Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E J Manual??

All League

E J Manual??

Rex wanted Kaepernick bad a few years back.....something tells me he is pushing hard for Manual....i think he might be a jet next week.

not sure if i like this or not??

Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    Rex wanted Kaepernick bad a few years back.....something tells me he is pushing hard for Manual....i think he might be a jet next week.

Definitely a work in progress, but like his size, athletic ability. He's gonna ride pine for a while.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post

Manuel*... i think he'd be a good pick for us and we seem to be interested. We'll have to see if he's still available once we are on the clock on Day 2.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzershot18 View Post
    Manuel*... i think he'd be a good pick for us and we seem to be interested. We'll have to see if he's still available once we are on the clock on Day 2.
    If the Eagles take Geno and Buffalo takes Nassib then he might be there at 39

Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    i think jax should take him, local guy to get locals excited.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i think jax should take him, local guy to get locals excited.
    Ya thats a definite possibility, makes sense for Jacksonville

All Pro
    He's far from a finished product, but the Kaepernick-like potential is there.

However, EJ was nowhere near as prolific or productive as Kaepernick was in college.

Similar ability and skillset but very different as prospects because of experience and production.

I know I have said a few times before, but I think it's true. At least one QB from this class is going to be good. Damned if I know who. Manuel is one of two or three guys who can actually be special.

All Pro
    E J Manuel is nothing like Colin Kaepernick.

I've been watching a lot of the good and bad games for Nassib, Barkley and Manuel this passed week because I think they're the only three quarterbacks we would go for early (could see Renfree or Dysert later in the draft if we don't get any of the above three). I like Manuel a lot. Maybe its his style of play that is seeing so much success across the league that has me blinded, but with Barkley I see a guy throwing touchdowns to a top-10 pick next year in Marquise Lee and a solid #2 in Robert Woods. With Nassib, his throwing darts at receivers 5 yards away and complete lack of a touch pass scare me. I would be OK with Manuel at 39, but would rather not trade up for him. Taking a guy like Manuel doesn't mean we can't look at a QB next year, either.

However, the success of RG3, Cam and now Kaep have me worried that we would be the team to select Manuel, a guy that should succeed in a similar style of play as the above guys only to see him be a bust. I could just see the Jets trying to follow the trend only to get the guy to fail at the dual threat...

Smoke screens are always possible, but the Jets have said some interesting things leading up to this draft regarding qbs:

They see value in rd. 2-3.
    They have said that this draft has several guys who can start immediately.
    They may have someone ranked higher than anyone else or anyone in the media/scoutng circles...

Leads me to believe they might have these qb's ranked much differently than most here or anywhere else have them...

Like EJ, Dysert (or someone else not on the media's radar) as the number 1 qb in this draft.
    Last edited by Monsterxman; 04-17-2013 at 08:02 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    E J Manuel is nothing like Colin Kaepernick.
    I agree....but rex falls in love with players.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    He's far from a finished product, but the Kaepernick-like potential is there.

However, EJ was nowhere near as prolific or productive as Kaepernick was in college.

Similar ability and skillset but very different as prospects because of experience and production.

I know I have said a few times before, but I think it's true. At least one QB from this class is going to be good. Damned if I know who. Manuel is one of two or three guys who can actually be special.
    u might be right.... chances are somebody picks up a good qb but I sure as hell don't feel like taking the chance with this group!! and I sure as hell don't want to take one with the 2nd rounder.....this draft doesn't have the qb's but 1-40 is full of nfl talent and we are going to have a great chance for a quality starter with that pick.

any shot we get howtorunoffense manual????

All League
    something to think about.......why would a qb expected to go in the 2nd or 3rd round accept an invitation to the draft??? who knows something?? his Agent?? he could vary well be the 2nd qb taken in this draft.....could goofy buddy nix be looking at him at #8 if geno is gone???

Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    If you're implying Buffalo takes Nassib before us in round 2 - remember that we actually draft before Buf in round 2 - it's reversed from round 1.

Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    If you're implying Buffalo takes Nassib before us in round 2 - remember that we actually draft before Buf in round 2 - it's reversed from round 1.
    Understood, I was thinking they would move up or take him in the first given Buddy Nix recent comments, thanks for the response.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

He's looked good in the highlight video's, has good escapability, seems to have relatively good touch on the high arcing deep throws, most of the time will slide/go out of bounds when the D narrows the field down at the end of a good run to avoid unnecessary big hits.

Just heard him on Sirius and he sounded like a smart guy (anyone got his wonderlic score?) said most teams have responded favorably to him in interviews and he see's this as the reason for his late rising up many draft boards. His O at Florida St had many similarities to what teams have been testing him on with recall of plays on the whiteboard leading to him having a good understanding and providing solid answers.

I didn't see many hard throws on a line ... Have some concern over darts that will need to be tossed to the 20 yard out range or middle of the field throw to TE/ slot receiver ... Will keep searching for game film to monitor this specific issue.

Comes across smart enough to be respectful to his interviews yet still personable enough to not just be giving canned answers

In general liked what I saw ... Would be happy with hm in the 2nd

( edit - just watched the 2013 bowl game vs No. Il. Highlights ... Looked better in the intermediate range throws ... Still would like more consistency with speed in delivery of these midrange throws
    Last edited by lamont_jordan_rules; 04-18-2013 at 01:26 PM.

I didn't get a good feeling watching Gruden breakdown tape with Manuel. Normally Gruden takes it more seriously and actually analyses play but instead he just joked around about how Manuel's ball security sucks when he scrambles.

I still would take Manuel over most of the other qbs in this crappy qb draft class but not until round 3.

I have like Manuels video clips of him talking or being interviewed more than the others. I still wouldn't take him in the 1st two rounds.