Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 trades jets SHOULD make

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

3 trades jets SHOULD make

While Ive been thinking about these draft stategy for awhile seems like ganggreennation has summed it up in an article.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2013/...-should-happen

Darrelle Revis to the Buccaneers for a 2013 first, third, and 2014 third (conditional second). This should give the Jets the #13 and #75 picks this year.

Trade back from the #9 to #11 with the Chargers. In return, the Jets could receive the #11 and #78 picks, the fourteenth selection in the third round.

Trade back from the #13 pick received from the Buccaneers to #31 with the 49ers. In return, the Jets could receive the #31 and #34 picks.

The total haul for the Jets would be the #11, #31, #34, #75, and #78 picks. Add in their own #39 and #74 picks, and the Jets have seven picks in the first 100 selections, opposed to the three they would have started the draft with.

Im for keeping the pick at 9 depending on who is available... Any thoughts?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good! I'm tired of speculations.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets88NY View Post
    While Ive been thinking about these draft stategy for awhile seems like ganggreennation has summed it up in an article.

Darrelle Revis to the Buccaneers for a 2013 first, third, and 2014 third (conditional second). This should give the Jets the #13 and #75 picks this year.

Trade back from the #9 to #11 with the Chargers. In return, the Jets could receive the #11 and #78 picks, the fourteenth selection in the third round.

Trade back from the #13 pick received from the Buccaneers to #31 with the 49ers. In return, the Jets could receive the #31 and #34 picks.

The total haul for the Jets would be the #11, #31, #34, #75, and #78 picks. Add in their own #39 and #74 picks, and the Jets have seven picks in the first 100 selections, opposed to the three they would have started the draft with.

I would be all for that. You should expect 4 starters out of those 7 picks, would replenish the team with a lot of cheap, young players.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

This is silly. Its mere speculation and dreams. The 49ers wouldn't give us that 31 and the 34 for the 13th pick.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do you know the Chargers and 49ers would be willing trade partners?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a similar scenario in a mock draft a while back. Unlikely but you never know. It would all be dependent on who was on the board at the time. San Diego needs an OT badly and if lane johnson is there that trade is viable. If one of the top CB's is on the board at 13 SF could very well be interested in that trade down. They have bags of picks and the value of 31 and 34 is viable for the 13.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Banks81 View Post
    This is silly. Its mere speculation and dreams. The 49ers wouldn't give us that 31 and the 34 for the 13th pick.
    Not saying the 49ers would do it but it works on the trade charts. Going from 31 to 13 is big.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like your ideas, but am not wanting to let go of Revis for anything less than 1, 2, don't care if they are this or next year. Otherwise, keep him and lock him up forever.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why not? bigger trades have been done

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why not they have like 7 picks in the 1st 4 rounds and have very few holes. I think it is a given at some point they trade up. Or maybe even trade out all together for picks next year. If Milliner and Rhodes are both off the board by 10 someone on the bottom half will be looking to trade up for a CB IMO. If SF can have their pick Trufant, Taylor, Amerson and, or Banks at 13 I'd say it is a no brainer for them. Us on the other hand, Personally I'd want more then that. If Rhodes is there you can bet your butt I'd want a LOT more then that.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I think we can all agree on one thing.....I can't wait until next Thursday night is here so we can end all of this speculation.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    nothing about this front office gives me confidence that having "lower" picks means drafting good players. Until i am proven wrong by the new GM i'd rather take my chances drafting in the top 10, and keeping the best corner on the planet.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    I think we can all agree on one thing.....I can't wait until next Thursday night is here so we can end all of this speculation.
    And the whining can begin..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    First I live the idea of trading back in this very deep draft class. Ofmcourse you need a partner.

Second I'm curious if it is desirable to have 7 contracts expire at the same time 4-5 years down the road regarding resigning them- I wonder if that's a factor at all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    And the whining can begin..
    And the immediate grading of every pick / team ... and the second guessing ...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate these hypothetical trades

The only one that really has a chance of happening is Revis to Tampa.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    A 1st, 3rd and a conditional 3rd that could become a 2nd .... for a CB?

Lol.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    nothing about this front office gives me confidence that having "lower" picks means drafting good players. Until i am proven wrong by the new GM i'd rather take my chances drafting in the top 10, and keeping the best corner on the planet.
    Wed only be keeping the best corner on the planet for 1 year, a losing year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Says you. No one knows what is going to happen, all you can do is ASSume.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    I think a lot of people actually feel this same way, not the lower pick part but the part about keeping Revis. The sad fact is that there is a price you have to set and stick to it. It also doesn't help that the owner appears to be totally fed up with dealing with Revis's agents.