Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Tyler Wilson, EJ Manual and Matt Barkley are there in the 2nd??

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i could see idzik pulling the first shocker of the draft by taking manuel at 13. mingo at 9, manuel at 13.
    I've been impressed with Idzik so far, but if he takes Manual at 9 or 13, he should be fired immediately!!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    I've been impressed with Idzik so far, but if he takes Manual at 9 or 13, he should be fired immediately!!!
    lol yeah fire him on the spot. No reason to give his pick a chance to actually play a snap. Just can him immediately!

I could see disagreeing with the pick or the idea of taking a QB this year, but to say he should be fired is really fuggin dumb.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    For instance, Tyler Bray is undraftable to me. I think he's absolute garbage. I believe he has NO head to play in the NFL and he'll never succeed. And any QB can be average... I mean in any top 10 capacity.
    Wow. Tell us how you really feel.

Why do have this disdain towards Bray? I think he has loads of potential. I think he'd be a steal in the 3rd/4th round.

Manuel but I wouldn't take a qb in rd 2

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    That is not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    lol yeah fire him on the spot. No reason to give his pick a chance to actually play a snap. Just can him immediately!

I could see disagreeing with the pick or the idea of taking a QB this year, but to say he should be fired is really fuggin dumb.
    No Not really. Taking manual at 9 is dumb. If he likes him, he can trade down 30+ spots and accumulate picks. He'd never take manual at 9, so the argument is irrelevant.

All Pro
    I'm beginning to get the feeling in my bones that we are taking Manuel in round 1 - either after a trade down from #9 (or #13 if the Revis trade happens) or after a trade up from round 2.

But I do get a strong feeling that Idzik and Co like a QB in this draft, and that it is Manuel.

Personally, I really like EJ as a prospect although the 1st round is higher than I was hoping/expecting him to go.

All Pro
    Don't force the issue especially when next years class looks better

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Wow. Tell us how you really feel.

Why do have this disdain towards Bray? I think he has loads of potential. I think he'd be a steal in the 3rd/4th round.
    Bray isn't the only guy I feel that way about, just the quickest that came to mind.

Let's face the facts, most of these QB's are not only going to be non starters, they'll be complete busts. Going off of that fact, Bray is just one of them. His deficiencies are a problem. He's slow to read, he has an extremely poor mentality, along with other aspects. You don't correct the issues that he has.

And you people who just blindly blast any idea of Manuel at 9 or 13 are crazy. Mostly because you are probably basing that opinion on a bunch of mock drafts. If that's the case, it just clearly says that you are looking at the draft incorrectly.

1. You come down to a prediction on whether you believe the player will be a good NFL player. You don't just rank them and think they are all in the same boat.

2. Then you try to get an idea where the player is going... Manuel has gotten talked about in the first round easily, but the guy is ABSOLUTELY going in the 2nd round at the latest.

Since QB is the most important position on the field by A LOT, and you've already decided that the other QB's in this draft are not going to be good NFL players, then you MUST find a way to get that player. Because you've already crossed the rest off that list.

Let's be honest here... MAYBE only one of these QB's out of this bunch is going to make a pro bowl. The job is to find which guy. Not just rank them and try to get the "best value" based on some mock drafts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Don't force the issue especially when next years class looks better
    But if you and your scouts have already made the decision that Manuel (or any QB) projects to be a good NFL player, why would you not take that player?

I don't want the Jets to consider any QB until round 3. In my opinion, I see them taking Dysert in the 4th round unless the QBs are REALLY dropping. Another guy I like is Landry Jones because of the college experience he has (4 year starter). He put up impressive numbers as a senior, including 4,267 passing yards, 30 touchdowns against 11 interceptions and a 144.6 passer rating. He struggles a bit dropping the ball off to running backs, but that is easier to teach than throwing back-shoulder passes and leading receivers down the seam. He reminds me of Mallet, who is projected to be a good starter once he gets the chance.

As for the other 3, I would probably choose E.J. Manuel in round 2 but I'd rather not make that selection.

All League
    Bray isn't the only guy I feel that way about, just the quickest that came to mind.

Let's face the facts, most of these QB's are not only going to be non starters, they'll be complete busts. Going off of that fact, Bray is just one of them. His deficiencies are a problem. He's slow to read, he has an extremely poor mentality, along with other aspects. You don't correct the issues that he has.

And you people who just blindly blast any idea of Manuel at 9 or 13 are crazy. Mostly because you are probably basing that opinion on a bunch of mock drafts. If that's the case, it just clearly says that you are looking at the draft incorrectly.

1. You come down to a prediction on whether you believe the player will be a good NFL player. You don't just rank them and think they are all in the same boat.

2. Then you try to get an idea where the player is going... Manuel has gotten talked about in the first round easily, but the guy is ABSOLUTELY going in the 2nd round at the latest.

Since QB is the most important position on the field by A LOT, and you've already decided that the other QB's in this draft are not going to be good NFL players, then you MUST find a way to get that player. Because you've already crossed the rest off that list.

Let's be honest here... MAYBE only one of these QB's out of this bunch is going to make a pro bowl. The job is to find which guy. Not just rank them and try to get the "best value" based on some mock drafts.
    It's definitely a challenge for GM's to figure out where a player "should" be taken. Think about it... if Seattle had Russell Wilson as their Top rated QB in last years draft, would it have been wise to take him in the first round at 15 when they absolutely knew that no team was going to take him in the first couple of rounds? Of course not. They played the draft value game.

The Jets could love Manuel, but they may not at 9 or 13.

I personally feel Bray in the 4th round could be a steal. Would I want him as a first or second rounder? no. Yes, he has issues. But if he didn't, He'd probably be a first round pick.
    Last edited by Yankeejet22; 04-18-2013 at 12:50 PM.

my hunch based on nothing, is that idzik sees enough of russell wilson in ej, and is planning to make a move to get him. also, mornigweg also must love what ej brings to the game, considering his offenses. i'm putting it out there that the jets ideal scenario is to get an olb at 9, trade revis, trade back a few spots, then grab ej before all the other teams can. then in the 2nd/3rd/4th rounds they address S, TE, OL, etc.

But if you and your scouts have already made the decision that Manuel (or any QB) projects to be a good NFL player, why would you not take that player?
    Because there are better players to be taken at different positions of need

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Because there are better players to be taken at different positions of need
    false just player you like more. If Barkley or any other QB is BPA at QB his talents more then warrant an early 2nd round pick. Just because you DONT WANT A QB A ANY COSTS. Doesnt mean he isnt BPA overall.

I don't think any qb in this year's class is better than a low 2nd/high 3rd round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I don't think any qb in this year's class is better than a low 2nd/high 3rd round pick.
    Well most scouts and GMs disagree with that.

For instance, Tyler Bray is undraftable to me. I think he's absolute garbage. I believe he has NO head to play in the NFL and he'll never succeed. And any QB can be average... I mean in any top 10 capacity.
    This is pretty much my opinion of Tyler Bray. I'm glad someone else actually sees this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Well most scouts and GMs disagree with that.
    Could care less and btw it's more like 50% of scouts disagree the other 50% agree. This is a sh*t QB class.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Could care less and btw it's more like 50% of scouts disagree the other 50% agree. This is a sh*t QB class.
    If your talking 1st round yes 50% would agree with you. 2nd round it isnt even close to 50%. Most will tell you there is a lot of QBs in this class worth a 2nd rounder. It just doesnt have that hyped guy you see in most draft. Not having a Russell, Sanchez, Locker, or Quin DOESNT make it weak. It is a very average class talent wise at QB. If a guy like Glennon, Barkley, Nessib, or Geno is still on the board when we pick they are all well worth the early 2nd rounder if we like him. A lot of scouts and GMs are on those guys. All of which are better prospects then any of those named above. If your waiting for anther class like last years you will be waiting a long time.