Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best baseball movie: 61* / 42 / or ...?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    I will put The Natural up with Field of Dreams.

Great cast, well shot, the amazing ending. Not the heart wrenching "Have a catch with your Dad" moment, but amazing none the less.

Not on the same level, but Major League was one of the funnier movies I have ever seen. It's one where if I'm flippin through the channels late at night and it's on HBO (not the TNT version) I wind up watching it.
    Major League is one of the all-time great guy movies. I have never been able to get a women to sit through more than 5 minutes without getting up in disgust.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    you guys ever see "Bang the Drum SlowlY" with a young Robert DeNiro & Michael Moriarity?? Great movie, but very very sad

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    you guys ever see "Bang the Drum SlowlY" with a young Robert DeNiro & Michael Moriarity?? Great movie, but very very sad
    I have not. Heard it is excellent, and like you said, really depressing.

Major League, easy way to tell how awesome your woman is. If she laughs in the first 10 minutes, she's a keeper. If she stares at you like you are a moron, she's in with the other 95%.

My wife stares at me like i am a moron. Of course, she does that sometimes when Major League isn't on.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have not. Heard it is excellent, and like you said, really depressing.

Major League, easy way to tell how awesome your woman is. If she laughs in the first 10 minutes, she's a keeper. If she stares at you like you are a moron, she's in with the other 95%.

My wife stares at me like i am a moron. Of course, she does that sometimes when Major League isn't on.
    Bang the Drum Slowly is sad, but not depressing IMO...def life lessons in there, & the acting is superb...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Arctor View Post
    None of the above.

1. Major League
    2. Bull Durham
    3. Mr. Baseball
    4. The Scout
    Mr Baseball is the only movie I ever walked out of.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pride of The Yankees honorable mention. Maybe with the success of 42 they could remake that film.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You think The Scout is better than The Natural or Field of Dreams. We are simply going to have to agree to disagree.
    Yes. Both The Natural and Field of Dreams are overinflated, overfluffy, oversentimentalized tripe. Baseball films for women at a certain time of month. They have very little to do with Baseball, and far more to do with feelings, and getting in touch with same.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Arctor View Post
    Yes. Both The Natural and Field of Dreams are overinflated, overfluffy, oversentimentalized tripe. Baseball films for women at a certain time of month. They have very little to do with Baseball, and far more to do with feelings, and getting in touch with same.
    Me no like feelings. Me want to bash feelings into ground. Make feelings go away.