Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: W/ Revis Trade.. Jet's get phyiscal in round 1

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    If I had my way, we'd take Warmack or Cooper at #9 then grab Eifert or Austin at #13.

Then, if we take Austin at #13, grab Ertz or Kelce in the 2nd round.

If we take Eifert at #13, take the best available wideout in the 2nd round (Hopkins, Woods, Allen, Patterson...at least one of them is bound to be there)

It's time to get this sh*tastic offense back on track.

Go defense for the rest of the draft after that for all I care.
    I agree with 13/2nd round.. still think an OLB is the way to go in round 1, and then we can get our OG in 3 or 4.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    And all 3 had good offensive lines. If they had bad O-lines, do you think they would have had good years?
    LOL the Colts let Luck get sacked 41 times and they're running game was astrocious (granted some of that falls on the RB). The Seahawks and Redskins had the same O-line but the year before they weren't nearly at the same level of play. RG3 and Wilson make them look better because of they're ability to escape. But reading draft articles for the Redskins, O-line is a priority for them.

Im not trying to downplay the importance of an O-line. Look at Rodgers and Cutler behind poor o-lines, but they still managed to be pretty good because of QB play. But to say the quickest way to get good is an O-line is ludacris. In today's NFL its all about the QB. If you have a good QB you can make up for some of the holes you have on offense.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    LOL the Colts let Luck get sacked 41 times and they're running game was astrocious (granted some of that falls on the RB). The Seahawks and Redskins had the same O-line but the year before they weren't nearly at the same level of play. RG3 and Wilson make them look better because of they're ability to escape. But reading draft articles for the Redskins, O-line is a priority for them.

Im not trying to downplay the importance of an O-line. Look at Rodgers and Cutler behind poor o-lines, but they still managed to be pretty good because of QB play. But to say the quickest way to get good is an O-line is ludacris. In today's NFL its all about the QB. If you have a good QB you can make up for some of the holes you have on offense.
    So true.and best way to help a young qb is to surround him with talent and playmakers.why do you think Atlanta drafted Julio jones after they had roddy white.or why colts drafted two tightends and some wr for luck last year.you guys don't rg3 loves that he has Alfred Morris behind him? Qb is no doubt out biggest need and since we know we are going to have a young qb wether it be this year or next lets get him damn playmakers.a good oline can only get you so far.we need some explosiveness on offense.MM is not sparano he likes to throw deep and take shots.where would flacco of been last year without smith and boldin making plays for him.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be ok with one guard but we got to address out skill positions in this draft.all of them wr,te, and rb.hopefully we can find a franchise qb but I doubt it in this draft.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
    Why draft play makers when you have no one to deliver the ball to them. Not to mention the QB (whoever that may be) will be on his back the whole time. One of the reasons why Brady has been awesome for the past ten to thirteen years is because he never gets touched..... unless he's playing the Giants.
    Maybe you are too young, but i recall the Jets knocking Brady out of the playoffs recently.

Also why will the QB be "on his back the whole time". If we add a Cooper or a Warmack our offensive line could be one of the best next year.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not understand why everyone wants Austin. I am not saying that he is not a playmaker. However, the one position on the offense where we have a good young player IS our slot receiver - J. Kerley. Personally, I would be happy with an stud OL, but if you want a WR pick another WR. Do not be redundant with the position (slot). We already have a good slot receiver. I can hear it now - I don't want a good slot receiver, I want a great slot receiver. You don't know what any of the kids will be in the NFL. It is ALL speculation. We know what we have with Kerley - a player. Let's move on from the slot position and focus on the MANY other holes on this team.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    If I had my way, we'd take Warmack or Cooper at #9 then grab Eifert or Austin at #13.

Then, if we take Austin at #13, grab Ertz or Kelce in the 2nd round.

If we take Eifert at #13, take the best available wideout in the 2nd round (Hopkins, Woods, Allen, Patterson...at least one of them is bound to be there)

It's time to get this sh*tastic offense back on track.

Go defense for the rest of the draft after that for all I care.
    I'm looking for us to target the following depending on how the draft falls:

OLB: Jordan / Ansah / Jones / Collins / Washington
    OG: Warmack / Cooper / Winters
    WR: Austin / Hunter / Hopkins
    TE: Kelce / McDonald

Add a Safety and RB to the mix somewhere

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by suprjet View Post
    I'm looking for us to target the following depending on how the draft falls:

OLB: Jordan / Ansah / Jones / Collins / Washington
    OG: Warmack / Cooper / Winters
    WR: Austin / Hunter / Hopkins
    TE: Kelce / McDonald

Add a Safety and RB to the mix somewhere
    I think Star has to be in there.

Personally I would love Star @ 9 and at 13 trade back and get Eifert or Austin (Prefer Eifert).

If we can't trade out, thats a tough call but I'd probably take Cooper. I'd strongly consider Vaccaro, Eifert, and an OLB thats dropping (Jones, Mingo).

And then in the 2nd take Ertz. I would also love to trade a 5th rounder for Chris Ivory. He's never going to be great, but he can be a game changer and really open up our passing game.
    Last edited by bgivs21; 04-17-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Maybe you are too young, but i recall the Jets knocking Brady out of the playoffs recently.

Also why will the QB be "on his back the whole time". If we add a Cooper or a Warmack our offensive line could be one of the best next year.
    Yes it's true that we beat the Pats a couple of years ago but, let's be honest... they usually give a beating...... Also, I agree with you regarding getting one of those guards. They will help the offense in a big way.