Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If Tyler Wilson, EJ Manual and Matt Barkley are there in the 2nd??

If Tyler Wilson, EJ Manual and Matt Barkley are there in the 2nd??

Barkley would be tempting, but the USC thing scares the hell out of me. Manual is a nice player, but I'd have to go with Wilson.

The kid has a great arm and is a tough-as-nails leader. He kind of reminds me of Favre..

Who would you take??

Barkley easy. Not a Manuel fan and Wilson is not better then Barkley. Glennon maybe if he is there too.

Manual is a good player but sometimes he forgets how to spell his last name

I prefer Automatic Dysert myself.

Tough call.. I'd say no to any of them if we did not get extra picks with revis trade.. With the picks? I try to look at this yr and next yr as 1 whole draft, since we are 2 years away from beginning to clean up MT mess.. Sanchez will be history.. If we pick 1 of those guys this yr, we cant pick 1 next year, or even year after..gotta commit to them and give them time.. But not 5 years So maybe wise to wait and do whatever it takes to get high rated qb next yr.. I'm afraid because russel Wilson was 3rd rd steal of century, and also kaepernick great as 2nd, now teams will just to find that post 1st qb steal also.. I think 90% of the " good" qbs playing now are early 1st rounders..

I'd take the 4th choice, None of the above.

EJ, want nothing to do with Barkley. Wilson scares me a little with the small hands thing. No Homo

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Tough call.. I'd say no to any of them if we did not get extra picks with revis trade.. With the picks? I try to look at this yr and next yr as 1 whole draft, since we are 2 years away from beginning to clean up MT mess.. Sanchez will be history.. If we pick 1 of those guys this yr, we cant pick 1 next year, or even year after..gotta commit to them and give them time.. But not 5 years So maybe wise to wait and do whatever it takes to get high rated qb next yr.. I'm afraid because russel Wilson was 3rd rd steal of century, and also kaepernick great as 2nd, now teams will just to find that post 1st qb steal also.. I think 90% of the " good" qbs playing now are early 1st rounders..
    90%? Brees, Schaub, Wilson, Brady, Dalton, Keapernick, Romo??, All good QBs right now. About 10 teams will be starting a QB that wasn't a 1st rounder and most of them got their shots because at some point they out played a guy that went in the 1st.

edit Oh and I missed the early 1st on this. Rodgers and Flacco would be early 1st as well.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 04-16-2013 at 10:43 AM.

All Pro
    EJ, Wilson, Barkley in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    90%? Brees, Schaub, Wilson, Brady, Dalton, Keapernick, Romo??, All good QBs right now. About 10 teams will be starting a QB that wasn't a 1st rounder and most of them got their shots because at some point they out played a guy that went in the 1st.

edit Oh and I missed the early 1st on this. Rodgers and Flacco would be early 1st as well.
    Flacco and rodgers were both mid teens? Not early but not late..and good is a vauge word.. Not good as like comparing to Sanchez..then everyone is good.. Romo hasn't done anything and has made some terrible ints In the big spots every yr.. Dalton good? They aren't so sure about that in Cleveland . http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...65&src=desktop

Flacco and rodgers were both mid teens? Not early but not late..and good is a vauge word.. Not good as like comparing to Sanchez..then everyone is good.. Romo hasn't done anything and has made some terrible ints In the big spots every yr.. Dalton good? They aren't so sure about that in Cleveland . http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...65&src=desktop
    Rodgers was like 24. Romo and Dalton like them or not would both be top 16 QBs right now. Romo isnt the highest paid QB because he isnt good

edit What does Cleveland have to do with Dalton? He is the starter in Cinci
    Last edited by Dreamers; 04-16-2013 at 10:53 AM.

And I meant to say cinci not Cleveland.. Don't like watching either of them.. But did watch dalton flop again in the playoffs.. he has a lot of romo in him, puts up stats but fails in big games.. id take either of sanchez, but a yr ago it wouldnt have been as easy decision..

All Pro
    This is why I would like some of the Revis trade to be in 2014 picks. I want ammo to move up and get a guy next year.

Problem is, I look at all the teams likely to be in the top spot and can't imagine any of them trading out of it if there's a franchise QB guy there.

Jax, Oak, Cle, Ari, Ten, Buf. Even with all the trades, would any one of them pass on Bridgewater or whoever is the top QB prospect next year?

I think unless we finish there ourselves, it won't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    This is why I would like some of the Revis trade to be in 2014 picks. I want ammo to move up and get a guy next year.

Problem is, I look at all the teams likely to be in the top spot and can't imagine any of them trading out of it if there's a franchise QB guy there.

Jax, Oak, Cle, Ari, Ten, Buf. Even with all the trades, would any one of them pass on Bridgewater or whoever is the top QB prospect next year?

I think unless we finish there ourselves, it won't matter.
    I just dont think your really going to see better options next year. People drooling over Boyd and what even underclassman declare I am sorry but none are great options. There is no stud QB prospect down the pike as anyone can tell right now. If there is he will likely be playing in Oakland next year. If Barkley isnt from USC it wouldnt even be a question to take him if he is still on the board in the 2nd. He is just as good as anything your going to get next year.

All League
    Tyler Bray. Take him in the 3rd or 4th.

I just dont think your really going to see better options next year. People drooling over Boyd and what even underclassman declare I am sorry but none are great options. There is no stud QB prospect down the pike as anyone can tell right now. If there is he will likely be playing in Oakland next year. If Barkley isnt from USC it wouldnt even be a question to take him if he is still on the board in the 2nd. He is just as good as anything your going to get next year.

I agree, but none of the USC guys work out. But, I guess you can't look at it like that. If Barkley came out last year, He would have been a top-10 pick.

Ok, I'm changed my mind ( didn't know Wilson had small hands). I'll take a chance on Barkley!

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    I agree, but none of the USC guys work out. But, I guess you can't look at it like that. If Barkley came out last year, He would have been a top-10 pick.

Ok, I'm changed my mind ( didn't know Wilson had small hands). I'll take a chance on Barkley!
    Wilson overall had a very disappointing combine. He turned a lot of teams off on him. He may actually be a 5-6 rounder at this point.

I'm sure not many heard about Wilson,Manuel, bray, last year. Sure more prospects will pop up.. Some may haven't even got chance to start yet.. I know thought of drafting college qb only starting 1 yr is scary now..

I'm sure not many heard about Wilson,Manuel, bray, last year. Sure more prospects will pop up.. Some may haven't even got chance to start yet.. I know thought of drafting college qb only starting 1 yr is scary now..
    I have never been big on drafting any QB that has had less then 3 years in college as a starter. I am not saying you will never find a better QB then one here. It is more why wait anther year for the same kind of talent? Get it out of the way now. If he fails 2-3 years down the road may have a better class. Heck even if a guy love love is there if all you invested was a 2nd rounder you can still take the guy next year. At minimal if he looks any good you can always trade him. Your not talking anyone that will look Sanchez or Tebow bad in this class IMO. It is never a bad idea to have a good young developing QB on the roster. We really dont have that IMO. All this wait and see only delays the inevitable IMO. Maybe you get lucky maybe you dont but wasting a year of development when all your stud C and LT are in their primes doesnt seem like a good idea to me. Those guys are only getting older. If your either of them going into this year you think youd want to waste anther year of your prime on Sanchez or Tebow?

A lot of people liked Brey last year then he put his foot in his mouth. Barkley Wilson and Brey where the big 3 from day one after last years draft. Manuel was hyped a lot as the FSU savor. Never liked him but scouts said he was better then Ponder 2 years ago. EH Glennon and Scott are the 2 I like that came out of no where. Nessib is OK out of no where guy worth a 2nd too.

Pass on all 3. There is no reason to waste a 2nd round pick on a QB just because we need help at QB. This team needs help at just about every position. Take the BAP. I doubt any of those 3 are BAP when we pick in the 2nd. Hell, I wouldnt take Geno Smith if he is there when we pick in the 2nd round.