Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 99 of 99

Thread: "Cowardly act" in Boston

  1. #81
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,557
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    LOL, oh boy if I don't agree with rightwingers I also do not deal with reality?
    The claim that this Administration doesn't consider the political angle at any given moment is simply one of the most delusional things ever posted here

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    The claim that this Administration doesn't consider the political angle at any given moment is simply one of the most delusional things ever posted here
    Considering political angles is the same as hoping it was a "right wing radical"?
    When a horrific event occurs you want to catch the persons and deal with the political fallout afterwards.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Why cling to labels? How were Newtown and Aurora any less of a terrorist attack than the Boston Marathon?
    Well for one think Both Newton and Aurora were horrific acts perpetuated by mentally ill people. The Boston Massacre as well as Fort Hood was committed by Jihadists with a political agenda. Jihad is not a mental illness it is a political agenda. As such referring to Newton or Aurora as terrorism does not fit nor would it make any sense whatsoever.

  4. #84
    The Bush administration called Chechen extremists freedom fighters when they were granting them asylum in 04.

    The enemy of our enemy is our friend has been a policy of the right and the left in this country for years and it bite us in our ass when we supported them in Libya, when we supported them in Afghanistan against the Russians and we gave asylum to these anti-Russian creeps from Chechnya.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Well for one think Both Newton and Aurora were horrific acts perpetuated by mentally ill people. The Boston Massacre as well as Fort Hood was committed by Jihadists with a political agenda. Jihad is not a mental illness it is a political agenda. As such referring to Newton or Aurora as terrorism does not fit nor would it make any sense whatsoever.
    How do you make these giant assumptions as to mental illness and political agendas? By all accounts the younger brother wasn't a practicing Muslim and yet you know better?
    They are seeking the death penalty, wtf else do you want?

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    How do you make these giant assumptions as to mental illness and political agendas? By all accounts the younger brother wasn't a practicing Muslim and yet you know better?
    They are seeking the death penalty, wtf else do you want?
    Don't want anything else. Didn't say I did in my post. I just found it odd that someone compared this event to the Aurora and Newton events. The Boston incident was a terrorist act perpetrated by Jihadists, the other tragedies were committed by people with mental disorders.

    I'm not sure what accounts you were reading but everything about the older brother points to him having been a trained jihadist that clearly indoctrinated the younger brother. The FBI was warned about him and his social media has tons of jihadi stuff on it.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    The Bush administration called Chechen extremists freedom fighters when they were granting them asylum in 04.

    The enemy of our enemy is our friend has been a policy of the right and the left in this country for years and it bite us in our ass when we supported them in Libya, when we supported them in Afghanistan against the Russians and we gave asylum to these anti-Russian creeps from Chechnya.
    There is a difference between the Chechnyan freedom fighters and Chechnyan Jihadists. They are different groups with different agendas. Read some articles on the subject. There have been tons of write ups these past few days.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Don't want anything else. Didn't say I did in my post. I just found it odd that someone compared this event to the Aurora and Newton events. The Boston incident was a terrorist act perpetrated by Jihadists, the other tragedies were committed by people with mental disorders.

    I'm not sure what accounts you were reading but everything about the older brother points to him having been a trained jihadist that clearly indoctrinated the younger brother. The FBI was warned about him and his social media has tons of jihadi stuff on it.
    We do not know if this azzhole was crazy or not. You can be crazy and a jihadist, no? You are jumping to conclusions without any facts. We still do not know the motive for Newtown.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    We do not know if this azzhole was crazy or not. You can be crazy and a jihadist, no? You are jumping to conclusions without any facts. We still do not know the motive for Newtown.
    What are you talking about? We know the motive for Newtown. The kid had mental issues and was jealous that he felt his mother loved those kids more than him. The mom had been contemplating having him committed.

    For the Jihadists there is no evidence that either brother had mental issues. In a sense you can say that anyone that murders or kills "must be crazy" but that would be the ultimate naivete. The Boston attack was an act of terrorism. The only real question left is whether they were supported by an outside group or was it a solo act.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    What are you talking about? We know the motive for Newtown. The kid had mental issues and was jealous that he felt his mother loved those kids more than him. The mom had been contemplating having him committed.

    For the Jihadists there is no evidence that either brother had mental issues. In a sense you can say that anyone that murders or kills "must be crazy" but that would be the ultimate naivete. The Boston attack was an act of terrorism. The only real question left is whether they were supported by an outside group or was it a solo act.
    There has been an official release as to the motive for the Newtown shootings? Link?

    If you go by what other Muslims have stated about this azzhole, you could argue he was not right in the head. He was thrown out of his mosque because of irrational outbursts, if this is true, do you simply ignore it? You are making assumptions, you do not have "FACTS" do back up what you are saying period.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    There has been an official release as to the motive for the Newtown shootings? Link?

    If you go by what other Muslims have stated about this azzhole, you could argue he was not right in the head. He was thrown out of his mosque because of irrational outbursts, if this is true, do you simply ignore it? You are making assumptions, you do not have "FACTS" do back up what you are saying period.
    I would hope and assume that most Muslims consider Jihadists to be irrational and worthy of throwing out of their Mosque. Did you think otherwise because that would be quite prejudicial? I don't need to wait for official releases about Newton or Boston. In both situations the motives are very clear and easy to see.

    Fact: The older brother was shunned from his family for his increasingly disturbing Jihadist rants. Fact: The FBI was warned that the older brother may have ties to international terror activities. Fact: At one point he was interviewed by the FBI regarding this. Fact: His social media pages were filled with speaches and quotes from Jihadi Imams. This stuff should be pretty easy to piece together for a special agent such as yourself.

    Regarding Newton it is widely known that the motive was that the kid was jealous that the mother was spending time at that school. I'm not going to bother posting articles, this stuff is widely reported on.

    Generally this is a strange argument we are having. Common sense dictates that when a mentally disturbed individual goes on a rampage it is not terrorism. I'm pretty sure that even Barry and the WH press corps have been referring to the Boston Incident as a terrorist attack.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    There is a difference between the Chechnyan freedom fighters and Chechnyan Jihadists. They are different groups with different agendas. Read some articles on the subject. There have been tons of write ups these past few days.
    There was a difference between Al Qaeda when they were fighting the Soviets and when they were bombing the USA. Our policy of granting asylum has bitten us in the ass.

  13. #93
    My argument is that you are making assumptions and cases are built on facts. It is not what you believe it is what you can prove and you are using your own opinion based upon stories you have read or heard.

    If someone continually acts irrational but they are a practicing Muslim they can no longer may be considered legally insane?

    There has not been an official motive for Newtown, yet you know better by reading articles on the net?

    You have no problem talking on the behalf of a dead perp, that's funny stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I would hope and assume that most Muslims
    consider Jihadists to be irrational and worthy of throwing out of their Mosque. Did you think otherwise because that would be quite prejudicial? I don't need to wait for official releases about Newton or Boston. In both situations the motives are very clear and easy to see.

    Fact: The older brother was shunned from his family for his increasingly disturbing Jihadist rants. Fact: The FBI was warned that the older brother may have ties to international terror activities. Fact: At one point he was interviewed by the FBI regarding this. Fact: His social media pages were filled with speaches and quotes from Jihadi Imams. This stuff should be pretty easy to piece together for a special agent such as yourself.

    Regarding Newton it is widely known that the motive was that the kid was jealous that the mother was spending time at that school. I'm not going to bother posting articles, this stuff is widely reported on.

    Generally this is a strange argument we are having. Common sense dictates that when a mentally disturbed individual goes on a rampage it is not terrorism. I'm pretty sure that even Barry and the WH press corps have been referring to the Boston Incident as a terrorist attack.

  14. #94
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,738
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    I could care less what the left wing or right wing media has to say. Axelrod is no longer a part of the govt.
    You just don't watch cable news.

    If you did, you'd have just as many wacky a** posts as the other clowns in this thread.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    My argument is that you are making assumptions and cases are built on facts. It is not what you believe it is what you can prove and you are using your own opinion based upon stories you have read or heard.

    If someone continually acts irrational but they are a practicing Muslim they can no longer may be considered legally insane?

    There has not been an official motive for Newtown, yet you know better by reading articles on the net?

    You have no problem talking on the behalf of a dead perp, that's funny stuff.
    That's right. I am a poster on a message board. I exist as part of the court of public opinion. I have read enough on the Newton Massacre to be satisfied with my conclusions. I have read enough on the Boston Massacre to be satisfied with my conclusions. I don't need an official government report to help me reach these conclusion. They are as obvious as O.J.'s guilt was.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    There was a difference between Al Qaeda when they were fighting the Soviets and when they were bombing the USA. Our policy of granting asylum has bitten us in the ass.
    Our entire immigration system alongside the student visa system needs a thorough review. The policies you are criticizing re supporting "freedom fighters" vs the Soviets are very convenient to criticize in hindsight.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Our entire immigration system alongside the student visa system needs a thorough review. The policies you are criticizing re supporting "freedom fighters" vs the Soviets are very convenient to criticize in hindsight.
    "Freedom" fighters that's cute. These same Chechen freedom fighters have been murdering civilians since the 90's.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    That's right. I am a poster on a message board. I exist as part of the court of public opinion. I have read enough on the Newton Massacre to be satisfied with my conclusions. I have read enough on the Boston Massacre to be satisfied with my conclusions. I don't need an official government report to help me reach these conclusion. They are as obvious as O.J.'s guilt was.
    Simplistic views to make your opinions fit your assumptions.

  19. #99
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    There was a difference between Al Qaeda when they were fighting the Soviets and when they were bombing the USA. Our policy of granting asylum has bitten us in the ass.
    To nitpick, Al Qaeda and The Taliban are not the same organization.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us