Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Pre-draft presser Wednesday 04/17 @ 1:00

Jets Pre-draft presser Wednesday 04/17 @ 1:00

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    GM John Idzik emerges from draft bunker at 1. Pre-draft presser with executive Terry Bradway and college scouting director Jeff Bauer.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/index.html

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    GM John Idzik emerges from draft bunker at 1. Pre-draft presser with executive Terry Bradway and college scouting director Jeff Bauer.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/index.html
    Worthless - I mean it's not like there going to give us information that we don't already know right? Why do they even have these things?

Jets Insider VIP
    I actually think it's a nice gesture to do it but totally worthless since they can't actually say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    Worthless - I mean it's not like there going to give us information that we don't already know right? Why do they even have these things?
    for the press

To tick off JI

Hall Of Fame
    LOL...true, but its not like Idzik has done a lot of pressers since taking the job. As long as I dont hear the word "process" 100 times I will be fine with it.

All League
    What is telling is Ryan isn't slated to be there. Usually it was Tanny, Ryan,
    Bradway & Clinkscales. Now its Idzik, Bradway & Bauer subtle but there's
    no doubt Idzik is running the show

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    as he should....

I'll still watch though. He's not going to tip his hand, but he might give you a little about his mindset going in.

This is also a very important draft for the Jets. If Idzik hits a HR and you couple that with what I still believe is a good foundation of talent (Nick, Brick, Harris, Wilk, Coples, Revis??), we could easily be back in contention by 2014. If he fails like Tanny had done so much in recent years, most of that foundation will be gone by the time the Jets get other positions in order.

I think it will be interesting to see what Idzik has to say.

Great point.

Well, if you were worried that Rex Ryan was running the show when Tanny was the GM, then I see your point. I never believed that. I believe Tanny was in charge, he just solicited too much say from Rex.

There's no evidence in either scenario. But I do hope Idzik can provide Rex with some good defensive pieces. I still think the defense could be very good this season.

Rex hasn't been at the pre-draft pressers. Rex is at the post Round 1 draft presser and some of the other round pressers..

Posted Apr 19, 2012
    By Jets Media Relations Department

Transcript of this afternoon's Jets predraft news conference with general manager Mike Tannenbaum, vice president of college scouting Joey Clinkscales and senior personnel executive Terry Bradway fielding questions from Jets beat reporters at the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...e-677278877cfa

Posted Apr 21, 2011 By Jets Staff

Transcript of the Jets' predraft news conference, with Mike Tannenbaum, general manager, Joey Clinkscales, vice president, college scouting, and Terry Bradway, senior personnel executive, taking questions from reporters at the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center this afternoon:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...7-a2ad5c550cb8
    Last edited by C Mart; 04-17-2013 at 09:39 AM.

wow, that's great to hear. now, if they draft austin in the first, i'll really believe rex ain't runnin things.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Great point.
    +1

Although, some posters around here (you know who you are), will later state the "fact" that Rex is pulling all of the personnel strings -- only if the moves go wrong, of course.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    wow, that's great to hear. now, if they draft austin in the first, i'll really believe rex ain't runnin things.
    If the Revis trade goes through and we have the Buc's 13th I would like one of the OLB's at 9 and Austin at 13..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    If the Revis trade goes through and we have the Buc's 13th I would like one of the OLB's at 9 and Austin at 13..
    The tough part is deciding on which OLB to get. Opinions on these guys is very widespread.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The tough part is deciding on which OLB to get. Opinions on these guys is very widespread.
    Oh without a doubt and Jarvis Jones had a bad combine and pro day but if you watched him play he looked fine.. I would take Jordan and him over Mingo.

This is a good, good thing.

The best managers, know how to get the most out of their employees. Rex has shown zero aptitude for making personnel decision, outside of defensive linemen.

Tanny pandered to Rex's whims.

This doesn't necessarily have to about "Idzik put Rex in his place", as much as it's about Idzik is doing a better job with clarity around roles and responsibilities, and out of that guidance and clarity, should come an opportunity for Rex to better focus on being a HEAD coach. Something he was never able to improve at with Tanny, as he was mired being a PR attraction.

I hope Rex is able to succeed in this new environment, to be honest. Needing a new coach is not a setback I want to endure.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    For me, I take Jordan. Most versatile guy, can play in 4-3 if Rex gets fired next year and there is a scheme change. I think he is a better pass rusher than he is getting credit for. That would be my choice.