Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tight Ends....Why is Eifert a possible high 1st rounder and Ertz a possible mid 2nd?

Tight Ends....Why is Eifert a possible high 1st rounder and Ertz a possible mid 2nd?

Torn on who I like better but they seem pretty similar

Anyone have an idea why there is such a big disparity?

Eifert put up slightly better workout numbers but Ertz seems more athletic on tape....They are basically the same size as well
    Last edited by King Koopa; 04-17-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Torn on who I like better but they seem pretty similar

Anyone have an idea why there is such a big disparity?

Eifert put up slightly better workout numbers but Ertz seems more athletic on tape....They are basically the same size as well
    I have seen a number of articles that say that Eifert catches almost everything thrown near him and Ertz, by comparison, has the dropsies.

All Pro
    Eifert's a better prospect. Like definitively. On just about every dimension.

I really don't see what makes Ertz so special. I'm not saying the guy's a bust or anything, but his ceiling is pretty... meh. He'll develop into a very average, but dependable TE. Don't see probowls in his future though. I like Escobar far more in the 2nd for that.
    Last edited by Paradis; 04-17-2013 at 12:46 AM.

Someone always jumps on a TE WAY too early IMO. I hope to god that isnt us AGAIN. Youd think after 4 fails they would not do that anymore. I dont think any other team has drafted 4 1st round TEs. Keller was maybe the best of the bunch but lets be honest no way was what he did for this team worth a 1st rounder. Out side of Tony Gonzalez and maybe Davis how many TE that have gone in the 1st where truly the PBA for that team? Look for one no earlier then the 3rd please.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Someone always jumps on a TE WAY too early IMO. I hope to god that isnt us AGAIN. Youd think after 4 fails they would not do that anymore. I dont think any other team has drafted 4 1st round TEs. Keller was maybe the best of the bunch but lets be honest no way was what he did for this team worth a 1st rounder. Out side of Tony Gonzalez and maybe Davis how many TE that have gone in the 1st where truly the PBA for that team? Look for one no earlier then the 3rd please.
    Terrible perspective. Just awful dude. Spoken like someone who's truly out of touch with the position and what it adds to the right offense. Playmakers are playmakers. Don't put a "round cap" on where to take a TE, or any other position.

You're not usually this daft. I think you need to get in touch with your inner tight end.

No Tight Ends really wow me to be honest....Would rather go for a mid rounder

If I'm taking a tight end in the top 15, they gotta be a Vernon Davis freak

What is Eifert's ceiling?

All Pro

Well he's a better prospect than his former teammate Rudolf. I'd say a more consistent Jermichael Finley.

At this point, I'm kinda secretly hoping we take Reed in the 4th, and the Revis deal nets us TB's 2014 pick that we can spend on Sefarian-Jenkins. That guy is best TE prospect since Graham. Possibly ever.

I was never a fan of drafting a TE in round 1. however, with and elite talent, the TE position is a significant weapon in the NFL. It would have to be one physical specimen for me to pull the trigger.. It is a need postion or the jets and always look at BAP.. If I had the no. 9 and no. 13 picks.... TE is not position I would take.. trading down is option... 4 picks in top 60 would be nice. 6 picks in top 90 (with revis trade)..

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    They would not do that anymore?

Idzik just got here. Nobody in the Jets FO, as well as the Owner, were here for Mitchell and Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Terrible perspective. Just awful dude. Spoken like someone who's truly out of touch with the position and what it adds to the right offense. Playmakers are playmakers. Don't put a "round cap" on where to take a TE, or any other position.

You're not usually this daft. I think you need to get in touch with your inner tight end.
    Truth.

+1

All League
    I think you need to get in touch with your inner tight end.
    Mods, please merge with the Carrie Rhodes ? thread. Thanks.

I'll admit I'm jaded on TEs. 1st rounder rarely work out as BPA for that team and some very good TEs can be found in rounds 3-4 in most drafts. I just dont see why it has been all or none for this team. Out side of Baker who may have actually been our best TE over the last 30 year we either take a TE in the 1st or 6-7 rounds. I'd just like to see something new. I dont want Cumby as our starter either so I'd get a 1st rounder on one but I dont want it to happen. Bad perspective yeah I'll admit it.

Eifert is going to be a poor man's Jason Witten. Ditto for Ertz. Ertz at 39 makes waaaay more sense than Eifert at 9 however.

BTW, Jets need a Tight End, both blocking and receiving, B-A-D.

All League
    no problem going cooper or warmack with the 9th

eifert with the 13th

those 2 players will be in green n white for a long time....both playing at a high level.

make no mistake eifert is GOOD!!

this scenario could well happen.

All League
    also eifert doesn't drop passes and is a good blocker. without a doubt a notch above ertz.

Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    also eifert doesn't drop passes and is a good blocker. without a doubt a notch above ertz.
    Eifert isn't a great blocker he's average at best. I agree he'd be a good choice at 13 though if somehow Warmack or one of the pass rushers fell to 13 I would take that and Ertz at 39. That would be a jackpot.

Sports Science on ESPN just did a show on Ertz, look it up. The guy looks very promising, I say he completely outperforms Dustin Keller.