Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who are you taking in this scenario?

All League

who are you taking in this scenario?

If the draft falls as followed who are you taking at the #9 and hoping for at the #13 assuming Revis is traded.....

1) Chiefs -- L. Joeckel
    2) Jaguars-- D. Jordan
    3) Raiders-- S. Floyd
    4) Eagles-- G. Smith
    5) Lions --- E. Fisher
    6) Browns-- D. Milliner
    7) Cards--- L. Johnson
    8) Bills-- ---C. Warmack

as for me I take Star Lotulelei with the 9 and hope for J. Cooper at 13 if he is gone..... zig Ansah .
    interested in others picks under these conditions.

All League
    Star.

Rookie
    Ansah for me. Then Cooper at 13 hopefully

i am taking Anzah at no 9. ... at no. 13. I think Star is potentially still on the board.... warrants consideration... thinking Austin/patterson at no. 13.. although I would take cooper..

Veteran
    Cord at #9.

and my board awaiting #13

Star
    Jones
    Ansah
    Cooper
    Mingo

Jets Insider VIP
    Star or Cooper

All Pro
    I think i am taking Cooper . I want to take Star, but i think i will see who is there at 13 between him and Ziggy and that's who i take.

Cooper at #9

Then pick Ansah/Mingo at #13

Mingo

Then Austin or Cooper
    Last edited by King Koopa; 04-16-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Mingo and I am not banking on getting the 13th. People are crazy with assuming that IMO. You have to be realistic.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Mingo

Then Austin or Cooper
    KK, mingo's strength...or shall I say lack of...scares me to be taking him at the 9 spot...I envision a Aaron maybin that can't get past the good olineman...no concern??

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    KK, mingo's strength...or shall I say lack of...scares me to be taking him at the 9 spot...I envision a Aaron maybin that can't get past the good olineman...no concern??
    Strength was not Mingo's problem. He has a great burst and is highly athletic. Use him at OLB ranged wide and he will be a monster. Ansah would be a solid pick as well, but he's a higher risk of making the jump against NFL opposition. It's hard to learn basics against pro's.

From a value perspective, I'm mixed on taking a guard this high. Go for high skill at this level... get a guard in the 3rd or 4th or later.

TE is very deep in this draft. Eifert would be a solid pick at 13, but unnecessary. WR on the other hand is not so deep. But I'm very leery of Patterson.. just rough and raw. Not worth this high a pick. Allen? Hopkins would be a reach.

QB is a waste in the first. RB's are mediocre. All that said, and knowing I'm wasting some value re the guard, I'd probably go:

Mingo/Cooper. Then target Hopkins in the second.

Mingo or Jarvis Jones

Guard can be had in 3 or 4

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Mingo or Jarvis Jones

Guard can be had in 3 or 4
    I could be talked into mingo....but want no parts of jones. BUST

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Strength was not Mingo's problem. He has a great burst and is highly athletic. Use him at OLB ranged wide and he will be a monster. Ansah would be a solid pick as well, but he's a higher risk of making the jump against NFL opposition. It's hard to learn basics against pro's.

From a value perspective, I'm mixed on taking a guard this high. Go for high skill at this level... get a guard in the 3rd or 4th or later.

TE is very deep in this draft. Eifert would be a solid pick at 13, but unnecessary. WR on the other hand is not so deep. But I'm very leery of Patterson.. just rough and raw. Not worth this high a pick. Allen? Hopkins would be a reach.

QB is a waste in the first. RB's are mediocre. All that said, and knowing I'm wasting some value re the guard, I'd probably go:

Mingo/Cooper. Then target Hopkins in the second.
    then why wont he bench for teams....he didnt at his pro-day or the combine

Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    If the draft falls as followed who are you taking at the #9 and hoping for at the #13 assuming Revis is traded.....

1) Chiefs -- L. Joeckel
    2) Jaguars-- D. Jordan
    3) Raiders-- S. Floyd
    4) Eagles-- G. Smith
    5) Lions --- E. Fisher
    6) Browns-- D. Milliner
    7) Cards--- L. Johnson
    8) Bills-- ---C. Warmack

as for me I take Star Lotulelei with the 9 and hope for J. Cooper at 13 if he is gone..... zig Ansah .
    interested in others picks under these conditions.
    I agree 100% with Star and Cooper in that scenario. If Cooper was snagged before 13, I'd seriously consider Vaccaro at 13 and then look at Warford or Barrett Jones in the 2nd.

Cooper and Tavon Austin. HAVE to get somebody on offense that will at least get opposing defenses to realize we have the ball.

All League
    i really like sitting at the 9 spot. we are going to be sitting in a spot where we might get offered to trade back, which I would love and still get a real nice player.
    this draft has been knocked because of its lack of talent at the qb position, which i agree with, but besides that it is real deep with nfl starters.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Cooper and Tavon Austin. HAVE to get somebody on offense that will at least get opposing defenses to realize we have the ball.
    You don't have to get anybody. A lot of good skilled offensive players aren't drafted in the 1st