speakers. The crowd noise comes from behind you(noticeably different people on the left and right too). The front speakers get it to, but obviously from farther away, and the PA comes usually from the right rear, with some bleed in on the left. Other sports don't seem to do this, but it's cool as F**k. especially when you hear the chant switching from speaker to speaker. Also the obnoxious PA stuff is normally only at the game during TV commercial breaks, or they just turn it down while they have the stupid sideline interviews.
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 04-16-2013 at 12:10 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Most TV broadcasts have a 5.1 Dolby audio track. If you have a 5.1 or 7.1 system just turn down the center channel and you effectively delete the announcers and keep the crowd and game noise intact.
    Guess you beat me to it. Since you're only a Pats fan, please delete your post. Thanks.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the air raid siren. Gets me fired up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    Lower the prices and the stands will be full with happier people.
    +1 I'd like to add... And dedicated JETS fans.