Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Noise at games about to get worse

  1. #1

    Noise at games about to get worse

    just what we don't need... more p.a. noise.

    http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish...get-lot-louder

  2. #2
    well I guess that ends my idea of being able to turn off the announcers on the television and just have crowd noise. I know the technology is there to do it. Just don`t know why the NFL or the networks haven`t given the fans who refuse to buy PSLs that option yet. When I watch the games on the tv, I turn the sound off and put the radio on. Still have to listen to those announcers but they aren`t as bad as the tv ones. Still waiting for the crowd noise only option but not if the stadium is gonna be pumping in noise. It should be ok for Jets games. They have to make up the noise for all those who choose to stay home and for those who just sit there at the game never moving other than to deficate or urinate.

  3. #3
    Good.

    MetLife has been mainly a morgue.

  4. #4
    This will change nothing about the game and will hardly be noticed if at all

  5. #5
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    There is already way too much noise during TV timeouts at MetLife Stadium.

    The speakers need to be turned down, not up.

    SAR I

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    There is already way too much noise during TV timeouts at MetLife Stadium.

    The speakers need to be turned down, not up.

    SAR I
    they need to be turned off, no? Especially during timeouts. Thats when the fans would do the JETS thing. Well not anymore since ed quit. It was better before Ed took the helm of that cheer. It was mainly the upper decks doing it. Everyone else just sat there like Jets fans with money or something.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,184
    More noise is fine with real football fans

    Want quiet? Go to a museum, library or an empty Sears store on Sunday!!

    THE LOUDER THE BETTER
    Last edited by sg3; 04-15-2013 at 07:58 PM.

  8. #8
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,255
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    More noise is fine with real football fans

    Want quiet? Go to a museum, library or an empty Sears store on Sunday!!

    THE LOADER THE BETTER
    You should be the new spokesegenarian for Depends.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,065
    Most Jet fans at Met Life are not football fans, we have these prompts now and they don't work. In Philly prompts were never needed.

  10. #10
    Nice. Hopefully they come up with some creative ways to get the fans into it more. It's all irrelevant until the team does something worth getting excited about though.

  11. #11
    And by "worse" you mean better, right? Nothing wrong at all leaving the stadium with no voice and ringing ears. Quiet is for golf n tennis.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    well I guess that ends my idea of being able to turn off the announcers on the television and just have crowd noise. I know the technology is there to do it. Just don`t know why the NFL or the networks haven`t given the fans who refuse to buy PSLs that option yet. When I watch the games on the tv, I turn the sound off and put the radio on. Still have to listen to those announcers but they aren`t as bad as the tv ones. Still waiting for the crowd noise only option but not if the stadium is gonna be pumping in noise. It should be ok for Jets games. They have to make up the noise for all those who choose to stay home and for those who just sit there at the game never moving other than to deficate or urinate.
    Most TV broadcasts have a 5.1 Dolby audio track. If you have a 5.1 or 7.1 system just turn down the center channel and you effectively delete the announcers and keep the crowd and game noise intact.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    And by "worse" you mean better, right? Nothing wrong at all leaving the stadium with no voice and ringing ears. Quiet is for golf n tennis.
    I'm all for the place being as loud as possible, but the p.a. stuff designed to get the fans loud is terrible. It rarely works and it is more often than not just out of place noise. Like the PC Richards tune and the Ric Flair "woo"s. they are just embarrassing. That's what I mean by "noise".
    Last edited by E4orBust; 04-15-2013 at 09:11 PM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by E4orBust View Post
    I'm all for the place being as loud as possible, but the p.a. stuff designed to get the fans loud is terrible. It rarely works and it is more often than not just out of place noise. Like the PC Richards tune and the Ric Flair "woo"s. they are just embarrassing. That's what I mean by "noise".
    Good point. But with all the good seating going to more "reserved" types. Maybe those cheesy PA chants will get them going a bit.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Murray Hill
    Posts
    7,570
    Lower the prices and the stands will be full with happier people.

  16. #16
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,569
    Quote Originally Posted by E4orBust View Post
    I'm all for the place being as loud as possible, but the p.a. stuff designed to get the fans loud is terrible. It rarely works and it is more often than not just out of place noise. Like the PC Richards tune and the Ric Flair "woo"s. they are just embarrassing. That's what I mean by "noise".
    +1, it's not the volume that's the problem, it's the obnoxious sound

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,948
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    well I guess that ends my idea of being able to turn off the announcers on the television and just have crowd noise. I know the technology is there to do it. Just don`t know why the NFL or the networks haven`t given the fans who refuse to buy PSLs that option yet. When I watch the games on the tv, I turn the sound off and put the radio on. Still have to listen to those announcers but they aren`t as bad as the tv ones. Still waiting for the crowd noise only option but not if the stadium is gonna be pumping in noise. It should be ok for Jets games. They have to make up the noise for all those who choose to stay home and for those who just sit there at the game never moving other than to deficate or urinate.
    Just get surround sound. To me it's the best feature. The announcers only come from the center channel(which you can easily turn down, or off). The players come from the front speakers. The crowd noise comes from behind you(noticeably different people on the left and right too). The front speakers get it to, but obviously from farther away, and the PA comes usually from the right rear, with some bleed in on the left. Other sports don't seem to do this, but it's cool as F**k. especially when you hear the chant switching from speaker to speaker. Also the obnoxious PA stuff is normally only at the game during TV commercial breaks, or they just turn it down while they have the stupid sideline interviews.
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 04-16-2013 at 12:10 AM.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,948
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Most TV broadcasts have a 5.1 Dolby audio track. If you have a 5.1 or 7.1 system just turn down the center channel and you effectively delete the announcers and keep the crowd and game noise intact.
    Guess you beat me to it. Since you're only a Pats fan, please delete your post. Thanks.

  19. #19
    I like the air raid siren. Gets me fired up.

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Jersey shore
    Posts
    2,067
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    Lower the prices and the stands will be full with happier people.
    +1 I'd like to add... And dedicated JETS fans.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us