Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: W/ Revis Trade.. Jet's get phyiscal in round 1

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

W/ Revis Trade.. Jet's get phyiscal in round 1

With the 9th and 13th pick in first round, the jets will face some interesting prospects come day 1.... No QB of future, best player traded, glaring holes at OLB, OG, S, TE, WR , overall depth concerns...

All can't be fixed on day 1, but...... I think directionally, their safest play would be to draft players who can dominate at point of attack.....

Eight players to go ahead of Jets. trading up will not be an option...
    Expected top 8 picks

3 OT Joekel, Fisher, Johnson
    1 CB Milner
    1 DT Floyd
    2 DE Jordan, Anzah
    1 QB - Gino Smith (?)

with the no. 9 selection. I am drafting Warrmack.

@ no. 13 , if Jarvis Jones is there, he's mine...

IMO.. These guys start immediately day 1... and can dominate at point of attack... both players are beasts...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty much everyone has the same draft strategy, and people understand that this isn't a strong QB class.

Warmack is seemingly the player who can step in and become a quality starter from the beginning. DeCastro was that guy last year, and got injured early (although he struggled early as well). Warmack is much more physical than DeCastro however.

Hell, draft Warmack and Cooper if Jones isn't around, and all of a sudden you and I can run for 1,000 yards behind the Jets O-line.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Pretty much everyone has the same draft strategy, and people understand that this isn't a strong QB class.

Warmack is seemingly the player who can step in and become a quality starter from the beginning. DeCastro was that guy last year, and got injured early (although he struggled early as well). Warmack is much more physical than DeCastro however.

Hell, draft Warmack and Cooper if Jones isn't around, and all of a sudden you and I can run for 1,000 yards behind the Jets O-line.
    God can we stop trying to worry about going back to jets of 09 and draft some damn playmakers on offense.give me Austin and eifert.or Austin and warmack w ertz in the 2nd round.get this offense playmakers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Austin and Cooper or Austin and Geno Smith if they love him and if he's there. Or Austin and Mingo. Bottom line is Jets need a Playmaker on Offense. They won't go o line in rd 1. That would be 3 first rd picks as starters. Gotta build evenly. They have zero 1st rd picks at TE, WR, or RB. Take Austin at 9 or 13, trade a 5th for Ivory, Draft Ertz in rd 2. Hill, Holmes and Kerly....Even with Sanchez that offense will be light years ahead of last year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brol79 View Post
    God can we stop trying to worry about going back to jets of 09 and draft some damn playmakers on offense.give me Austin and eifert.or Austin and warmack w ertz in the 2nd round.get this offense playmakers.
    Play makers don't mean anything without a QB - but you can win with a strong Oline and average QB play.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why draft play makers when you have no one to deliver the ball to them. Not to mention the QB (whoever that may be) will be on his back the whole time. One of the reasons why Brady has been awesome for the past ten to thirteen years is because he never gets touched..... unless he's playing the Giants.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
    Why draft play makers when you have no one to deliver the ball to them. Not to mention the QB (whoever that may be) will be on his back the whole time. One of the reasons why Brady has been awesome for the past ten to thirteen years is because he never gets touched..... unless he's playing the Giants.
    So when we do draft a qb we actually have him surrounded with talent.such a dumb way of thinking.might as well just draft oline and defense so we can keep just playing ball control offense and hoping our defense doesn't give up our 4 point lead on the last drive of every game.playmakers will make plays no matter who the qb is.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Play makers don't mean anything without a QB - but you can win with a strong Oline and average QB play.
    You can win 10 games but idk about you guys but I want an elite team.i want elite talent.i want a team that can score.so be it we dont have a qb right now.shouldnt stop us from getting playmakers.im sick of this style of play.I don't believe in sanchez but lets see what he or whoever is going to qb this team can do with some damn talent on offense.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Austin and Cooper or Austin and Geno Smith if they love him and if he's there. Or Austin and Mingo. Bottom line is Jets need a Playmaker on Offense. They won't go o line in rd 1. That would be 3 first rd picks as starters. Gotta build evenly. They have zero 1st rd picks at TE, WR, or RB. Take Austin at 9 or 13, trade a 5th for Ivory, Draft Ertz in rd 2. Hill, Holmes and Kerly....Even with Sanchez that offense will be light years ahead of last year.
    completely agree.dont understand these fans that want to go back to running the ball and playing this ball control offense.only an elite defense will win with that style of play.while our defense is good its nowhere near elite especially with the impending departure of revis. all these fans hoping we go offensive line will be same ones crying that all we do is run and that we cant score by midseason.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    So when we do draft a qb we actually have him surrounded with talent.such a dumb way of thinking.might as well just draft oline and defense so we can keep just playing ball control offense and hoping our defense doesn't give up our 4 point lead on the last drive of every game.playmakers will make plays no matter who the qb is.
    Dumb way of thinking??? Who was the last team to win anything without a strong line and a good QB? Santonio Holmes was considered to be one of the best receivers in the NFL when the Jets got him. He had no QB and a line made of Swiss Cheese hence, the completely broken locker room and meltdown on the field in Miami. If Sanchez had time to throw maybe he wouldn't be that bad after all and Santonio "the playmaker" could have made some plays. If you think drafting some rookie unproven "playmakers", which by the way, have a much higher "bust" potential, is smarter than drafting incredibly touted OLmen then you really don't understand football.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
    Dumb way of thinking??? Who was the last team to win anything without a strong line and a good QB? Santonio Holmes was considered to be one of the best receivers in the NFL when the Jets got him. He had no QB and a line made of Swiss Cheese hence, the completely broken locker room and meltdown on the field in Miami. If Sanchez had time to throw maybe he wouldn't be that bad after all and Santonio "the playmaker" could have made some plays. If you think drafting some rookie unproven "playmakers", which by the way, have a much higher "bust" potential, is smarter than drafting incredibly touted OLmen then you really don't understand football.
    You do realize Holmes has had one 100 yard game since becoming a jet don't you? I think most people who "understand" football realize Holmes is just an above average receiver.and if you understood football you would know you can find more than capable offensive guards in the later rounds.but I guess we'll stick to our receivers who have proven they can't consistently beat man coverage and get open or beat press coverage.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    And idk what games you were watching last year but Sanchez had more than enough time.i agree we need a qb and could upgrade the ol but it's time to upgrade the skill positions.if you don't see that then you aren't watching the same games I am.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I had my way, we'd take Warmack or Cooper at #9 then grab Eifert or Austin at #13.

Then, if we take Austin at #13, grab Ertz or Kelce in the 2nd round.

If we take Eifert at #13, take the best available wideout in the 2nd round (Hopkins, Woods, Allen, Patterson...at least one of them is bound to be there)

It's time to get this sh*tastic offense back on track.

Go defense for the rest of the draft after that for all I care.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    If I had my way, we'd take Warmack or Cooper at #9 then grab Eifert or Austin at #13.

Then, if we take Austin at #13, grab Ertz or Kelce in the 2nd round.

If we take Eifert at #13, take the best available wideout in the 2nd round (Hopkins, Woods, Allen, Patterson...at least one of them is bound to be there)

It's time to get this sh*tastic offense back on track.

Go defense for the rest of the draft after that for all I care.

Trade back to get the extra pick. We can actually trade the Steelers our #9 for their 1st and 2nd (not that this will happen).

Assuming we have #13 pick:

Rd 1 - Mingo
    Rd 1 - Eifert
    Rd 2 - Warford
    Rd 2 - Patton|Woods|Hunter|Williams

That would be pretty damn good and fill some needs really quick.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont understand the love fest people have with Warmack. According to most scouting reports, he would be great in a GROUND + POUND offense. I dont think people realize Idzik is getting players to move away from that philosophy because thats not what Mornhinweg runs. IMO if the Jets draft a guard, it'll be Cooper.

I would also be annoyed if we draft one at 9. I don't see the Jets taking anyone on offense at 9. I think it's down to Mingo, Star, and Jones. 13 I would be fine with Cooper.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will be happy if we end up with either Warmack or Cooper AND Austin or Eifert in the first round.

Eifert might be considered a stretch @ 13 but I don't care. I think he is going to be a very good player.

I am wary of all the pass rushers.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post

I don't get why people don't understand this? It's just so obvious that the fastest way to be good is to build a dominant offensive line!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post

Hell, draft Warmack and Cooper if Jones isn't around, and all of a sudden you and I can run for 2,000 yards behind the Jets O-line.
    corrected

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    I don't get why people don't understand this? It's just so obvious that the fastest way to be good is to build a dominant offensive line!!
    Not even close. I think the Colts, Redskins, and Seahawks last year showed us the fastest way to be good is to draft a good QB.

You can even throw in the 49ers with Cap.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    Not even close. I think the Colts, Redskins, and Seahawks last year showed us the fastest way to be good is to draft a good QB.

You can even throw in the 49ers with Cap.
    And all 3 had good offensive lines. If they had bad O-lines, do you think they would have had good years?