Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carrie Rhodes ?

Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Gay or not he would help our team alot....So what he doesn't always hit, he can cover and make big plays from the safety position better than anyone on the roster BY FAR

He's a finesse/cover safety that can also blitz extremely well.....

A good player who got on Rex's bad side
    No way...Rhodes' only good game last year was against us, thanks to Mary Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    We don't need the distraction of the first gay player on our team!!
    I agree completely the media and others would have a field day. Not that there is any thing wrong with it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Pretty offensive (homophobic) thread title...
    Lighten up........Francis?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    I agree completely the media and others would have a field day. Not that there is any thing wrong with it.
    Imagine...the first openly gay football player, playing in one of the largest media markets in the world, alongside one of the most conservative right-wing Christian football player.

PR BONANZA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Very sad, you wonder why gay sports figures are in fear of coming out, just read some of the posts in this thread. The truth be told, I am sure some very tough SOB's have played in the NFL are very gay and not a soul would have the balls to make any of these jokes to there faces.
    I do actually think stuff like this would be a bigger issue. I actually believe most players don't really care at this point. A few might, but the vast majority want to win first. I do think dealing with the media and TMZ-style stuff will be a very big deal when the players go out. Even more then when a straight player goes out.

It would be interesting if multiple players come out at the same time. We like to pretend it's not a big issue, and it shouldn't be. But there are enough fans/media gossipers that will turn their day-to-day and nightlife into a constant story.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Lighten up........Francine?
    fixed

for more outrage

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    fixed

for more outrage
    I never saw any outrage for the million gay jokes about Brady..

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

We have a few gay mods. They don't seem to be offended.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Imagine...the first openly gay football player, playing in one of the largest media markets in the world, alongside one of the most conservative right-wing Christian football player.

PR BONANZA!!!
    Who might be gay himself.

What does this say about Braylon Edwards?

Quote Originally Posted by kali yuga View Post
    What does this say about Braylon Edwards?
    Thank you for saying what I was thinking.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    No way...Rhodes' only good game last year was against us, thanks to Mary Sanchez
    That's pretty offensive, according to Ron Swanson.

Kerry Rhodes' "Assistant" Speaks Out: "You Play Nintendo, You Play Lottery But You Don't Play HOLLYWOOD!" (video)

http://www.balleralert.com/profiles/...he-lottery-but

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Yep I'm sure he remember mark's bad habits and how he telegraphs his passes even in yr 4. Every Safety should watch that film.. What Rhodes did wasn't brilliant by any sense but was smart. If FS is playing centerfield watch where mark looks first but don't jump right on the route right away, set mark up into feeling your not on to his obvious telegraph, let him commit to the throw then jump it for the pick.. I played FS in HS and always played that way, you expect it much more in HS but obvious shouldn't work on the NFl level unless your playing against Sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    go to baller alert.com and see the interview with Rhodes ex boyfriend including photos. My take is this....I could care less if he is gay...my focus would be if he can help this team.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    If he weren't a free agent and these photos came I think he would come out, but as a free agent trying to land a job he is probably being advised by his agent to deny the reports.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    If he weren't a free agent and these photos came I think he would come out, but as a free agent trying to land a job he is probably being advised by his agent to deny the reports.
    He should fire his agents if they told him to lie and say " I'm not gay, and go on to lie and say he just treated his gf , I'm mean assistant as a little brother.. Now his assistant, aka Hollywood is po-ed doing interviews and throwing more pics out.. Kerry should have just said " no comment" refuse to talk about it.. Now he looks weak because its obvious he is gay, and shows weakness and lack of character to make up a lying story.. And that's what people don't like.. It's going to be awkward for him and his future teammates.. Have a guy at work who is gay, it was always obvious but we could tell he wasn't comfortable being openingly gay around the guys.. That's ok but it was awkward for us when we would talk about hot chicks ect.. Now that he came out of the closet it's no longer awkward, we can joke with him ect..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    He should fire his agents if they told him to lie and say " I'm not gay, and go on to lie and say he just treated his gf , I'm mean assistant as a little brother.. Now his assistant, aka Hollywood is po-ed doing interviews and throwing more pics out.. Kerry should have just said " no comment" refuse to talk about it.. Now he looks weak because its obvious he is gay, and shows weakness and lack of character to make up a lying story.. And that's what people don't like.. It's going to be awkward for him and his future teammates.. Have a guy at work who is gay, it was always obvious but we could tell he wasn't comfortable being openingly gay around the guys.. That's ok but it was awkward for us when we would talk about hot chicks ect.. Now that he came out of the closet it's no longer awkward, we can joke with him ect..
    Nice post.....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    it's 2013....who cares...apparently someones sexual preference actually means something to some of you....this is a new age...stone age is long gone...I have no clue nor I care about his sexual preference....world would be a better place if people focused on things that were actually important.
    Did they care about sexual preference in the stone age? Did they make jokes? Did they focus on important things? Would the world really be a better place if we did focus on important things? Lighten up Francis. This web site is not the place to focus on important things, and I believe the world would be a better place if people stopped all of this incessant focusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Yep I'm sure he remember mark's bad habits and how he telegraphs his passes even in yr 4. Every Safety should watch that film.. What Rhodes did wasn't brilliant by any sense but was smart. If FS is playing centerfield watch where mark looks first but don't jump right on the route right away, set mark up into feeling your not on to his obvious telegraph, let him commit to the throw then jump it for the pick.. I played FS in HS and always played that way, you expect it much more in HS but obvious shouldn't work on the NFl level unless your playing against Sanchez.
    Absolutely, I was a safety also, he has regressed into another Browning Nagle

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Very sad, you wonder why gay sports figures are in fear of coming out, just read some of the posts in this thread. The truth be told, I am sure some very tough SOB's have played in the NFL are very gay and not a soul would have the balls to make any of these jokes to there faces.
    Oh yeah no wonder. This is brutal. Kerry is probably at home weeping, blowing his nose with stacks of thousand dollar bills. Very gay you say? Are their different levels of gayness? None of these comments are nearly as bad as the things said, about Sanchez, Hunter, and Gholston. Playing bad is by far the worst thing you can do, but all public figures have to deal with this ****. It's a wonder anyone ever wants to become rich, and famous. Must be very hurtful.